MERGED: RIP Paul Hester - Crowded House

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I heard the rumour yesterday, but did not want to believe it (and also couldn't find any confirmation). Sadly, I did read a confirmation today. :sad:

Indeed, why?

:sad:

One of the best ever concerts I attended was Crowded House at the Belvoir Amphitheatre. I had seen them before at the Entertainment Centre but the night of the Belvoir was something else entirely.

The Belvoir is an a limestone ampitheatre in the Swan Valley. Cars parked on the paddock, and we sat on the grass. The night was still, the sound carried. In the ghost gum tree sat a few kookaburras who joined in singing with Crowded House. The band quietened to allow the Kookaburras to participate.

Guitars, kookaburras, drums, kookaburras, crowd cheering and feeling one with the universe, all together, in a paddock, in the middle of nowhere.

Kookaburras laughing, the crowd laughing, Crowded House laughing, Paul Hester laughing.

FUCK!

Why?

Damn it,,,, I can´t believe this

Crowded house may be the band i cherish the most. The soundtrack to my soul.
Neil Finn´s angel voice, Nick Seymours melodic bass and Paul Hesters beautiful background vocals and energetic drums.
This is indeed a sad sad sad day,,, Crap

I dont even know what to write :sad:

This truly breaks my heart

R.I.P Paul Hester

Geez...it's crazy...

Crowded House are icons down under....

...how does something like this happen....

I still cannot believe this very sad news, (I am not doubting it).

I cannot find anything on the (web) news wires. Okay it is Sunday and the Easter weekend.

Like Michael Hutchence, you believe these people have it all.

So very very sad.

I have no idea what to say....

Such a terrible waste.

Crowded House - a fantastic band. Great music and brilliant live.

I hope he has found peace.

:sad:

:| It's sad to see people going like this, celebrities or not.

I always heard the name Crowded house now and then, and knew Don't dream it's over and Weather but I got into them more about 2 or 3 years ago. Beautiful music, and a lovely voice.

Down Under said:
I still cannot believe this very sad news, (I am not doubting it).

I cannot find anything on the (web) news wires. Okay it is Sunday and the Easter weekend.

Like Michael Hutchence, you believe these people have it all.

So very very sad.

Sorry Down Under, I had another link last night to the Frenz forum ,where Neil Finns management, had commented but forgot to post it.

http://www.frenzforum.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=forum;f=7

Some of his comments have turned up in the article Yimou posted a link to

Thanks Beli

Now Monday morning (wiping the sleep out of my eyes) and the sad news is all over the news.

Appears he ended it in a park on Friday while walking his dog.

So sad, leaving a wife and two daughters.

RIP

RIP Paul.

The first album I ever fell in love with was Recurring Dream - The Very Best Of Crowded House at the age of 10. It came with a live bonus disk of many of the best live moments of CH.... some hillarious, hillirous moments from Paul. I've worn that CD completely down in the past 9 years and no longer plays, but somewhere in those 9 years Paul (as well as Nick, Neil & Tim) has entered my heart.

When I got that email yesterday, i just didnt know what to say or do. I still don't, it breaks my heart too much.

I was only ever able to see Paul play once, and one song at that. It was last november when he played the sessions with Neil & Tim. I said to my sister who came with me "This will be hillarious". And it was, with some hillarious banter and innuendo from Paulo - before the intro we were already crying, but now those tears come from another place.

Everything I hear in Crowded House now reminds me of him, and of this. I just have stuck in my head songs like Italian Plastic, Skin Feeling & World Where You Live.

I have however found some minor comfort in the last track on Woodface (How Will You Go/I'm Still Here), thats how I think Paul is probably looking down.

My favourite drummer, from my favourite band is dead... Paulo I loved you. You will be missed more than you ever know.

Oh my Lord, I hadn't heard anything about this. I can't believe it - i'm actually in a small state of shock.
This is such a tragic loss.

I hope, so greatly, that he is at peace.

Back
Top Bottom