MERGED-->Terminator 3 + T3 Must Suck

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ABEL

An Angel In Devil's Shoes
Terminator 3

So who's going to go see Terminator 3? :hyper:

I think I'm going to see it tonite when I get off of work. The movie starts at 11:15pm, I get off work at 10pm. I was actually surprised that there are several theaters around here that are showing it today even tho it doesn't officially open until tomorrow.

I haven't heard that much about Terminator 3. I haven't even seen any previews for it in the theaters which is odd...maybe I just haven't seen as many movies as I normally do :shrug: Sometimes I like going to movies without seeing or hearing much about it without any pre-conceived notions. In fact, I didn't even know until last week that it was coming out this week :reject: :lol:

I loved the first two movies, so I hope this one will be good. I will however miss Linda Hamilton in it :sigh:

Anyone else seen it yet or planning on seeing it?

ill probably see it. but it looked silly-'rise of the machines'?...they could have done better than that.

I have tickets to see it in 3 hrs. I'll post my impressions/feelings about it after I get back.

I watched it tonight. It was entertaining.

It's probably my least favorite of the three movies, but it was still enjoyable. It had some really cool action scenes.

If you go into it for nothing more than wanting to see a cool action movie, you will walk out happy! :up:

PS - The female Terminator is quite a looker. She is most definitly hot like a robot.

I just got back from seeing it too...I agree...not my favorite Terminator movie, but still entertaining. I give it a :up:

to think arnold could possibly be type-cast is absurd! hes as mobile of an actor and charachter as any.

now do everyone a favour and elect him as the next governor of california. if only he wasnt european, he could be your very next president! :up:

he seems like a real intelligent man in comparison to other frankensteins ive seen on tv.

He'll be back.

Terminator 4: Rise Of The Cost Of Living in California.

Coming to theatres, next summer.

nbcrusader said:

I thought his next possible role involved saving a civilization from the evil robots in control :hmm: :sexywink:

we are talking about the same thing.

total recall:wink:

Issa will have to settle for the Dept. of Motor Vehicles.

terrible film. Plot holes large enough to drive a truck through

the action sequences were nicely done. But aside from that...there are glaring problems with it 0

Just bought tickets for tonight at 5:30 on the web.....gotta love Ah-Nuld..

Alright, time for me to weigh in with my big, fat, hairy opinion.

I loved it.

I can't say it was perfect, and I don't know that it properly continues the legacy of James Cameron's saga. But it was damn fun to watch, and highly entertaining.

I think it might be better to think of it as more of a spin-off than a sequel. It's taking the story in a new direction, that while it may not be what Cameron visualized as a proper continuation of the story, is at least very intriguing and enjoyable to watch. If fans of the series hate it, well I have no problem with them pretending it doesn't exist.. but at least try and enjoy it for the rip roaring good action flick that it is.

I thought the cast was overall very good, and I would also disagree with those who thought there was no human element or depth.. it's there alright, just not necessarily at the forefront. I at least really felt for the characters and all the fucked up shit that was happening to them. Plus, it was also really really cool! :) Awesome action scenes, and i found it to be very gripping. Most of the humour worked as well, although some was a litttttle hokey.

A few minor complaints... I didn't think kristanna Loken, while very hot, was a terribly menacing enemy.. she was more "nifty" than scary. T-1000 from T2 was a much more pleasingly creepy villain. And there were also some instances that were a little on the cheesy side of things.. but despite a few shortcomings it had the action/humour/excitement formula worked out perfectly and it kept me quite into it the entire way through.. and to me that's what matters. I think i'd give it a 9 out of 10.. a few problems, but it sure kept me excited, surprised, entertained, and intrigued.

And about the ending... SPOILERS follow... (select the text to read it easier.. clever eh?)

I thought it worked very well. The whole theme of controll vs fate that dominates the series is of course a very intriguing one, and here it works out that fate shits on everyone in the end. It was slightly tragic, but overall dramatically it just worked very well, the sealing of fate, the anticipation of what must follow. With this continuation of the series, the creators are going forward and telling the story that was not necessarily to even exist.. but here is what happens when/if it does.. and it's all rather thrilling. It just felt 'big' to see skynet actually implemented and the machines starting to run amok.. I dunno though, maybe shit hitting the fan is just very entertaining to me. Anyway, I can't wait for the (inevitable?) sequel(s?)

Last edited:
Don't laugh at me...I get confused easily.....this was a prequel, not a sequel, right??

terminator 3 was faaaaaaaaaaaaantastic. i left the theatre with two things on my mind... 1, how quickly can i see this movie again... and 2, they deffinetly set themselves up for T4.

This movie was the very deffinition of an action-blockbuster. amazing stunts, good special effects, a few laughs. i think they did a great job continuing the storyline off of the first 2.

i thought it was great. anyone lookin' for an artsy drama or a nice romantic-comedy, this movie is not for you. but if you're looking for a balls to the wall all out action flick, terminator 3 is right up your alley. :up::up:

gherman said:
God! The whole movie I just wanted to have sex with the new terminator... Did you see how flexible she was:)

heh...I can still bench press more than her:tongue:

gherman said:
Quote:"Plot holes large enough to drive a truck through"

HMMMM... where have I heard that one before?

The plot was too thin to have holes in it. Seriously folks, don't be so judgemental about judgement day. Terminator 3 will never win an Oscar for anything other than special effects. Why must all movies be critiqued for artistic achievement? Maybe those people would enjoy it more if they watched it in German with English sub-titles.

:up:

Back
Top Bottom