MERGED ---> Rock Star: INXS + Rock star INXS + And the new lead singer of INXS is...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It does seem like an odd way to get a new singer.. especially the way Michael died. It seems, inconsiderate... I tried to watch it.. but I just couldn't take it. Not right I don't think.

I'm still not sure how I feel about this show. I started watching it out of curiosity and found myself enjoying the performances. They were distinctly different than AI performances and the sappy music that they are forced to sing.

I'm trying not to think of this as a bid for a new singer for INXS - although every chance they get,the members keep referring to themselves. "you're not quite right for INXS" - but just trying to enjoy the performances. 3 weeks into it, my favs are JD and Jordis. The rest annoy me.

What I do approve is that the final word falls on the members of INXS. The audience narrows down the selection each week to the bottom three and then the band eliminates the one that just won't do.

I'm so glad that there isn't a lot of bullsh*t (Ryan Seacrest style) and they just get down to it.

sweetie said:
my favs are JD and Jordis. The rest annoy me.
jordis is definitely my favourite. :D

sweetie said:
What I do approve is that the final word falls on the members of INXS. The audience narrows down the selection each week to the bottom three and then the band eliminates the one that just won't do.

I'm so glad that there isn't a lot of bullsh*t (Ryan Seacrest style) and they just get down to it.
i like this too.

although i really loathe how much airtime dave navarro gets. after every performance he gets his say and he is always the first to speak. also, when they announce the three lowest people, then he speaks up and says whether he thinks this looks right or not (like if there's someone up there that shouldn't be or something). i'm sorry, when did dave join the band? and he's such a sleaze. after every girl performs he pretty much says "hey, wanna go fuck? you were so hot." sex appeal is part of performing but good god, to him it seems to be the only thing. i'm just glad they kick his horny ass off the couch when it's time for the deliberations.

It does seem in rather bad taste to hold a contest to find a new lead singer, yet I am addicted to this show. I have yoga tonight so I have to tape tonight's episode.

I have no doubt in my mind that Brandon, the unfrozen caveman rock star, will butcher "Tempted."

I initially like Ty but now he's getting on my nerves.

JD is the tooliest tool that ever tooled. I bet he thinks Michael Hutchence will descend from heaven to annoint him the new lead singer of "our band, INXS." I bet his version of "We Are the Champions" will suck.

Jessica needs to audition for "Coyote Ugly 2: Electric Bugaloo"

Marty is flying under the radar but he is strong. I've enjoyed his performances.

I'm really liking Jordis. Hope she kicks ass tonight.

Marty kicked a$$ last night!!! Jordis as usual was fabulous. JD was :madspit: and he's getting on everyone's last nerve. I'll bet he'll be in the bottom three.

I'm also starting to like Deana ( Ihope thats her name) She has a Melissa Etheridge meets Kim Carnes thing going --and plus she's a U2 fan. :wink:

I got up early this morning to watch this. Thank goodness my VCR didn't have a brain fart.

Once again, Jordis continued to amaze me with her rendition of "Give Me Some Lovin'". She's really a strong performer and if INXS doesn't choose her, I hope she gets a recording contract. Yes, she did have a slight stumble on the lyrics but she recovered quite nicely. Very professional.

Suzie really kicked it up a notch with "Superstition" and I was really impressed with her blue-eyed soul. Great work with the harmonica.

Jessica butchered "Because the Night" one of my favorite songs evah!! Patty Smith and Bruce Springsteen should kick her ass. I doubt she'll make it too far but I hear Hot Topic is hiring.

I loved how MiG added a funky ska edge to "Lola." It could have been cringe-worthy but it worked. And when he took off his military jacket into the audience, I got a bit tingly you know where. Tingly is good.

Just like I predicted, Unfrozen Caveman Rock Star, Brandon, butchered "Tempted." Nice of him to remember shoes, though. However, a shower might be nice, too.

I really like Ty's rendition of "Everybody Hurts." He can be a bit theatrical. He has to remember he's auditioning for "our band, INXS", not "Les Miz." He kept himself restrained and it worked.

Poor Heather. Her caterwauling of "If It Makes You Happy" makes the baby Jesus cry. I hope it's really because she's been sick.

JD fucks up "We Are the Champions." Ah, I love the smell of schadenfreude in the morning. He's such an ass.

Deana ("Give a Little Bit") is talented but is also too granola crunchy to front INXS. She's more women's studies major than ROCK STAR!!

Daphna should go to Joe Strummer's grave and apologize for her craptastic version of "Rock the Casbah." And what the hell was she wearing? She looked like a cross between Morticia Adams and a virgin on her wedding night.

Tara is just meh to me and she remains meh after "Suffragette City." However, I did like her bra.

I like Marty and I enjoyed his rendition of "Lithium." He's consistently good. And he looks familiar to me.

Looking forward to tonight's episode. And as much as I despise JD, I want him to stay for the trainwreck factor. He brings the crazy like a rock and roll Tom Cruise.

i agree with you on all accounts golightly grrl!

i liked how brandon had mentioned "i wore shoes for you guys tonight" just to drive home how dirty (as in unwashed, not as in dirrty) he is. he looks more like he's the one who's lived in his car than j.d.

i have liked jordis since the first episode. i agree with you that if she doesn't win this, she at least deserves a recording contract. although a big part of me doesn't want her to win this though, because she deserves a lot better than fronting inxs, which is horrible to say since they're one of my favourite bands, but if she strikes it out on her own she has the potential to become huge. if she's the lead singer of inxs she'll be singing at festivals and doing tours of every house of blues in america.

watched it this week finally out of sheer boredom, and yes intrigue, a few thoughts

-poor poor Michael, bastard Farriss needs his guitar shoved up his ass
-none of these hacks could carry Hutchence's jock on his worst day
-Ty and Jordis, head and shoulders above the rest
-Dave Navarro was cool once, believe it or not. What a tool he has become.
-Jessica can't sing great, but she's damn sexy. Goodness.
-besides Jordis and sexy Jessica the other females are absolutely non-descript
-the rest of the males are all equally unimpressive

INXS should really be ashamed of themselves.
Should I for watching this? Well I love INXS, I almost feel obligated to see who might be their next singer.
Will it be good? Of course fucking not.
I predict Jordis wins and INXS falls into obscurity.

Wow, really I am saddened by this.
I wish throat punches for all of them.

Last edited:
U2DMfan said:
bastard Farriss needs his guitar shoved up his ass

U2DMfan said:
-none of these hacks could carry Hutchence's jock on his worst day

U2DMfan said:
Wow, really I am saddened by this.
I wish throat punches for all of them.
you know, there's really no need for such rude comments like this. we're all as upset as you about this. but you're being way out of line here.

Last edited:
Jessica should be eliminated soon. She's a pole dancer with all of the charisma of a pole.

And last night I had a dream where I was totally macking on Garry from INXS. Good times.

KhanadaRhodes said:

you know, there's really no need for such rude comments like this. we're all as upset as you about this. but you're being way out of line here.

Rude to who? To you?
Should I preface all my comments as to not offend those totally not associated with the comments at all?
Way out of line? You need to get over yourself.

I am just having fun with it anyhow. Jeez, some of you people need to detach yourself from the perceived "seriousness" of all these fluffy opinions.

Last edited:
U2DMfan said:
Rude to who? To you?
Should I preface all my comments as to not offend those totally not associated with the comments at all?
Way out of line? You need to get over yourself.

I am just having fun with it anyhow. Jeez, some of you people need to detach yourself from the perceived "seriousness" of all these fluffy opinions.
i said you were out of line. what is there not to understand. i think the comments are rude towards the band. like i said, i don't like the show either but what you said is a bit excessive. i wouldn't exactly consider it a personal attack against the band, but it's still overly insulting nonetheless. the rules on this forum in regards to how you treat other members also extends to famous people as well. if you were to post in fym that some politician needs his mic shoved up his ass, you'd be told the same thing. or anyone in any other forum for that matter.

Khan, I know what you're doing as a mod, but many have said many worse things about celebrities before. Hell, look at any Coldplay or Tom Cruise thread - or many in general which speak of well knowns. Even GW Bush. People aren't exactly brimming with politeness on things they feel passionately adamant toward. And I know you personally feel the same regarding the ridiculousness of the show, re: INXS as you yourself are a fan. But this is a little weird. The band deserve criticism. They're asking for it. Reality tv and contestant entertainment shows are either loved or hated. INXS, Kirk Pengilly, that idiot who spawned the show, the Farriss bros and all, all know this. I dont think it's anything they couldn't have expected which doesn't make it great, I know, but everyone surely went into this knowing it was going to be loved and hated simultaneously.

yeah, to be honest, i wondered about that, too.

golighty grrl calls one guy a tool, actually, she calls him an ass later on as well, and then says that another girl should have her ass kicked.

but you agreed with her comments. is that because the contestants aren't in the band? i mean, one of them may be, someday, in the band, so who does the rule apply to?

Can I just state, so no one gets offended either, I know I wasnt and I dont think bg was either, criticising your moderating. It's not really that at all. It's just this stands out compared to not only this thread (I believe earlier on in here, I was even ruder than the above poster anyway :reject: ) but many threads where us members are blatantly rude across this whole board. The fact that we shouldn't be rude isn't the problem (but is on it's own, independantly), but picking this example out as a problem when so many other comments and replies have gone unnoticed is what we're pointing to.
That's all.
:)

Oh, and one more thing, lol, I'm saying all this because I dont want to see this thread closed. I've been reading these comments intently for a while now from those who like the show and I want to keep reading them. So this is partly selfish.

Angela Harlem said:
Can I just state, so no one gets offended either, I know I wasnt and I dont think bg was either, criticising your moderating.

indeed.

i was just trying to make sure everything was fair and square.

it's the libra in me :D

Did anyone watch last night? Anyone? Bueller?

Well, was it just me or did it look like Brandon was wearing a thong? I noticed this in the scene where he is talking to JD (JD was smoking a cig and drinking out of a red glass). It could have been a lower back tattoo, but it really looked like a thong.

I missed last week's show, but was thrilled to see the annoying Heather get the boot. This week, Jessica and the other random blonde girl who sang Melissa Etheridge need to go. They suck.

I like Jordis and Tara.

My new favorite show - although I think in the end it will not be a contest.

I think Mig is by far and away the one to beat and with his role in We Will Rock You - and him being from Australia, the show may not turn out to be a show at all but a way to get Mig to the public.

I would be shocked to see him go.

Jordis' The man who sold the world was chilling by the way...

I just got caught up with some of the comments here.

Look, most of us here loved Michael H as a singer, but he obviously had a very dark side to him.

You have to remember that suicide is one of the most selfish things you can do. It gives you what you want, but in the end hurts your family, friends, loved ones etc.

For the band members, I do not see this as a bad thing. i think they are moving on. You cannot help but feel for them as well - the band was not just Michael. They all had careers and lives built around INXS. It is not right for one man to take that away from them.

I think it is a smart move getting on TV, starting over, and moving on. This is just as interesting a way for them to choose a singer as any other band, plus they get public scrutiny to boot.

I say Rock On and I am hoping they succeed in their endeavor.

MiG is my idea of who should be the new leader singer for "our band, INXS." He's got the voice, the presence, the personality, the cheekbones, and the Aussie accent.

I have a little girl crush on Jordis, but I see her as more of a solo act.

And I have her version of "The Man Who Sold the World" playing on an endless loop in my head. Chilling, is right.

And yes, Tara did deserve to leave. Her heart just wasn't in it. However, I found her to be a class act. And she sure brings the pretty. I'd kill for her cheekbones.

And is my imagination, or did Unfrozen Caveman Rockstar, Brandon, actually appear to be bathed?

Golightly Grrl said:
MiG is my idea of who should be the new leader singer for "our band, INXS." He's got the voice, the presence, the personality, the cheekbones, and the Aussie accent.

I have a little girl crush on Jordis, but I see her as more of a solo act.
i agree with both of those statements. jordis :drool:

Golightly Grrl said:
And is my imagination, or did Unfrozen Caveman Rockstar, Brandon, actually appear to be bathed?
yes! he even shaved for once! i guess even he's realizing he's gotta step it up, and not just in the vocal department. the singer of inxs is going to be expected to maintain some good hygiene.

Windmilllane said:
This show makes me yearn for American Idol.

*sings Whitney Houston song, "I believe the children are our future."*

Whitney Houston... in talking about Bobby Brown's excrable new reality series, a local TV reviewer here yesterday referred to her as "the skeletal wreck who used to be Whitney Houston". What a pity.

ouizy said:
I just got caught up with some of the comments here.

Look, most of us here loved Michael H as a singer, but he obviously had a very dark side to him.

You have to remember that suicide is one of the most selfish things you can do. It gives you what you want, but in the end hurts your family, friends, loved ones etc.

For the band members, I do not see this as a bad thing. i think they are moving on. You cannot help but feel for them as well - the band was not just Michael. They all had careers and lives built around INXS. It is not right for one man to take that away from them.

I think it is a smart move getting on TV, starting over, and moving on. This is just as interesting a way for them to choose a singer as any other band, plus they get public scrutiny to boot.

I say Rock On and I am hoping they succeed in their endeavor.
my thoughts, too

there are a lot of bands,
that just fade away after a loss

let these guys have a chance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom