MERGED --> What are you reading? + Eragon + Interference, What Are You Reading?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Utoo said:

Definitely a funny read.

YES! I loved this book. Laugh-out-loud funny, which is always a great thing.

I had to take a break from reading, having hit the wall after 73 books so far this year. I had a few books checked out from the library, but returned them before I read them, since I just wasn't in the mood.

I'm slowly working my way through U2 By U2. I think I might pick up Tom Perrotta's "Little Children" next because I'd like to see the movie, but want to read the book first.

corianderstem said:

The Bitch Posse by Martha O'Connor. Three women share a secret from their high school days, and the effect the secret has had on their lives. Really melodramatic and fairly silly, but I kept reading to see what the deal was. Disappointing.

I read this a while ago. It was a train wreck until the end. I was disappointed by the end of the book as well.

I'm currently reading White Oleander.

I liked White Oleander, although it's on the depressing side. I'm excited to read her new book as well!

what a coincidence, i signed on today with the intention of finding this thread of posting, but the work was done for me :drool:

I just finished reading A Mighty Heart by Mariane Pearl, the wife of journalist Danny Pearl, who was murdered in 2002 in Pakistan by terrorists. I know the story and everything, but the book explained everything in so much detal. Still, reading it, I thought, just for a minute, that everything would work out and Danny would come home, even though you know he doesn't. :sad: I don't cry at books/movies or anything like that, but I sobbed at this book, especially at the end, with the exceprts from letters that people sent Mariane and her son Adam, who she was pregnant with during the whole ordeal. I absolutely recommend it, I picked it up Saturday night and finished it Sunday afternoon, it was just so compelling. :heart:

the more you guys post in this thread, the more likely it is that elvis will give us a whole book forum for christmas. wouldn't that be awesome? i think so too. :heart:

Oh sorry, my bad...

I thought you could delete posts. It seems all you can do is edit them for some time.

I'm reading 'Little Children' by Tom Perrotta, because I wanted to read the book before I see the movie (I :heart: Kate Winslet.).

It's very good! Funny, a little disturbing, and a quick, good read.

I'm reading some hot Human Anatomy and Histology text books. The Photographic Study of Human Anatomy by Rohen is a must read! :drool: :wink:

9960945.jpg

It's pretty much every book in one book. :drool:

U2Man said:
no one has read the new stephen king?

Not yet. He's coming to Seattle next week and will be making a pitstop at my workplace, so I'll be buying it there.

He's only signing a limited amount of books, but the event organizer told me that those of us active in the workplace book club will have priority for signing. Whoot!

Star Trek: Titan - Taking Wing

The first of a series with Riker as captain of the USS Titan, set after the events of Nemesis.

It's pretty good so far.

The Birth House by Ami McKay

About a midwife trying to keep the tradition in a New England town when a doctor comes in with the latest and greatest in OB care for women and promises how much easier it will be for them.

It really speaks to me. I'm not that far away from birthing and nursing babies ;)

No sex in it so far though, that's a bit disappointing to me. LOL

The Boy Who Fell From the Sky by Ken Dornstein.

Ken's brother was one of the victims of the Pan Am disaster over Lockerbie, Scotland. The book is about Ken's journey to make sense of it all. So far, anyway ... I don't know what'll happen after page 50 yet. :wink:

It's excellent so far.

corianderstem said:
I'm reading 'Little Children' by Tom Perrotta, because I wanted to read the book before I see the movie (I :heart: Kate Winslet.).

It's very good! Funny, a little disturbing, and a quick, good read.

Another Kate lover here :wave: :love:

I started reading Pride&prejudice and i'm about 50 pgs in - it's funny and it's only the really old-fashioned language that's a little tricky to follow but as i've read a few other books of that time like Jane Eyre, i can just look past what they're saying at times and get the point! :ohmy:

It's definitely an enjoyable read :up:

I finally got U2byU2 last week so i've started reading it too&i can't get over how moving those first few pgs are! It's incredible reading all the detail about Bono's troubles with his dad&the utterly devastating circumstances of his mum's death :sad:

It was v interesting when you read about how they were so fortunate in crossing paths! :happy: It's amazing to imagine if Edge's dad had decided to go and live in Manchester instead! :sad:

But, hey! We're sooooo lucky that they DID meet!!!! :D :dance: :rockon:

Last edited:
susanp6, I have the same problem with Austen and some other classics. I tend to ususally read lighter fare, and sometimes struggle a bit when I have to use my brain while reading. :wink:

I read Pride and Prejudice this past year and really enjoyed it. I found it a little easier to get through than I had expected. Either that means I liked that one more than others, or I'm finally getting used to the writing!

Back
Top Bottom