MERGED - The Beatles - Love

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
we saw Love at the beginning of July. i can't recommend it highly enough. the show was originally George Harrison's idea. he loved Cirque du Soleil and thought it would be grand to combine the performers with the Beatles music.

it is beautifully spectacular from start to finish. 90 minutes of extraordinary music shared with an audience of 2,000 with six speakers built into every headrest. at the same time you're watching performers, aerial acrobatics, trampolines and blurs of majestic, psychedelic colors.

they spent $130 million on the show with 2/3 of that going to custom build the theatre.

it is magical, heartbreaking, and haunting...the entire time you sit there wide-eyed with your mouth wide open. nostalgia weighs heavy as you're transported back to the 60s. it’ll make you smile and at times fill your eyes with tears because the Beatles are alive and so present. it also reminds you of lost innocence and the loss John and George.

bravo to george martin and son.

it stays with you. expensive but worth every penny.

Last edited:
I'd love to see the show.

I hope the album will be enough for me.

BTW, how long is the show running for?

I just had a listen to this album and it is fantastic! I couldn't stop listening! The mixes worked perfectly and I like how the album plays as a long medley. It sounds unbelieveable with headphones. I'll definitely be buying when this comes out. I also think it will trounce U218 sales-wise, no offense to the boys.

Is this the actual 'soundtrack' as it runs during the Vegas show?

no idea about your last question but i agree with everything you said.

headphones. listening right now. oh man, this is beautiful. :drool:

this is by far the best cd release of 2006.

Octopus' Garden :drool:

It makes me wish I had 5.1 digital surround sound hooked up. That would be incredible.

Still, the cd version is great.
Definitely one of the best of 06. :up:
It's great to hear some different versions of songs I've been listening to for 30 years. I eat that stuff up.

U2Man the e-mail you sent is it the entire album?

How would I convert a Rar file?

Beatles fanatics, what song is the bass that is spliced into the end of Hey Jude from?

Comes in around 3:10.

Loving the album, this is like Dark Side of the Glass Onion :drool:

Last edited:
Listened to this today-----wow. :ohmy:

Un-be-liev-a-ble!

I'll have a more detailed opinion tomorrow when I recover! :wink:

Lila64 said:
where's the love? Come on peeps, show me :flirt:

check your pm box :sexywink:

I cannot stop listening to this. The quality is amazing, and the overall production & mixing are incredible. What I'm most blown away by is the new feel that these mixes have. The album stands on its own very well, but you can sense the eerie dreaminess of Cirque du Soleil all throughout. Having seen a Cirque show, I think it's that latter fact that makes it extra special, I think. If you've never seen them, I'd highly recommend catching them on tv or renting a dvd of one of the shows---if for nothing else than to get a feel of Cirque's ethereal oddness, and then re-listen to this with that in mind.

Wow.

Yeah!

I'd wish George Martin would remaster and remix the entire Beatles catalogue. How sweet would that be? :drool:

I keep hearing delicious little fragments here and there at weirdest places, but wow....what an amazing piece of work.

Being for the benefit of mr. kite -> I want You (She's so heavy) -> Helter Skelter :drool:

If George Martin Jnr. is just half the genius that his father is, there's still hope for music!

Lila64 said:
And thanks Mr.Utoo :sexywink:

any time :giggleslikeaschoolgirl:
:wink:

U2Man said:

Being for the benefit of mr. kite -> I want You (She's so heavy) -> Helter Skelter :drool:

:drool: :drool: :drool:

Within You Without You / Tomorrow Never Knows :drool:

I could probably bring up a million more :combust:-worthy parts

Back
Top Bottom