MERGED ---> Scott Stapp + Stapp is such and idiot. + brawls with 311

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
a simple google search could've answered the question. they won for best rock song in 2000 at the 43rd annual grammy awards for the song "with arms wide open."

i don't like creed/scott stapp either so :yuck:

Scott Stapp reminds me of some guy in college who every bar he went to caused trouble because he was an obnoxious arrogant asshole who thought he was God's gift to the universe. The problem went on and on because no one ever beat the shit out of him once and for all to end his reign of stupidity. Someone needs to beat the living shit out of Scott and that's that.

*why didn't jofo beat the guy in college up? because my girlfriend always made us leave the bar before I could/true story*

I posted this in my LJ a few weeks ago:

"Four years after splitting with multi-platinum band Creed, former lead singer Scott Stapp is back with his long-awaited solo album, The Great Divide. Pre-order it now and get an exclusive audio interview with Stapp when it arrives November 22. Creed fans will also be happy to know that they can now download Creed's entire catalog, only on iTunes."

YES. Thank you SO much, iTunes. I, like the majority of the population that has good taste in music, have been eagerly awaiting the Scott Stapp solo album. I sure hope it's as good as his stuff with Creed, though that will be hard to top. I'm really looking forward to downloading all of Creed's music, too. Maybe they'll have a boxset like that one band, since they have so much music and all. I can't wait to hear the interview too. What bands hasn't Stapp claimed he's better than? Just how convinced is he that he is, in fact, our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ? Find out in this exclusive audio interview!

I remember hearing an interview with Creed on the radio back when they were still together in which Stapp stated that his latest album was going to be "the next Joshua Tree" :| Furthermore, he said that while they were making the album, they only listened to their own music, so that all the songs on the next album would come from them alone and have no outside influence :| guess that's why all their songs sound the same...

Stapp Brawls w/ 311

Sorry if this has been posted somewhere else, but I didn't see it anywhere:

This may well be the defining moment of 2005:

Scott Stapp and 311 Brawl

Former Creed frontman gets in tussle with L.A. rockers in Baltimore (from Rolling Stone Online)

At Baltimore's Harbor Court Hotel on Thanksgiving night, members of Los Angeles rockers 311, on a day off from their national tour, got into a fist fight with former Creed frontman Scott Stapp, in town to promote his solo debut, The Great Divide. 311 singer S.A. Martinez suffered a fractured knuckle as a result of the brawl, which the band says Stapp started.
"We had just finished dinner and were at the hotel bar to watch the Lakers game when Scott Stapp walked in being very loud and obnoxious," Martinez tells Rolling Stone. "In fact, one of the first things he said was that he loved to fight. So he started doing shots and breaking the glass on the bar, almost hitting one of our crew guys. My wife and I moved to a table and eventually Scott made his way over and sat down. He was looking for attention. Even before that, he had wadded up a napkin that he lobbed in our direction. It was pathetic, and we tried to ignore him, but it was impossible. Then he made a pretty disrespectful comment to my wife, which I'd rather not repeat, but in no uncertain terms, the word 'fuck' was used. That's when [drummer] Chad [Sexton] walked over."

"I had run into Scott that day," says Sexton. "We have some things in common, like the same producer, and we chatted for a few minutes. So knowing we got along earlier, I kindly asked him not to disrespect anybody and reminded him that we're all friends. That's when he sucker-punched me -- hit me right in the face."

"When Scott punched Chad," adds Martinez, "in the follow-through, he hit my wife so then I threw my punch. I think the last time I got into a fight was in the third grade, but it was an instant reaction on my part. [311 bassist] P-Nut also came over and he got sucked into it, opening up a scar on his right arm from a recent surgery. Scott went down, and his girl came over and sat on him to get him to stop, but he got up, enraged, still wanting to fight. After about five minutes, hotel security finally broke it up and kicked him out. Honestly, the hotel was really at fault for not kicking him out when he threw the first shot glass."

Later that night, Martinez went to a local hospital to treat what's called a "boxer's fracture." His right hand is now in a cast, but he was able to perform the following day in Baltimore. "It was different, because I'm used to holding the mike in that hand," he says. "Thankfully, I can still bust a move."

Ironically, before the situation escalated, Stapp had told the members of 311 that he was a fan, according to Martinez. "He was telling us how he'd been to a show of ours in Florida, where he got up on stage, and that he was so thankful that we didn't kick him off," says the singer. "He was saying, 'You had no idea that you guys being so cool to me would inspire me to start a band, and for me to sell 30 million records, win a Grammy, VMAs, Billboard Awards . . .' He just went on and on, like some drunk guy who wouldn't shut the fuck up, while we just wanted to watch the game."

In the end, 311 insist they were acting in self-defense and, according to Sexton, have gone public as a response to rumors to "tell what really happened that so there's no misinformation out there . . . We're very positive people. We've preached positivity on every record we've made. We don't have altercations like this ever. And we even wish Scott well."

For Stapp, this is not the first such incident. In April of 2001, while a member of Creed, he was involved in a bar brawl in St. Augustine, Florida. Witnesses told Rolling Stone at the time that Stapp threw a punch at a man who had taunted him.

When contacted by Rolling Stone, Stapp's representative had no comment on the Baltimore altercation. And according to the Baltimore police department, no charges have been filed.

That's a much more detailed version than mine..

Oh God I'd love to kick the living shit out of that guy. It would be so much fun. Throw a shotglass at me, and it would be his last.. because I'd break both of his arms.. and a leg for good measure.

:)

Fri Jan 6

Scott Stapp, former lead singer of Creed, is engaged. Stapp and Jaclyn Nesheiwat, Miss New York USA 2004, will be married Feb. 10 in Florida, they announced this week. They met last January at a gala for the Muscular Dystrophy Association in New York.

The couple became engaged late last year, the singer's publicist, Dvora Vener Englefield, told The Associated Press on Thursday.

Stapp, 32, founded the rock band Creed and won a Grammy Award in 2000 for the song "With Arms Wide Open." He struck out on his own last year with the solo album, "The Great Divide."

Nesheiwat is the director of public affairs for the Scott Stapp Foundation, which promotes healthy parent-child relationships.

5010614371470.jpg

Last edited:
MrsSpringsteen said:
Fri Jan 6

Scott Stapp, former lead singer of Creed, is engaged. Stapp and Jaclyn Nesheiwat, Miss New York USA 2004, will be married Feb. 10 in Florida, they announced this week. They met last January at a gala for the Muscular Dystrophy Association in New York.

The couple became engaged late last year, the singer's publicist, Dvora Vener Englefield, told The Associated Press on Thursday.

Stapp, 32, founded the rock band Creed and won a Grammy Award in 2000 for the song "With Arms Wide Open." He struck out on his own last year with the solo album, "The Great Divide."

Nesheiwat is the director of public affairs for the Scott Stapp Foundation, which promotes healthy parent-child relationships.

Man, he struck out with his album.. (YES!) But did NOT stike out with his wife! DAMN!

I hate him even more now, and I didn't think that was possible

Mr. MIKEphisto said:

Man, he struck out with his album.. (YES!) But did NOT stike out with his wife! DAMN!

I hate him even more now, and I didn't think that was possible

U2 Feedback » Lypton Village » Lemonade Stand » Usage Of The Word F***

Who fucking cares???? :der:

Just read a quick blurb in the NY Daily News about our good 'ol friend, Scott......

Former Creed front man Scott Stapp will never forget the whisky-drenched night in 2003 when he put a machine gun to his head. His finger was on the trigger when he spied a picture of his 4-year-old son, Jagger. Instead of killing himself, the rehabbed rocker tells Rolling Stone, "I just turned and shot the house up."

I read that article on rollingstone.com a couple of days ago

http://www.rollingstone.com/special/9139515

"After his wedding in February, Stapp will launch his first dry tour. (A sobriety coach will travel with him.) Though The Great Divide debuted at Number Nineteen, selling only 315,000 copies so far, Stapp says the album is doing great considering there has been very little promotion. He also says he could foresee a Creed reunion someday. Tremonti says fans shouldn't hold their breath. "I haven't listened to a Creed song in years," he confesses. "I can't stand it. I wouldn't want to play those songs again. It was a complete nightmare. When people from that era get together, it's like a convention of people who went through Nam."

Responds Stapp, "If he served, I served too. No one wins in a war."

Scott Stapp Gets Married, Arrested

By Gina Serpe

For Scott Stapp, the honeymoon was over before it even began.

Hours after the former Creed frontman tied the knot with beauty queen Jaclyn Nesheiwat in Miami on Friday, the rocker was rung up for public intoxication in Los Angeles.

Stapp, en route to his Hawaiian honeymoon, was stopped from boarding a plane at Los Angeles International Airport Saturday after airline personnel deemed the rocker "antagonistic" and "boisterous."

A spokesman for the airport police, Lieutenant Tyrone Stallings, said the rocker was arrested on suspicion of being drunk in a public place and taken to the Van Nuys station for processing.

According to TMZ.com, which first reported the incident, Stapp demanded a blood-alcohol test at the station, where he registered a 0.18--twice the legal limit.

Stapp, 32, eventually was freed and ordered to report for arraignment on Mar. 8.

There was no immediate comment from his publicist on the arrest--or the nuptials.

What we do know is the singer married Nesheiwat, a 25-year-old former Miss New York 2004, on Friday.

People magazine reported the couple swapped vows at the Vizcaya Museum and Gardens, a European-inspired estate on the city's Biscayne Bay.

Nesheiwat donned a Vera Wang bridal number and walked down a 65-foot-long rose-petal-covered aisle. Stapp's seven-year-old son, Jagger, served as best man, per People.

Scott Stapp and Kid Rock Sex Tape Revealed

There's more trouble on the horizon for newlywed and Creed frontman Scott Stapp, 32. Us Weekly has learned exclusively that a sex tape involving the singer and fellow musician Kid Rock, 35, is set to be released. The tape shows both stars involved in explicit sex acts on a tour bus while touring together six years ago. The two don't engage in any sex acts together, but are seen and heard talking to one another during the acts. Footage was acquired by the Red Light District, the same company that distributed Paris Hilton's infamous sex tape One Night in Paris. 'We acquired the tape from a third party' says Red Light's president David Joseph. 'We haven't decided exactly what we are doing with it but our goal is to release it towards the middle or end of this year.' Representatives for Kid Rock and Stapp could not be reached.

MrsSpringsteen said:
Scott Stapp and Kid Rock Sex Tape Revealed

There's more trouble on the horizon for newlywed and Creed frontman Scott Stapp, 32. Us Weekly has learned exclusively that a sex tape involving the singer and fellow musician Kid Rock, 35, is set to be released. The tape shows both stars involved in explicit sex acts on a tour bus while touring together six years ago. The two don't engage in any sex acts together, but are seen and heard talking to one another during the acts. Footage was acquired by the Red Light District, the same company that distributed Paris Hilton's infamous sex tape One Night in Paris. 'We acquired the tape from a third party' says Red Light's president David Joseph. 'We haven't decided exactly what we are doing with it but our goal is to release it towards the middle or end of this year.' Representatives for Kid Rock and Stapp could not be reached.

scott stapp...has sex?

well. had. this is before Creed got sued for sucking and all that.

this guy just can't stay out of trouble, can he?

Back
Top Bottom