MERGED--> The Movie 'Saw' - WARNING - Possible Spoilers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bonochick

Halloweenhead
Staff member
The Movie 'Saw'

I LOVE horror movies, and I want to see this. A friend of mine who also loves horror movies told me to NOT see this movie. When I asked him why it was such a bad movie, he said it wasn't bad at all. He said it was well-written and well-acted...but it was the sickest, most disturbing thing he has ever seen. He said that a person should not see it alone and should not sit close to the screen.

All of this only makes me want to see it even more! :wink:

Has anybody here seen it?

I also want to see it.

Yeah, it does look quite messed up. Hopefully I wont regret watching it!

I know...while I love horror movies, I'm also easily freaked out...so...yeah. It's quite conflicting. :lol:

i coulda seen it in a free preview showing after the sci fi convention last weekend. but i was tired after being at the convention all day and hadn't heard anything about the movie and just wanted to go home. i've heard mixed reviews of it though.

I heard the same things about the movie. Well written, acted, sick, and disturbing. However, most of the theater laughed throughout the entire movie. The acting was god-awful. The premise was entertaining, but the acting and the script were just horrible. Horror is the most difficult genre to produce and "Saw" definitely proves that!

i agree with zoomeranger
saw it a few weeks ago: this movie had a lot of potential to be one of the sickest and most disturbing films but it is so badly scripted and appoallingly acted that it is actually fuinny at parts. my favourtite lines are "hang on, i think i remember now... (cue long overblown crappy falshback)

it was a bunch of bull which is a shame because it could have been great had it sjut been better written and performed by half decent actors

Haha... I saw this movie too quite a while back, and I have to say that I enjoyed it overall... but I dont think that it was powerful enough to be THAT disturbing. There is one scene at the end (those who have seen it will know what I mean) that I found unsettling to watch, but all in all, the last half hour really is quite laughable.

I love horror films, and though I would say that this is one of the better recent ones, this one really ran the gamut of all the Big Mistakes found in horror movies. The usual stupid feeble woman shrieking at the top of her lungs, idioitic heroes, pointless actions in the name of acting out of fear, frustrating pauses, melodramatic wailings.... and truly hysterical plot devices. (C'mon, don't tell me that the PIG scared you... my sides split everytime I even think of that). By the last half hour, the plot holes are so huge and so ubiquitous, that it really stops being a scary horror movie and one that is really quite cheesy and camp.

Can't say I didn't have fun, though.

Ant.

I don't want to spoil it but I thought it was decent until this one thing happens towards the end that was WAY too predictable and made it too much like any other horror/suspense thriller. Maybe those have seen it know what I mean, it has to do with pretending.....anyway, if you don't like clowns, OMG this movie will totally creep you out!!!

I was a bit reluctant about seeing it at first. But my friends coaxed me into it.

I'll agree with the majority and say it was fairly disturbing and had a good storyline, but the acting was horrid.

One thing I did enjoy was the whole theatre groaning in disgust at one part near the end. The very end was quite a surprise for me.

Oh, and does anyone else think Danny Glover's role was absolutely pointless?

This movie was so jacked up, there was horrible acting, and the story was pretty good. I thought it was pretty funny some of the parts, but they could have made this a really good horror film, but they always have to screw it with some cheezy acting, and cheezy scenes.

Just back from seeing it...I thought it was really good!

I had my eyes closed during part of it, and I didn't even realize it at first. I'm the one who always makes fun of people who close their eyes during horror movies. I'm such a pussy. :lol: :reject: One girl left the theater though...so I wasn't THAT bad! :D

SPOILER - someone tell me something about "saw"

ok, before i go see this movie, someone that has seen it must tell me what this disgusting part is at the end. Is it have to do with them cutting through their legs? I am easily squeamish, so if so i'll have to put that one on the backburner.

Thanks,

Po

Possible spoiler for Dr_Macphisto:

There is some cutting shown for about 5 seconds. I won't say who or what, or anything more though. :wink:

I found other parts of the movie to be worse than that though...

That was the part that I actually closed my eyes at at first. It was definitely cringe-worthy.

I saw it last week with my husband and brother-in-law. I LOVE horror movies/thrillers, and I'm not too picky about them since I think you have to expect a certain level of camp with that type of film. I read a review that said that the first 2/3 were promising, but the last third was let-down, but I thought just the opposite. :shrug:

Yeah, meggie, I loved how it ended. Other people were saying how lame it was, but I thought it was great...I was NOT expecting that.

Back
Top Bottom