MERGED-->Reminisce about 80's Nickelodeon kids shows here!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PopMartian33107

Acrobat
The "Pinwheel" Appreciation Thread

Hi. This is an appreciation thread for the children's puppet show Pinwheel, which ran from 1979-1989 on Nickelodeon in the USA. If you don't know what Pinwheel is, then you probably don't belong here.

My favorite characters were Plus and Minus.

Share your memories here!

80's Nickelodeon

I used to love Nickelodeon in the 80's, remember you cant do that on television, today's special, mr wizard and one that no one ever remembers ( and they look at me like im crazy) but I hope someone else remembers a show called " Turkey TV" on nick.

Pinwheel!!! wasn't that show on for, like, 5 hours everyday??

and also, does anyone remember the show that came on after it, with some sort of dancing manequinn in a store?

or what about the Dave Coulier show, with someone named Dizz? "Cut it out!"

or "Picture Pages" with Bill Cosby, and that AWESOME pen that squeaked?

:eyebrow:

am i the only one who remebers all this stupid stuff??

*Ally* said:
Pinwheel!!! wasn't that show on for, like, 5 hours everyday??

and also, does anyone remember the show that came on after it, with some sort of dancing manequinn in a store?

or what about the Dave Coulier show, with someone named Dizz? "Cut it out!"

or "Picture Pages" with Bill Cosby, and that AWESOME pen that squeaked?

:eyebrow:

am i the only one who remebers all this stupid stuff??

Nope, I remember all that stuff too :reject:

"Today's Special" - wasn't that the name of the dancing manequinn show, and it had a mouse (Muffy :scratch: ) that had to rhyme everything - I always found that mouse annoying :lol:

kellyahern said:

Nope, I remember all that stuff too :reject:

"Today's Special" - wasn't that the name of the dancing manequinn show, and it had a mouse (Muffy :scratch: ) that had to rhyme everything - I always found that mouse annoying :lol:

yes!!! today's special... OMG! :lmao:

god, i am revisiting my youth right now... i remember when i used to stay home from school sick, i'd watch 3 hours of pinwheel, and then the 'price is right'!

does anyone else remember the "sweet pickles" bus? :eyebrow:

It reminded me of the cable tv version of Sesame Street, a human/puppet variety show of sorts. There was even an Oscar the Grouch equivalent, some mean puppet by the name of Ebenezer, based loosely on Scrooge I presume. Some of the animated segments that went along with it would remind me today of the backdrop video show at Grateful Dead, Widespread Panic and Allman Brothers concerts. I wonder if the drug culture was involved?

~U2Alabama

OMG -- "Turkey TV"!!!!! Lots of little comedy clips, short skits & hilarious cartoons (they were German, weren't they?).
I LOVED that stuff!!! YCDTOTV: Moose, Lisa, Alistair, Kevin Ivanovich Rasputin Kubachesky (spelling???), Ross, etc etc etc. :up: :up: Saying "I don't know" and getting slimed, the daily specials at the diner - what was it called? - things like "Rat-Tat-Taily" (instead of ratatouille).

All I can say is that since I lived in a rural area that wouldn't see cable TV for another 5 years: Thank God for satellite television!! (And yes, my dad had the huge 15ft satellite dish planted in concrete in the backyard -- we were high-tech rednecks before such a definition even existed! :lmao: )

oh, i used to adore 'you can't do that on television"... :drool:

anyone remember "Double Dare"? oh man, i used to love that show...

btw, there's another thread about pretty much the same topic- "the pinwheel appreciation thread" :up:

ya, Kevin from YCDTOTV was on a few episodes of Turkey TV, i think it was canadian, but the turkey traveled all over the world. Remember the sketch " the uncle hogram program"?

Turkey Turkey Turkey Tv

*Ally* said:

yes!!! today's special... OMG! :lmao:

god, i am revisiting my youth right now... i remember when i used to stay home from school sick, i'd watch 3 hours of pinwheel, and then the 'price is right'!

does anyone else remember the "sweet pickles" bus? :eyebrow:

haha, yes sweet pickles, count duckula, danger mouse, remember the secerity gaurd from todays special, sam crenshaw

David the Gnome!! :( I miss that show so much. It was my very favourite (followed by Little Bits). I was really mad when they stopped showing it. :|

My other favourites were Clarissa Explains it All, Eureeka's Castle, Mapletown, Sharon, Lois & Bram's Elephant Show, Miya the Bee (does anyone else remember that? I can't find anything on it online), The Littles, etc.

(I was also tortured as a child by Nickelodeon's constant airings of Flipper, but I won't go into that.)

DeadMansParty said:

OMG - that website was a fantastic trip down ole' Memory Lane!
Thanks for finding & posting it, DMP. :up:

I always wondered why you never saw any reruns of You Can't Do That on TV. It's funny, though - I'm now 34, but if I learned they were re-airing that show, I'd sit in front of the tube watching it for hours!! :D

hahahahaha, I used to sit at my grandma's house and take over the TV den on sick days and watch everyshow, ycdtotv, david the gnome, double dare, pinwheel, mr wizard, all of that stuff.

bonosloveslave said:
Lordy :crack:

All I remember is the stupid theme song.....

PinWheel, PinWheel spinning around
Look through my PinWheel and see what I found

:banghead:

:lol: great now this will be stuck in my head.

My favorite shows on Nickelodeon growing up:

-You Can't Do That On Television
*barf burgers*

-Live Wire *this was a show that first introduced me to U2 live. :drool: Red Rocks:drool:

-Mr. Wizard

- Double Dare (I so wanted to be on that show so I could get the Reebok shoes :lmao: )

Last edited:
No one has mentioned the greatest of all time, Salute Your Shorts!

*salutes*

I also enjoyed The Adventures of Pete and Pete, which apparently already has or is coming out on DVD soon.

:up:

HeartlandGirl said:
No one has mentioned the greatest of all time, Salute Your Shorts!

*salutes*

I also enjoyed The Adventures of Pete and Pete, which apparently already has or is coming out on DVD soon.

:up:

Donkey lips

I love that on pete and pete, iggy pop plays that little girl's dad. they also had a fictional brand on that show, everything was always the creblat 3000 or something.

Back
Top Bottom