MERGED --> Paris DUI + Paris is going to jail

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
elevated_u2_fan said:

sweet....sweet.....schadenfreude.... :drool:

Oh indeed.

But do they allow cameras in jail? I bet they do...at least for Paris. Money talks. It's not over, far from it. But still...schadenfreude indeed. :)

Her lawyer is going to appeal the decision, they think that the sentence is harsh and that she has only been given jail time because she's famous!

U2Fanatic4ever said:

what's 'schadenfreude? :reject: :confused:

german for 'pleasure taken from someone else's misfortune'

typical of corianderstem and the likes :tsk:

BEST. NEWS. EVER.
:hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :applaud: :applaud: :applaud: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

I just hope that she actually stays for her full 45 days. The last time they sent a celebrity there for 60 days, she was released 2 hours later for overcrowding reasons.

after looking at the available information concerning this

I think she will do no jail time

and really does not deserve any

Windmilllane said:
I smell a reality show.

"The Prison Life"

Birds of a feather flock together :wink:
imageLA20112111750.jpg

She'll be in a Glendale, CA court room this week for this:

Richie's 2005 black Mercedes-Benz sport utility vehicle was stopped in the car pool lane of State Highway 134 in Burbank.
Other motorists had placed 911 emergency calls around 12:30 a.m. (PST) about a car headed against traffic on the freeway, Workman said.
Descriptions of the vehicle matched Richie's. When officers arrived, they found her car facing the right direction.

:yikes:

Well, she may not be able to wear her hair extensions, blue contacts, and her 5 pounds of make-up she wears everyday. Not to mention, no fake tanning in prison. I'd say she will probably look more hideous than she usually does.

deep said:
after looking at the available information concerning this

I think she will do no jail time

and really does not deserve any

in 2006, this would probably be true but LASD has stopped the book and release procedure for non-violent short timers...but typically, 45 days actually means 15 with good time credit.

And I'm curious as to why you think she doesn't deserve to go to jail. She was pulled over 3 times after her DUI, given a warning about her suspended license the first time, signed a statement saying the was aware her license was suspended the second time and had that very statement in her car the 3rd time! She still hasn't enrolled in the required alcohol awareness class that every DUI violator is required to enroll in and tried to blame it all on her manager. Ignorance of the law is no excuse.

She is honestly being treated just like any other person who has violated probation..well, your average guy off the street would have been led out of the courtroom in handcuffs but for some reason, this judge gave her 30 days to turn herself in :shrug:

ultravioletluvv said:
Well, she may not be able to wear her hair extensions, blue contacts, and her 5 pounds of make-up she wears everyday. Not to mention, no fake tanning in prison. I'd say she will probably look more hideous than she usually does.

Without all that shit, she might actually look better, at least in my opinion! :wink:

Back
Top Bottom