MERGED-->Reminisce about 80's Nickelodeon kids shows here!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mr. BAW said:
I'm beginning to have issues about my parenting techniques....seemed like DMP watched a lot of TV as a kid...:hmm: :)

thats cause you were never there for me man!!!!!!

haha, Im totally kidding

Duckula was awsome!! I mean c'mon a transporting castle? Can't beat that. Also was Voltron on Nick at some point or was that a different channel?

oh heck yes...duckula was the sweetest show ever, it even gave me nightmares since i was only five or six at the time. then they cancelled it and i would watch danger mouse.

high five to the person who named "today's special"! i'd been trying to think of the name for that for the last six years of my life.

and hey dude, salute your shorts, clarrisa, and pete and pete were some of the greatest shows ever made...

too bad nick started going downhill when double dare morphed into what would you do? damn you mark summers...and when nicktoons started replacing all the import animation shows...and when they stopped showing looney tunes (now no one does!)

My God! My younger brother & I LIVED for Looney Tunes (& let's not forget Merry Melodies, to be fair! :) ). We'd catch them in the mornings on TBS while getting ready for school & waiting for the bus, then we' d catch them in the afternoon - before any homework or chores, natch!

It's a shame what's been done to them.... any Looney Tunes you see these days have been so "PC'd" up that you'd hardly recognize them. Strange - for 30-50 years, they were OK to show in their original versions. It's only in the last 10-15 years that suddenly they have to be edited before they're broadcast to the general public. :hmm: Don't get me wrong - I don't agree with the stereotypes and outright racism of the era they were created in - but the truth of the matter is, these things weren't ever intended for children. They were to entertain ADULT movie-goers prior to the feature attraction - and nobody's being done a service if all the objectional bits are removed now. They should remain as a sort of time capsule that reflects what the general mood of the country was from the 30's into the late 50's. :rant:

Sorry :reject: And now back to our regularly scheduled reminiscing......

Last edited:
good call on merry melodies too...if you could catch a road runner coyote one your day was set! i guess one of these days i could go get the dvd...

and i downloaded an episode (no sax please, we're egyptian) of count duckula off of limewire. it is just as sweet as i remember!

Pete and Pete also had the immortal Adam West on the show as the evil principal, he was awesome

I do vaguely remember a big ear he fought with and had fake earwax sprayed on him??? weird stuff:huh:

Back
Top Bottom