MERGED --> Steve Irwin (aka Crocodile Hunter) dead?? + Terri Irwin Interview

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:sad: Its so weird, i was watching him on tv the other day thinking what a great man he really seemed to be.

SpaceOddity said:
his public persona was silly, but I think everyone still liked him and knew he was a good guy. :sad:

Apparently he's just as charasmatic and overboad off camera as he is on. His private persona is just the same as his public persona.

He really was a great Aussie character, it's all pretty hard to believe :sad:

Dear Queen of britain and the commonwealth please honour this great man ( steve Irwin ) with a knighthood for services to wildlife and the education of all things great and wonderful in the world.

R.I.P mate <---- worst auzzy accent possible

Headache in a Suitcase said:
so sad

he was such a happy guy who truely loved doing what he did. :shrug: perhaps it's a blessing that he died doing what he love to do.

:sad:

I do believe he died doing what he loved most. Believing this helps alleviate some of my sadness anyway. I really loved watching his shows. Especially the ones where his wife was with him and the baby )the 1st one they had) :sad:

capt.bwh80109040931.australia_obit_crocodile_hunter_bwh801.jpg

A wooden crocodile holds flowers from well-wishers outside Australia Zoo at Beerwah, home of Australian international media personality and environmentalist Steve Irwin who died on the Great Barrier Reef in far north Queensland, Australia, Monday, Sept. 4, 2006. Irwin, known as The Crocodile Hunter, was killed Monday by a stingray barb to his heart while fiming a new television series. (AP Photo/Steve Holland)

What a nasty bit of news to wake up to...I went through a intense "fan" period w/the Croc Hunter show 3 or 4 years ago...watched all the shows, hung out on the fan sites, saw the movie; even bought a book...it eventually faded but I still like and admire the Irwin family for all they tried and accomplished in the area of wildlife(even if some of it was a *little* crazy). My condolences to his family...

Its particulary a sad day for me because i actually met him a couple of years ago, and he was a very genuine guy and looked like he couldnt understand what all the fuss was about [there was a crowd around him]. I feel so empty today and god knows how Terri,Bindi Sue, little Robert and other family and friends must be feeling. My heart goes out to them.

R.I.P Steve Irwin. A loss for wildlife conservation.

I woke up on a holiday only for my mom to tell me this. :sad:

I am a HUGE Steve Irwin fan. I don't care what anyone says about the way he talked or acted funny, no one can deny his impact on conservationism and how loyal he was as a friend, son, husband, and father.

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
I woke up on a holiday only for my mom to tell me this. :sad:

I am a HUGE Steve Irwin fan. I don't care what anyone says about the way he talked or acted funny, no one can deny his impact on conservationism and how loyal he was as a friend, son, husband, and father.

Amen :yes:

He was such a good hearted man.

Such sad news to wake up to. :sad:

My kids and I use to watch his shows all the time. They even have a Wiggles dvd with him on it that they use to watch.
My thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

:(

this absolutely sucks....

The man was a hero for a lot of people... and had the balls and the love to go and face the animals face to face...

goddammit... this is really sad :(

:bow: Steve Irwin - RIP

I just found out right now reading this thread:( ...I used to watch his show a lot...He was a good guy...:sad:

Im shocked to hear this today. I have been to his Australia Zoo years ago and it was a really nice place.

He took a lot of risks so Im not surprised about this but at the same time I am.

I feel so bad for his two little kids and his wife.

RIP Steve Irwin

:(

on cnn:
http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/TV/09/04/australia.irwin/index.html

SYDNEY, Australia (CNN) -- Steve Irwin, the enthusiastic "Crocodile Hunter" who enthralled audiences around the world with his wildlife adventures, died Monday after being stung by a stingray while shooting a TV program off Australia's north coast.

Media reports say Irwin was snorkeling at Batt Reef, a part of the Great Barrier Reef about 9 miles (about 15 kilometers) from the town of Port Douglas, when the incident happened on Monday morning.

Irwin, 44, was killed by a stingray barb that pierced his chest, according to Cairns police sources.

He probably didn't know what hit him and died a quick and painless death. :sad:

I don't like nature, and I'm not a fan, but that's terrible.

Always in the back of my head, I thought he would go doing something like that.

He was a really good guy from all I could tell. Rest in Peace.

Back
Top Bottom