MERGED ---> Reunited Pink Floyd @ Live 8 + Re-united Pink Floyd To Play Live8

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Eliv8

Refugee
Reunited Pink Floyd @ Live 8

U2, McCartney, Coldplay Top Live 8 Lineup

by Josh Grossberg
May 31, 2005, 10:00 AM PT

Bob Geldof is at it again.

Two decades after he masterminded Live Aid, the largest charity concert ever mounted, to fight famine in Africa, the 58-year-old singer-activist has announced an encore.

On Tuesday, Geldof unveiled a Live Aid sequel, dubbed Live 8, that aims to be bigger than the original and will feature a who's-who of the top music acts in the world, including Paul McCartney, U2, the Rolling Stones, Madonna and a reunited Pink Floyd, participating in a series of mega-concerts.

http://www.eonline.com/News/Items/0,1,16658,00.html?rsslatest

HA!

And if you believe that, I've got a bridge in downtown New York City that I've got for sale really cheap. :wink:

Trust me. It categorically, absolutely, 100% will not happen.

...as much as I'd like for it to...

DaveC said:
Trust me. It categorically, absolutely, 100% will not happen.

despite Nick Mason saying "If we did get back together, it would have to be a meaningful event, like another Live Aid" (not verbatim) recently...

I'd love the opportunity to see Pink Floyd with or without Roger Waters.

However, and I may be dreaming, but I could see this reunion happening now. Time has a way of healing old wounds, even for Pink Floyd.

Here's hoping...

blahblahblah said:

despite Nick Mason saying "If we did get back together, it would have to be a meaningful event, like another Live Aid" (not verbatim) recently...

Yes, despite Nick saying that, it WILL NOT happen.

Zero chance.

starsgoblue said:
:madspit: to Waters....I'm all bout Gilmour...

I like it best when everyone gets along, but if we're taking sides, I'm with Gilmour too.

I thought when they said a reunited Pink Floyd, that they meant with Roger and Syd. :huh:

Hahaha! Good point, saying Pigs WILL fly is just adding fuel to the fire! :huh:

Back
Top Bottom