MERGED --> Paris DUI + Paris is going to jail

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
AngelofHarlem01 said:
I have to say, I felt bad for her last night at the Movie Awards when Sara Silverman made that joke about her going to jail and everyone started cheering and then the camera panned to her reaction. I definitely think she deserves to do the time but I also think people should treat her like a person with feelings. You know everyone was applauding and cheering not because she was going to jail for her DUI and justice was served but because people are tired of her and won't have to hear about her for awhile. That's gotta hurt just a little bit, for anyone it would.

I missed the awards but you know with all the shite that people have said about Paris, she is someone with feelings and I do feel kinda bad for her. That was totally uncalled for in what Sarah said. Just wrong to humilate her like that..:huh:

MrsSpringsteen said:
She reported last night after going to the MTV Movie Awards. This is her booking photo.

9194804-front.jpg

LYNWOOD, Calif. (AP) - Many women at the Los Angeles County jail where Paris Hilton is expected to arrive any day are already angry at the socialite, a former inmate said.

Susannah Johnson, who was released Saturday after a one-day stay at the jail, said inmates were angry at Hilton, believing officials were making room for the starlet at the expense of other inmates already coping with crowded conditions in the 2,200-bed jail.

"The only advice I could give her when she comes is to shut her mouth and do the time," said Johnson, 35, of Claremont.

Hilton has been ordered to turn herself in by Tuesday to begin her sentence for violating probation in an alcohol-related reckless driving case.

Some 15 photographers, reporters and television crews staked out positions at three entrances to the Century Regional Detention Facility in Lynwood. Authorities had also cordoned off a grassy area outside the jail for members of the media.

"Today, Paris is the story," said Robert Penfold, a TV reporter with Australia's Nine Network.

As of Saturday night, however, the hotel heiress had yet to appear. By then, most of the media had packed up their folding chairs and tripods, though a handful of remaining reporters bundled up in the cooling temperatures.

Adrian Sanchez, a photographer with Agencia Efe, a Spanish language wire service, said he was "bored, hungry and cold."

The 13-year-old jail, five miles south of downtown Los Angeles, has been an all-female facility since March 2006. The two-story concrete building sits in an industrial neighborhood, beside train tracks and beneath a bustling freeway.

Though a judge sentenced her to 45 days behind bars, Hilton is expected to serve only 23 days because of a state law that requires shorter sentences for good behavior, sheriff's spokesman Steve Whitmore said.

Once she arrives, the "Simple Life" star will be housed in the jail's "special needs" unit.

Like other inmates in the special-needs area, Hilton will take her meals in her cell and will be allowed outside the 12-foot-by-8-foot space for at least an hour each day to shower, watch TV in the day room, participate in outdoor recreation or talk on the telephone.

Inmates are not allowed to bring cell phones into the jail.

Besides a decidedly unglamorous orange jumpsuit, inmates are issued a standard-issue kit that includes: a toothbrush, tube of toothpaste, soap, a comb, deodorant, shampoo and shaving implements, along with a jail-issued pencil, stationery, envelopes and stamps.

"That's Hot"

My greatest sadness is that Paris is finally in jail ... and yet still all over the media. She will never really go away.

:(

Wow. I'm not a Paris fan at all but that was kinda uncallled for. I don't know how I feel about a woman degrading another woman's sexuality like that, especially when she's sitting right there. Eh...not cool Sarah...

:lmao: TMZ posted the address of the jail, the visiting hours, complete with Miz Hilton's inmate number!!

:lmao:

I don't care much for the Hiltons; I find some of Sarah Silverman's humor to be just that--the rest of it is disgusting. What she dissed out last night on the awards was uncalled for and in excess. I kinda feel she owes Paris an apology!

corianderstem said:
My greatest sadness is that Paris is finally in jail ... and yet still all over the media. She will never really go away.

:(

she wont go away if you keep visiting paris hilton threads :wink:

and i really hope these trashy celeb mags/sites aren't considered the media

Chizip said:
and i really hope these trashy celeb mags/sites aren't considered the media

Oh, don't get me wrong. I love to hate Paris Hilton. :wink:

(And no, before anyone jumps all over me, I don't personally know her so can't really hate her. I use "hate" very loosely.)

But hey - Paris and other celebs in trouble are getting plenty of coverage on the cable news channels, so you can't just point a the tabloids/blogs. It's getting legitimate news coverage.

Which, for the record, isn't a good thing. I'm just sayin'.

TMZ has multiple inside sources who have painted a bleak picture of day # 2 in the slammer. In three words, "Paris is scared."

Paris has been crying on the phone, saying she's not sleeping or eating. Paris says her cell is "freezing cold." She has three little blankets and no pillow. She's using one of the blankets as a pillow. The room is bright and jail noise echoes through her space.

Sleep isn't the only problem. Paris says she has no appetite and has eaten almost nothing.

Inmates actually struck up a chant when Paris went back to her cell earlier today. As she walked by they struck up a chorus, "Paris! Paris! Paris!" We're told she smiled and waved. Some inmates have been coming up to her cell door, mostly to say hi. One inmate said, "You don't deserve to be here." Another made an origami butterfly from a magazine page and slipped it under her door. Another slipped a drawing book under her door. The guards, Paris says, have all been nice.

She's called her lawyer and family, but found it really hard to talk because there's a recording, "You have one minute left. This call is being recorded."

At least the other inmates and the guards are being nice to her. She'll just have to get used to the sleeping conditions - I think no pillow and constant noise are part of the whole jail experience.

Well, it IS jail. :shrug: I do feel a bit sorry for her, but it's her fault that she's in there. It sounds like it's actually going well, considering that, like I said, it IS jail. It's not like people are being mean or giving her a hard time. That origami butterfly thing is sweet.

It should be a humbling experience. If she synthesizes it correctly, it should make her a better person, IMO.

TMZ has learned that Paris Hilton has not only had her sentence cut short, she is already out of jail!

Unimpeachable sources tell TMZ the deal was sealed yesterday, and that Hilton made her exit early early this morning.

She was originally sentenced to 45 days in jail, but that was reduced to 23. She served a total of three days.

The L.A. County Sheriff's Department will hold a news conference in an hour to discuss what went down.

:eek:

Must have just been pure hell for her. Poor girl, 3 whole days spending time with only herself. That's not hot.

must have been the "roaming lesbian gangs" that got to her :shifty:

seriously, what the hell? It's three weeks in a room, how bad could it possibly have been?

I realize that she doesn't have the mental capacity to meditate or whatever but c'mon...

She had some sort of medical condition that they can't reveal for privacy reasons and she has to wear an ankle bracelet and be confined to her house for 40 days.

Maybe it's called "Withdrawal" from booze and/or drugs....or sex

Just so sad how famous people get what they want.

Back
Top Bottom