MERGED ---> Reunited Pink Floyd @ Live 8 + Re-united Pink Floyd To Play Live8

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
DaveC said:
Now I've got egg on my face and I've never been happier to have it there. :D

:D

DaveC said:
Any speculation on what they'll play?

This is what I think they'll play rather than what I'd like them to. :wink:

Wish You Were Here
Comfortably Numb
Run Like Hell
Another Brick...possibly
Money
Time
Us and Them
One of These Days

[among others obviously...]

I'm hoping they'll get an hour and a bit on stage. Depends how long the actual concert goes on for. If they FOLLOW Coldplay, I'll be overjoyed! It's going to be great seeing the KINGS showing everyone how it's done! :D

As for Roger Waters...HOW?! I'm hoping that will all come clear either onstage via band/audience banter or in a documentary or something...

The need for a ticket for ANYTHING has never been so desperate. I can't take no for an answer and I've only texted twice!!! :huh:

Ah well, this should be a fantastic show! I wasn't that bothered about U2 on the bill to be honest since it's obviously going to be short and sweet and early on PLUS I'll have seen them three days before. Coldplay I'm seeing at Glastonbury. The rest are amazing and all make for a great mix...but when my friend said "Oi, Paddy! The Floyd are doing Live8" I couldn't believe it...

It's now the SOLE reason I intend to go to this concert! Along with Radiohead and U2 I basically owe and musical "talent" I may show to these guys thanks to the time I spent learning their stuff...

It's insane, I'm 16 and the Floyd are obviously [until now!!! :D] a legend of the past and I never would have thought in a million years they would have got back together! I did have an inkling when Live8 was announced though...who WOULDN'T?!

Last edited:
Unfortunately, the only possible way to get tickets to the London show is to live in the UK. :(

Let's figure out what they'll play.

We know they obviously won't play anything from Piper, AMLoR, or TDB. The non-Rog/non-Dave stuff won't have a chance. Obscure tracks (or anything pre-Dark Side for that matter) probably won't be around either. The Final Cut is probably not something any of them want to revisit. So that leaves DSotM, WYWH, Animals, and The Wall. Which is what would be expected.

So let's see what they could play:
DSotM: Well they could play the whole thing as their set, but it's unlikely. The only real things I can think of to be played at an event like Live 8 from Dark Side would be Us and Them, Brain Damage/Eclipse and Breathe. Time is all about death, Money is all about...well, money.
WYWH: Shine On is definitely out by virtue of its length and the fact that it's about Syd. Welcome to the Machine...ehh, it's possible, but not likely. Have A Cigar, definitely NOT. Wish You Were Here...about the only really possible (probable, in fact) song from WYWH.
Animals: PotW...nope. Dogs...nope. Pigs(3DO)...it's possible, if it's directed at the politicians at the G-8. Sheep...certainly not.
The Wall: It's a damn guarantee that they'll do something from The Wall, especially with Bob Geldof having organized all this. In The Flesh? would be hilarious. ABitW2 would be possible. Hey You is also possible too. Comfortably Numb is absolutely going to be in the set. The Show Must Go On would be another hilarious one. Other than that I can't see anything else from the Wall going on there.

I wonder how long they'll get to play? Maybe an hour or so?

Dave C, that sounds very close to what I would guess. They should play 'In The Flesh?' :rockon:

But let's see if your predictions come true this time. We'll have another hat ready nonetheless. :wink:

starsgoblue said:
Funny to see how quickly Dave has thrown himself on the wagon....:wink:

Haha! Are you kidding?! We need this wagon jam-packed!! All is forgiven, non-believers...!

They should just do 'Animals' start to finish :wink:

Money could be played...in some display or "irony"...:huh:

Last edited:
blahblahblah... I'm sooo jealous of you right now! :madspit:

Well, I do hope you get the ticket and then post lots of pics.

:wink:

Should be interesting.

It would make my day if they played Sorrow, if by some small chance they brought out A Momentary Lapse of Reason.

:faint:

DaveC, I'm terribly happy that you (and the rest of us) were wrong. I honestly thought there was absolutely zero chance of it ever happening! Need...DVD...

cujo said:
Should be interesting.

It would make my day if they played Sorrow, if by some small chance they brought out A Momentary Lapse of Reason.

I too would LOVE to hear Sorrow live...that's one that rarely gets a mention! :huh: but reading a small floyd book i've had with me everywhere for the last week, it's said to actually be written about Waters!! :ohmy:

Well, lets see....

so I opened the door to my enemies
I asked could we wipe the slate clean
but they tell me to please go fuck myself
you know you just can't win

umm.... NO. :wink:

Meddle might be my favorite Floyd album. One of These days is just fierce, and "Pillow of Wind" and "Fearless" and just gorgeous.

Lancemc said:
Meddle might be my favorite Floyd album. One of These days is just fierce, and "Pillow of Wind" and "Fearless" and just gorgeous.

About a month ago I was in my local Rock/Metal club....and suddenly 'One of these days' started!! Never had I heard Floyd in this club before!

I was up on the floor right away!!:rockon:

Aardvark747 said:
Do u think they'll play 'Lost For Words'?:wink:

Maybe "Poles Apart". :laugh:

No actually, one thing I think we can pretty much bank on is that Rog won't be willing to play any of the post-Roger stuff. But I gotta say that after this, it seems anything is possible.

Although a Take It Back-Coming Back to Life-Keep Talking sequence would be quite appropriate in that setting. Particularly Keep Talking.

High Hopes with Roger :drool:

Back
Top Bottom