MERGED--->Sigur Ros + omg omg Sigur Ros live

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ali Rose

New Yorker
Omg Omg Sigur Ros Live

OOK just got back from Sigur ros with zoney. :hyper: that was in fact the most BEAUTIFUL SHOW i've ever seen to date. I got autographs and a photo with the singer guy. I hope the mystery guy that took the photo sends it to me....THE LEAD SINGER KISSED ME:crack: *DIES

It just so happens i got a set list too. Aftert the show zoney and i stood arund in the back and hmmm. Nobodys watchin the mixing boards or whatever....*YOINK*

ALi Rose has a set list. Which she got signed by the drummer and lead singer after the show. Just seconds after we were aboyt to give up waiting.

Bear we met your friends. :sexywink:

well i'm tired and incoherent as of now. I shall write more tomorrow.....but AWESOME.

Awesome.

They opened with dooooo...doo doooo Kirk thats your song. ;) Seriously never been so enthralled in all my life. Ground breaking natural landscape beauty, indeed.

335%3A399523232%7Ffp67%3Dot%3E2326%3D8%3A%3C%3D7%3B9%3Dxroqdf%3E232334%3B753879ot1lsi

*speechless*

maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan

oh

maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan

i wish i could have gone.

sigur ros rule dont they?

wow... jealous. i wish they'd have come closer to me. you guys meet everyone dammit. congrats, sounds like it was a great show/time!

yeah....I'm just a little jealous

and I am glad they play doo do do cos that's their best song

and I have a plan!!
I'm gonna get sigur ros, u2, and radiohead to all perform a concert at my campus bar sometime next month. I think this might work. It'll be good for newfoundland cos right now nobody comes here and that means everybody is always depressed.

Basstrap said:

and I have a plan!!
I'm gonna get sigur ros, u2, and radiohead to all perform a concert at my campus bar sometime next month. I think this might work. It'll be good for newfoundland cos right now nobody comes here and that means everybody is always depressed.

NOw that would be a show!!!!!!!!!!!:yes: :yes: :yes: :wink:

You're so lucky, Ali! I think they had a show here in DC, but I missed it. :banghead: And interesting setlist.

:hmm: I'll be off to Tower on my break to get their cd. :hyper:

Re: Re: Omg Omg Sigur Ros Live

melon said:

I think he'd enjoy it more if he kissed me. :sexywink:

Melon

LMAO - is he gay?

Anyway, I was walking back to the parking garage, and one of the goofy guys waiting outside with us made what I thought was such a stupid guy remark: "I think he was hiting on me." :mad:

I was just so mad at this guy for making what I thought was a stupid "guy" assumption. Even if the lead singer is gay, my belief still holds that this guy was so wrong. Well, anyway.

The show was awesome! I have never been put in an unenhanced (by substances) trance like I was by Sigur Ros. After working a 14 hour day (second in a row), unfortunately, the trance led to a quick nap. But that should say nothing about the show. It was awesome.

I am happy Ali Rose got to meet the band (she was wondering where I was leading here when I headed off to the stage door).

Thanks for the ticket my friend - I owe you - and a burger at the hard rock is not payment.

Last edited:
Re: Re: Re: Omg Omg Sigur Ros Live

zonelistener said:

LMAO - is he gay?

I thought we established that last night, Jeff?

:laugh:

Yes that show...i cant get it out of my head. That guy fookin plays his geetar with a BOW. I have never been so floored in my life...like literally. I had to use the WC SOOOO bad but I couldnt move. Just sat there in awe. THe lights were beautiful....:drool:

And only looked away to see Zoney swaying with his eyes shut...LOL...had to elbow him.....Zzzzzzzzzz . ALthough I admit I wanted to sleep too. SOOO relaxing.

It was pretty nice how i just stumbled across that set list too ....its one of my faves, cuz you know, I never knew the names of the songs...;)

I WANNA SEE EM AGAIN!!!:scream:

Forgive me..
I hear you guys talk about this band lots here..

Who do they sound like, so I know if I wanna chek em out sometime..?

DB9

they're new wave reggae...kinda like Bob Marley meets the Eagles

I said toot - not zed

Diamondguy -

Remember the Canadians who attacked you in Toronto......

Yeah, looks like you just got blind-sided by another Canadian. Luckily, this one won't leave a mark.

I would have no idea how to explain Sigur Ros. Melodic. Very Melodic. Trance-enducing.

there. I tried. I am more polite than some Canadians.

But I do have a cool Toot that says IAMCANADIAN.

yeah yeah...so I lied...they are melodic

more like bob marley meets radiohead I guess

i STRONGLY urge you to go to this show. EVEN if you have to go alone. This show alone was the single best live show i've seen since...

ok EVER. (U2 doesnt count.)

and did i mention i'd heard about them only 3 days before the concert? If i enjoyed it you can too. PLease. Go. I pray you will make the right decision

Ok...that's it!
Time to get off me royal fookin arse and get me some Sigur Ros...
I've heard soooooo much of this band...and I'm now convinced that I have to get their stuff!!!
So all of you Sigur Ros experts out there:wave:
Where does one start with this band? Which is their best album?:help: :help: :help: :hyper: :hyper:

dizzy said:
You're so lucky, Ali! I think they had a show here in DC, but I missed it. :banghead: And interesting setlist.

:hmm: I'll be off to Tower on my break to get their cd. :hyper:

There are 2 shows in March at 9:30

March 18th and 19th. I am going to snag tickets for the show on the 18th

Back
Top Bottom