MERGED --> Steve Irwin (aka Crocodile Hunter) dead?? + Terri Irwin Interview

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I cried. I'm not kidding. He was my IDOL when I was a kid, and he was like...immortal to me. I can't believe he's really gone. I just...wow... :sad:

I watched him for a few minutes today. I had to smile and laugh inside because he was removing a HUGE thorn from himself and going on about how he had to flush it out before he caught a deadly infection.

It's weird how deeply this hurts, him being someone I don't know. But I guess I spent more time "with" him (watching the shows, and experiencing a lot of the same things) each day than I do with most of my family members.

Yesterday I tried to watch him some...but I started tearing up I couldn't take it anymore. I don't think a celebrity's death has ever had this much of an effect on me before...:sigh:

The only other time I've been this upset about a celeb death was when Don Adams passed away last year, and that still makes me sad when I think about it

Did anyone hear something about some people in Australia killing Sting Rays and then cutting off their tails?

bono_212 said:
Did anyone hear something about some people in Australia killing Sting Rays and then cutting off their tails?

Yes, they found dead stingrays without their tails, but they believe it was commercial fishermen removing the stingrays from their nets. Also, it was reported that the stingrays could have been killed before Steve’s death.

BonosBaby12 said:

I hope it does get destroyed that video should not be up for anyone's viewing.

But considering airing the footage would be honoring Steve's wishes, there's really nothing you can do about it.

Watched it live on animal planet last night and i cried.

True Blue made me cry.

The part that made me smile was singing the Gum Tree song and how well composed Bindi is. She's a real tribute to what a great dad Steve was.

The part that really broke me was when they drove his truck out and then that montage of family photos - they looked so recent that I imagine that they could be that last family pictures they ever had taken.

Steve reminds me so much of my dad. He was always so enthusiastic about doing stuff, especially with us kids, and he always had some adventure he wanted to take. He also died at 44 when we were young, so I really feel for his family. I still miss my dad 22 years later. It'll be both a blessing and a curse that his life will be immortalized. They won't be able to ever get away from it but they will also always be able to see and hear him.

I cried all the way through the memorial service, it was heart breaking. What a special little girl Bindi is, I can't wait to see what she does to continue her dad's work throughout her life.

Poor Terri, she looked almost wooden at first, I can imagine it was all she could do to sit there for an hour, in front of the world, trying to keep her composure.

I agree, the family pics in the final montage looked very recent, little Bob looked about the size he is now so they couldn't have been very old at all. I was happy when I read that they had just all spent the month of August together as a family in the bush, at least they have those good memories to hang on to.

Driving the truck out, and the whole crowd singing True Blue, and Russell Crowe's heartfelt goodbye, and poor Wes not being able to keep his composure....it was all just so, so sad.

I know I might sound completely insane here but:

Steve's death has affected me personally. Firstly, I have NEVER missed a single episode of his show. When I was still living in Tanzania, I'd watch it after school, fighting with family members who wanted to watch something else. Being the youngest, I usually got my way.

Coming here to the US for college, I also made it a point to schedule my classes around his show. I then bought anything I could about him, printed out his pictures from the Internet, blew them up and hung them like I would a rockstar's. In a nutshell, I was a huge fan. I had emailed Animal Planet about wanting to meet him, etc. I forced my friends to watch the show with me. I googled everything about him, had a scrapbook of him too.

And now....

I have never ever experienced the death of someone before - my grandparents dying wasn't as bad, because I wasn't that close to them as my sister was. But, when I heard of Steve's death, I literally went numb for a while. Then the tears started flowing... and wouldn't stop. My family called me up here to ask if I knew and if I was ok. It's wierd because I had never met him, but it's like the death of someone I was close to!

I am really having a hard time dealing with this... and refuse to watch/read anything about him now. I know I sound insane. But... that's how it is. It's like...God forbid, Bono dying. Someone with whom we feel we have a personal connection with.

:hug: Babydoll, it's not unusual to be feeling the way you do. Steve Irwin's death has affected me like no other celebrity passing ever has. He was an endearing person on a true mission in life and he shared his family and bared his soul and passions with all of us. It was very difficult watching the memorial service but it was very special and beautiful, and I could feel Steve's spirit there. I feel for his wife and kids, but also feel strongly they will find strength in carrying on his environmental work throughout their lives in Steve's name.

I almost cried right there, with Bindi

the I fell asleep, and woke up for the finale... the song, and the photos.. I almost cried again :(

you are the man, Steve... :rockon:

Carek1230 said:
:hug: Babydoll, it's not unusual to be feeling the way you do. Steve Irwin's death has affected me like no other celebrity passing ever has. He was an endearing person on a true mission in life and he shared his family and bared his soul and passions with all of us. It was very difficult watching the memorial service but it was very special and beautiful, and I could feel Steve's spirit there. I feel for his wife and kids, but also feel strongly they will find strength in carrying on his environmental work throughout their lives in Steve's name.

:hug: Thanks! Yeah I know all that but.... WHY DID HE HAVE TO GO??/ WHAT DID HE DO WRONG? WHY HIM? HE'S SPENT HIS ENTIRE LIFE HELPING AND AIDING THE HELPLESS.

Why?? It's not fair, I just don't get it. There is no fairness or justice in the world. Someone so enthusiastic about everything, someone so passionate has his life taken away in a second. It's not fair, I repeat. You have criminals walking around scot-free and God decides to deprive this man of his life.

I cried my eyes out the other day when i saw the report of the memorial, and especially when Bindi was speaking in front of Steve's picture....oh my god, i just went to pieces and was filling up :sad: :sad: :( :(

It's just not fair :|

Back
Top Bottom