MERGED --> The Snow thread + I live under a blizzard

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sicy said:
More snow pics please :love:

As you wish:)
3429659923232%7Ffp64%3Dot%3E2323%3D84%3A%3D328%3D323284%3A237888nu0mrj

^^ 6 am ^^ shoveling to be able to get to work.......I was out there from 5:55 am till 7 and I only got about half of the driveway done..........about 10 minutes later when it combined to be a blizzard, I said screw it......I' m taking a comp day.

3429659923232%7Ffp58%3Dot%3E2323%3D84%3A%3D328%3D323284%3A23788%3Anu0mrj

^^ 2 pm ^^ on the way to another whiteout...........

3429659923232%7Ffp63%3Dot%3E232%3B%3D%3B7%3A%3D42%3A%3DXROQDF%3E2323758%3C%3B%3B2%3C9ot1lsi

Wait 5 minutes and the weather will change is a little saying we have here in WI. Very true it is.:yes:

We ended up with about 10 inches.........and now we have lake effect snow going on and off. Blowing and drifting also. However, it looks like the east coast is really gonna get slammed. Good luck everyone. :)

3429659923232%7Ffp7%3Enu%3D3232%3E759%3E237%3E2323759328389ot1lsi

now it is just bright and pretty.....and we have been taken out of the Winter Storm Warning. Oh happy day!:D

We got a hell of a lot of snow...and it's still falling. 20-30 cms, along with winds gusting to 80 km/h. Not a nice day at all!

Oh, you can watch our webcam. It's pointed outside.

http://vanderlindes.camarades.com/

(In case you're wondering, that funny white thing is my father's computer screen reflecting in the window.)

No cars can get up the hill, they keep on having to reverse, hehehe.

U2democrat said:
We're getting freezing rain right now. We're supposed to get up to 1/4 an inch which could mean possible power outages..............:yikes:

We had that happen a few days before Christmas.... I was without power for about 14 hours (when I called it in they said it would probably be 48 + hours, so I feel very lucky) and know people who were without for 4-5 days.

I was a bit worried about maybe being 48 + hours without electric, because everything in my house runs on electricty (except the phone...and of course I had my cell phone). Because I have a cistern for water, I can't even wash my hands or flush the toilet if I don't have stored water (which, of course I didn't :( ).

This time I was prepared. I got plenty of kerosene and propane (heaters and cooking), batteries, hay and grain for the horses, cat food, dog food, even people food ;) and stored a bunch of water, and am ready to rough it if need be (oh, yeah, I also live back a fairly long lane on a back road which is one of the last to be plowed out). So what happens? We get a dusting. :shrug:

Please... you inexperienced people. I laugh at your 18" of snow. I mock your 24" of snow. Here in New England, we expect 25" or more. And we're damn proud of it. O.K., maybe not, but that's what's coming. ;)

I have plenty of snow pics from past New England storms. Would you prefer that or fresh new pics? :wink:

i see about 5 inches of new snow ontop of a dumpster out there...the snow is falling lightly, no blizzards. sure, it's only 9:45pm...my outdoor traffic detail for move-in on campus has been made optional for tomorrow...

we've still just got a precition of 18-24in, not 25+in. i'm something like 40 miles west of doctorwho.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
this is outside my window... you can't see anything 'cause there's all these little white things falling from the sky that keep getting in the way

snow.JPG

Damn the little white thingies!
*having flashbacks to this morning*:crack:

us_bos_closeradar_large_usen.jpg

I'm the little state in the middle.

1-2 feet predicted, 74 mph winds through Sunday afternoon...state of emergency declared...and not a gallon of milk or loaf of bread left in the grocery stores of Rhode Island!

Schmeg said:
us_bos_closeradar_large_usen.jpg

I'm the little state in the middle.

1-2 feet predicted, 74 mph winds through Sunday afternoon...state of emergency declared...and not a gallon of milk or loaf of bread left in the grocery stores of Rhode Island!

man....RI is tiny.

:wink:

we're getting hosed here in Northeast Massachusetts. I just had to shoulder-force my front door open to let my dog out to pee, and then she *swam* down the front stairs.. Lady is a Shepherd/Lab cross, not a small girl, her butt is like 20" off the ground and she was up to it in snow!

Same old shizzle here in New England. Blah. :grumpy:

Well, i shovelled our sidewalk so people could walk on it. It wouldn't have been so bad except our neighbor decided to snow blow everything on our sidewalk instead of the yard...thanks pal. Nothing like shovelling 3 feet of hardened snow instead of 1 foot :madspit: :yell:

Back
Top Bottom