MERGED ----> Yeehawwwwwwww Nascar! + Any NASCAR Fans Here?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ZOOTB

Acrobat
Any NASCAR fans here?

I never was but just started getting into a bit this year. Who's your favorite driver? My favorite driver: Dale Jr. with Ryan Newman second.

I've never really understood it, but my dad's kind of into it and my sister's a car person and watches with him sometimes. I listen to some syndicated racing radio shows and the family's tried to explain it, but along with chess, it's one of the things I'm dumb as a brick about. That said, I have a lot of residual goodwill for Dale Jr because (1) his dad was a favorite in our house and (2) he's pretty cute.

Boston? I thought it was just a southern thing;)

My family is nuts for it, but I could never get into it. Just watching cars go round and round and round, when nothing matters but the last 2 laps anyway, does not enterain me. But to each his/her own!

BluberryPoptart said:
Boston? I thought it was just a southern thing;)
Its huge in New Hampshire, so us Bostonians can just drive over the border and become instant rednecks :wink: .

That being said, it bores me.

I like NASCAR, but don't go out of my way to watch it. Mostly I just watch it if my dad does, and we watched the Pepsi 400 together last week. My favorite drivers have always been Bill Elliott (who is semi-retired, I guess) and Mark Martin. I like Dale Jr., too.

I really dig racing, but Nascar is honestly about my least favorite (drag racing being the least interesting for me).

I still watch it quite a bit though. Dale E. Jr. is probably my fav.

Little E fan here. I am relieved he suffered only minor burns yesterday. that was very scary. Thank God for advancements in technology.

I use to be a huge NASCAR fan, but my interest has lapsed in the last couple of years. My favortie driver is Tony Stewart. I like Dale Jr, too.

Justified-I was glad to hear he was okay. Did you see the New Hampshire race last weekend? It was painful to watch the driver change.

Yeehawwwwwwww Nascar!

:sexywink:

yes all you NASCAR fans this weekend starts the 2005 season.

*taps the keg* :drunk:

racesT1_daytona.gif

It should be a good race - I enjoyed watching last year's finale with it being so very close between JJ, JG and KB. Can't believe KB held on w/o a tire.....

My pick is the #24 car but would like to see either #06 or #02 win as well as this is their swan song....

question: I'm a BIG motorsport fan but I've been mainly focussed on sportscars in the off-season. Has NASCAR still got that ridiculous Chase To The Cup or whatever they called that stupid system last year?
You know what I mean, the one where they levelled the points of the top 10 drivers with 10 races left. I will not be following the championship again this year if that is the case.

Congratulations Jeff Gordon, the true champ of 2004.
:madspit:

And yes, I'm British.

Last edited:
RA-D said:
question: I'm a BIG motorsport fan but I've been mainly focussed on sportscars in the off-season. Has NASCAR still got that ridiculous Chase To The Cup or whatever they called that stupid system last year?
You know what I mean, the one where they levelled the points of the top 10 drivers with 10 races left. I will not be following the championship again this year if that is the case.

Congratulations Jeff Gordon, the true champ of 2004.
:madspit:

And yes, I'm British.

they show NASCAR over there?:ohmy:

as far as the point system. Yes they still have it.

http://www.nascar.com/2004/news/headlines/official/09/19/points_chart/index.html

Back
Top Bottom