MERGED: The Octagon Bar: Under Not-So-New Management At All, Really

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:lol:

Can management do......................this???

*lays on my back on the bar and starts sucking down vodka from the bottle*

** Props open front door and walks in with an air of change. I make a mental assessment of the room and it's layout and proclaim **

There! ** and points to the far corner **

The DJ booth will go there. :yes:

** Walks outside and whistles loudly. A few minutes later 4 guys wearing jeans and wife-beater T's stroll in with wood and construction materials. I don my own Black Hardhat with a red-apple U2 insignia, ready to get to work **

Ok boys, here is what I'm looking for ** Spreads blueprints on the bar, and begins to point excitedly at the different aspects of the DJ Pit **

I hope the girls don't come in while we're under construction, I wouldn't want these hunky men to get distracted by our U2 babes. :drool:

** Directs traffic for the linebacker sized workmen until the new DJ pit is finished **

Hey, don't forget the mirror-ball. This place wouldn't be complete without one of those! ** Flashes back to the last mirror-ball in the Octagon and what happened to it **

http://www.faulguy.com/Interference/Jungle.htm (Check out 2nd link)

** Inspects the new pit and points out various additions **

With all this digital music going around, we absolutely needed a killer computer backending this process. I was able to *ahem* borrow :shifty: some stuff from work. OK, let's start with the dual processor RX2600 using the Itanium chip, running Windows server 2003. But what we really need is storage!
So, I've arranged for a Disc Tower with 14 72GB drives. That's about a Terrabyte of storage. That should keep us dancing for a good many years. :dance: I'm still working on the iPod, iTunes interface, but we'll work it out.

I'll feed that all into our stereo system right here, and we should be able to answer any and all requests. I've had them include a few turntables just in case we actually have someone who can mix.

Hey Guys! Thanks for your help, I need one last thing from you. Haul that out of here!!! ** Points at the Jukebox and then gives it the thumb **

It's been replaced by a touchscreen that you can use when the DJ isn't home.

And let us not forget the speakers :evil: ** Walks behind the dj booth and grabs the remote. Walks up to one of the new bass bottom speakers, puts on Vertigo and turns it up loud Captain**

** As the volume increases, my clothes begin to flutter like the guy in the memorex commercial and as Bono's voice reaches a crescendo and he sings "You give me something I can feeeel, Feee-eel!" my clothes break free of body and fly toward the fireplace. **

** I'm left standing there with the remote and the hardhat which was tightly secured :reject: **

Oh s:censored:t, ** hurriedly scoots over to the couch and grabs the blanket that Merc used yesterday to stay warm and modest **

Glad no one saw that. :shifty: I better turn this down. This could be a powerful weapon in the future :evil:

Hey Tara come over here, I've got something to show you. Stand right about here... :wink:

**Walks into the bar**

Tim! :happy: You're... only wearing a blanket-sarong...! :ohmy:

**Tries very hard not to stare, :drool: and look too :shocked:**

**Walk up to the bardesk**

Ehmm... Could I have... Ehhh... I would like...

**Is indeed very distracted by the bartenders new outfit! :ohmy: **

Just give me something to drink, ok! :sexywink:

**Realises shes all alone in the bar**

:sigh:

**Goes over to the new touch screen music thing**

Yeah, this one...

**"Dreaming with tears in my eyes" starts playing**

**Grabs a pillow in the couch and starts dancing around alone on the dance floor, eyes closed and pillow in her arms**

... will do fine tonight...

**Imagining the the pillow is Bono... :cute: :love:**

**The song ends - goes over to the couch with the pillow**

Thanks for the dance - It was a pleasure dancing with you! :huh: :laugh:

**Walks out of the bar**

G'night! :wave:

Last edited:
***strolls into the bar and stops quickly in the doorway***

Wow, lots of new faces in here. I remember back in the good ol' days and being a regular. Times do change, don't they.

*spies Stars4U2 and winks as she slides into a seat by the bar*

You know what I like to drink. Make sure it's nice and cold or I'll have to dig up the old bar wench uniform and show you how it's done! :flirt:

nurse chrissi said:
every girl needs to own at least one wench outfit:)
stars how are you liking the ipod?

Can I be in love with a piece of electronic equipment? I think I might be. It's like a new pet...I can't let it out of my sight. I got the matching black iTrip on the same day and I was driving around aimlessly in my car and listening to the iPod just because I could. I don't know how I've survived without it.

Did you name your iPod 'COS-erator'? :wink:

starsgoblue said:
***strolls into the bar and stops quickly in the doorway***

Wow, lots of new faces in here. I remember back in the good ol' days and being a regular. Times do change, don't they.

*spies Stars4U2 and winks as she slides into a seat by the bar*

You know what I like to drink. Make sure it's nice and cold or I'll have to dig up the old bar wench uniform and show you how it's done! :flirt:

** Tips hat to stars **

Howdy ma'am, we've missed you around here... I believe that you wanted a Heineken. :D

I might have served it up warm just to see you back in uniform :flirt:

I love my new iPod Toy, but I have a nice dilemma. I have more music than room in the iPod so I'm cleaning up my library.

Hi Nurse Chrissi :wave:

Hi Pax :wave: Can I get anyone drinks while I'm still up?

I love my new iPod Toy, but I have a nice dilemma. I have more music than room in the iPod so I'm cleaning up my library.
that is impressive

The audio quality on this ipod is freakishly amazing
I've got AB cranked up to 11 right now - so amazing
I'm on call tonight so just a diet coke for me:)

btw guys check out razorlight - golden touch - great song I just discovered:)

starsgoblue said:
:hug: Tim

I'll wear the uniform for you anyday! :sexywink:

It's great to see you in better spirits :hug: The iPod has helped do the trick huh?

We have a lot to look forward to. In a few short days you'll have the DVD to watch, and I'll have everything to absorb. I've exchanged my U2 lust for bar wench lust, so I've been feeding off the ladies in here instead of succumbing to the early album leaks :wink:

** Pours Diet Coke for Nurse Chrissi **

Which I think is why a lot of people have been absent, they have been whoring around with U2 when they could have been here with me. :shrug: You just can't account for taste :lmao:

:hmm: Razorlight - Golden touch. I'm still absorbing all of the music that I bought last week. This place is great for that.

I have my first iPod story...

So I have my iPod and I charge it up and throw on a few songs to ride home to. Instead of buying the radio transmitter (which I think I will buy), I used the car tape adapter that comes with cd players usually. But there is a problem... I have to crank the stereo up to 33 and I'm getting a lot of tape noise and I'm thinking, this sucks! So, I reach over to turn off the iPod and my thumb grazes the wheel, which turns up the sound and teaches me a little something about how the iPod works. I turned down my car stereo to about 8 and turned up the iPod. :yes: just right!

Last edited:
never heard of them - going to itunes right now
I've now got Zepplin's physical graffiti on
very very very good

edited - yes i have heard them before - just didn't know who sang it (laid) -buying it right now:)

Last edited:
nurse chrissi said:
very very very good

edited - yes i have heard them before - just didn't know who sang it (laid) -buying it right now:)

Thinks it's time to educate the Nurse in James songs...

Let me throw a couple of links on the interference board....

Give me a few minutes to send them up

http://www.faulguy.com/Interference/ForInterference.htm

starsgoblue said:
What was the first song or couple of songs you guys listened to?

I listened to the Jool's Holland version of Velvet Dress....Bono crooning my ear....:drool: Muuuh I highly recommend it.

I listened to:

The Killers - Everything Will Be Alright
Vertigo - U2
Are You Gonna Wait Forever - U2
Where's Your Head At? - Basement Jaxx
Starry Eyed Surprise - Paul Oakenfold

But today I got to hear All I Want Is You as the first song on the headphones :drool:

nurse chrissi said:
very very very good

I have an acoustic version of Laid that's not too shabby. It's played in a club setting, very intimate sounding. Let me know, and I'll throw it up for your perusal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom