MERGED --> Van Halen Reunite w/David Lee Roth + David Lee Roth is back in Van Halen

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Reggie Thee Dog

Blue Crack Addict
Van Halen Reunite w/David Lee Roth...

but not with original bassist Michael Anthony...:tsk:

While I've been looking forward to this for many years, I'm disappointed that it's not a full reunion of the Classic Van Halen team but :shrug:

It is what it is and either way I'll grab a ticket, because as odd and goofy as he is, David Lee Roth knows how to put on a great show. :rockon:

Can't wait to hear them play "Jamie's Cryin' " or "Jump" live with Roth again (even if he can't sing :lol: )

http://www.vh1.com/news/articles/1551546/20070202/van_halen.jhtml

Now the real question....will it make it unscathed through 40 shows? :hmm:

Best VH frontman - too bad he can't sing anymore. Scissor kicks FTW?

:yawn: Meh - this will fall apart like all the other attempts to get the band back together. I, myself, prefer the music that VH put together when DLR was on the mike, but I can't stand him personally. And his ego versus Eddie's ego always = hissy fits & the two of them storming out of the room shouting obsenities before calling a press conference to say there won't be a reunion after all. :slant:

Just my prediction of it, anyway. :shrug: :)

I went to VH's website yesterday. There's nothing going on there. They just have a message up about them getting "back together".

I loved VH with Dave, but he was pretty much washed up 6 years after he left the group. I think a lot fans are going to see these shows to see how bad Dave really is. I hope Eddie makes a lot of money, because the VH cash cow is almost dead.

yes!!!! diamond dave's back!!!!!

yes!!!!!:hyper:!!!!

holy :censored: sammy is gone!!!!!!and the other crappy singer!!!yay!

I can't wait for the scissor kick and the karate kick too!!

I say cue up a vocal track and Dave can lipsynch and run around and entertain.

I just hope he and Eddie can make it through a whole tour...:eyebrow:

David Lee Roth did great on the tour he did with Sammy Hagar back in 2002. I really don't know why people think he is over the hill?! He did basically all the kicks or tricks he did with Van Halan and actually sounded better on the vocals.

It's weird. I heard that Dave sounded good when he toured with Sammy. But, I remember back in 1991, when he was touring for A Little Ain't Enough and he was awful. He was so awful that when he opened the show with You Really Got Me, it took me a few minutes to figure it out. He didn't really sing his songs. He just kind of spoke them. I guess I'm thinking that if he couldn't sing 15 years ago, maybe he can't sing now. Maybe he was just having a bad year.

DLR is hit and miss some nights. I've seen him a couple of time in the mid to late 80's and both times he put on a great show and sang for the most part...but you never know.

This VH tour will be mostly about the 'magic' of Eddie and Dave. If they're getting along you'll get it and the shows will be amazing...if they're feuding it could still be amazing...but most likely not...:uhoh:

Only time will tell...:shrug:

let's just hope that one of them wont throw each other off the stage:uhoh:

i'm so excited!:hyper:!

I wonder when the tour dates will come out to the public...

MrPryck2U said:
It's weird. I heard that Dave sounded good when he toured with Sammy. But, I remember back in 1991, when he was touring for A Little Ain't Enough and he was awful. He was so awful that when he opened the show with You Really Got Me, it took me a few minutes to figure it out. He didn't really sing his songs. He just kind of spoke them. I guess I'm thinking that if he couldn't sing 15 years ago, maybe he can't sing now. Maybe he was just having a bad year.
I have witnessed the good and bad DLR during his solo career.
Having seen him play a club show at Avalon in Boston (1993 or 94 I think), it was the worst show possible. He sucked, his band sucked, just bad. A huge letdown, getting amped to see him in a small club and it was just awful.

But on the Hagar/Roth tour he was great, and was backed by a stellar band.

All the naysayers can make their comments, and though I will miss Mad Anthony, the VH show is at the top of my list for must see concerts this year.
DLR may be great or may be so-so, but I know EVH won't disappoint.

Last edited:
Some classic videos and live performances:

*link removed by Bonochick*

Last edited by a moderator:
Now, it looks like VH is going to be releasing a Roth era Best Of. (1978-1984) It's rumored to be released on 3/27/2007.

For everyone that says Dave cant sing here are some live performances:

MrPryck2U said:
Now, it looks like VH is going to be releasing a Roth era Best Of. (1978-1984) It's rumored to be released on 3/27/2007.

They are releasing The Best Of 1978-1984 on March 27th. They signed a contract with concert promoter Rock Nation for a 40 date North American tour this summer. I'm sure they cant just pull out now after signing a deal or they would be sued for million. I cant wait to see them.

Reggie Thee Dog said:
vhroth...any word on new songs with that compilation? Someone somewhere threw out a song title of 'Reactor'...b.s. or possible?

Cool site :up:

The Reactor song was started as a joke. There is no confirmation of any new music yet. Brad Starks,the webmaster of the official VH site has said that a new site will be up soon and that the band is going to use the original logo from Van Halen 1.

Also Kid Rock may be inducting Van Halen in to the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame.

Back
Top Bottom