MERGED --> there aren't enough food threads here. + food thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hmm... I like scrambled eggs, poached eggs, and eggs in omlette form... not so much for the fried eggs, though.

In any case... I will have eggs on toast. Never tried beans on toast, though. Beans are more of a 'have them with hotdogs and/or at a campfire' kind of thing. Sometimes in chili form, as beans are a major constituent of sweet lady chili. Might be worth a try though, if beans on toast is as good as this thread seems to indicate.

I just had some peanut butter on toast. North American sweet hydrogenated vegetable oil peanut butter that doesn't seperate into oil and paste... I can't stand true peanut butter... blech... give me the mass produced synthetic stuff any day.

~unforgettableFOXfire~ said:
Hmm... I like scrambled eggs, poached eggs, and eggs in omlette form... not so much for the fried eggs, though.

In any case... I will have eggs on toast. Never tried beans on toast, though. Beans are more of a 'have them with hotdogs and/or at a campfire' kind of thing. Sometimes in chili form, as beans are a major constituent of sweet lady chili. Might be worth a try though, if beans on toast is as good as this thread seems to indicate.

I just had some peanut butter on toast. North American sweet hydrogenated vegetable oil peanut butter that doesn't seperate into oil and paste... I can't stand true peanut butter... blech... give me the mass produced synthetic stuff any day.
damm.... eggs pull one back,its 2-1 to beans united

~unforgettableFOXfire~ said:

The beans in question,i believe,are a very british tradition.Haricot beans in a rich tomato sauce......ummmmm lovely on toast:heart:

So there wasn't enough food threads around the other day...now we have two.

Do I smell the need for "The Naked Cheif" to be a little of a new sub-forum :wink:

Just posting here to say I disagree with the OTHER thread being closed.
About 4 of us were having a good chat in there, this 'gay thing' that people were taking offence to (that Boy didnt even intend on doing) had finished a long time ago, and the topic had been totally different for the previous 3 pages.

:down:

Thanks for your input.

And just a reminder, threads about closed threads are against the FAQs, so get this thread back on beans or eggs or whatever, or THIS one will be closed too.

pax said:
Thanks for your input.

And just a reminder, threads about closed threads are against the FAQs, so get this thread back on beans or eggs or whatever, or THIS one will be closed too.

So pray tell......... is a thread about cooking about beans and eggs about alledged homophobia about reading into a thread whatever you want about threatening to close a thead just cos a moderator doesnt like it against the FAQ's?????
If so this is censorship gone mad....this is giving people TOO much ,self gratifying ,power:mad: :madspit: :mad:
:banghead: and goodnight

Aardvark747 said:
Just posting here to say I disagree with the OTHER thread being closed.
About 4 of us were having a good chat in there, this 'gay thing' that people were taking offence to (that Boy didnt even intend on doing) had finished a long time ago, and the topic had been totally different for the previous 3 pages.

:down:

Well said my friend but im afraid your fighting a losing battle on this one:( If you can't say anything really nice all the time don't say anything at all seems to be the motto.This will inevitably lead to a dull,stagnant,boring site:sad:

aaahhh go easy on the mods.

My guess is they got a few complaints on that other thread and did what they thought was best.

don't let it bug you too much, it's no big deal.

oh yeah...back on topic, I make a lovely macaroni salad :yum:

Last edited:
boystupidboy said:

So pray tell......... is a thread about cooking about beans and eggs about alledged homophobia about reading into a thread whatever you want about threatening to close a thead just cos a moderator doesnt like it against the FAQ's?????
If so this is censorship gone mad....this is giving people TOO much ,self gratifying ,power:mad: :madspit: :mad:
:banghead: and goodnight

I'll repeat what I said earlier: we'd rather people not start threads about closed threads, and that includes turning a completely unrelated thread into a thread about a closed thread.

Feel free to continue to talk about food, and this thread can stay. Or you can continue to complain about a thread that was closed for good reason, with support of other mods, and I (or another mod) can close this one, too. It's up to you.

Back
Top Bottom