MERGED --> Paris DUI + Paris is going to jail

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bono's American Wife said:

in 2006, this would probably be true but LASD has stopped the book and release procedure for non-violent short timers...but typically, 45 days actually means 15 with good time credit.

And I'm curious as to why you think she doesn't deserve to go to jail. :shrug:

OK, the DUI that caused her license to be suspended was only a .08
could it have been a .07999?

You may recall .1 was the legal limit for many years.

Most people that get DUIs are at the .1 plus.

deep said:

Most people that get DUIs are at the .1 plus.

True. You have to wonder about her lawyer advising her to plead no contest instead of fighting it.

Bono's American Wife said:

True. You have to wonder about her lawyer advising her to plead no contest instead of fighting it.

Most lawyers would have fought a .8. Likely she was trying to avoid press when she pled. She actually could have won her original case.

I was talking to a dui attorney that pled his clients second offense just yesterday and that guy was given 45 days. That's for two dui's! In his opinion she was given an unusual sentence. Typically 10% of time given will be served.

tiny dancer said:
Might make her a better person. We shall see.

I hope it does. She lives a life of luxury and even if she only spends a couple of days in a prison cell, it should give her a reality check.

deep said:

Ah, the old "well it was legal once" rationalization........nice

Yeah. I can't wish that even on celebs I loathe.

I saw something this morning stating she'd be kept segregated from the rest of the inmates. That's probably a good thing. I'm just pleased she didn't weasel out of jail time. I don't wish violence on her.

... maybe a pie in the face at a movie premiere or something.

definitely gang rape. the rest of the stuff you mentioned is for non-celebs only.

I'm sure some people will complain that she should have to be with the other prisoners, but I'll argue that segregation is for her safety, not a luxury.

guess this is good news.. :huh:

She probably won't serve the full 45 days though. Michelle Rodriguez didn't when she had to do time in the same place.

:up: to the prosecutors and judge for not giving her special treatment.

here's a bit from TMZ.com

boohooo!!! poor Paris...:huh:

Paris to World -- I'm a Victim of Cruelty
Posted May 6th 2007 11:02AM by TMZ Staff
Filed under: Paris Hilton

Paris Hilton is not going down without a fight.

The day after she was sentenced to 45 days in the slammer for violating her probation by driving with a suspended license, Hilton walked outside her house and told a gaggle of camerapeople, "I told the truth yesterday. I feel that I was treated unfairly." Hilton called the sentence "both cruel and unwarranted" and added "I don't deserve this."

Last edited:
corianderstem said:
I'm sure some people will complain that she should have to be with the other prisoners, but I'll argue that segregation is for her safety, not a luxury.

that is exactly why she isn't with the general population... Jeez people, someone like that can't actually be put in the general population and survive.. There is no way this would actually ever happen to any celeb.

U2Fanatic4ever said:
guess this is good news.. :huh:

She probably won't serve the full 45 days though. Michelle Rodriguez didn't when she had to do time in the same place.

:up: to the prosecutors and judge for not giving her special treatment.

here's a bit from TMZ.com

boohooo!!! poor Paris...:huh:

Paris to World -- I'm a Victim of Cruelty
Posted May 6th 2007 11:02AM by TMZ Staff
Filed under: Paris Hilton

Paris Hilton is not going down without a fight.

The day after she was sentenced to 45 days in the slammer for violating her probation by driving with a suspended license, Hilton walked outside her house and told a gaggle of camerapeople, "I told the truth yesterday. I feel that I was treated unfairly." Hilton called the sentence "both cruel and unwarranted" and added "I don't deserve this."

:rolleyes: I have no sympathy for this girl. (I know this sounds bad...but I really have no sympathy for a whiny rich girl who's going to jail).

I don't think that joking about gang rape...especially drooling over the thought of it being taped...is appropriate at all. I have a sense of humor as good as the next person, but that is just wrong.

U2MaNaIcWeIdO said:
I'm not surpised she's going to jail....in fact I was like "Whatever :rolleyes: At least I won't hear what she's doing for the next 45 days"

Agreed. Unfortunately, once she gets out we'll hear even more about her than we do now. I'm sure she'll be on all the talk shows and God help us all, probably even write a book. Or I should say, have someone else write it and put her name on it.

U2Fanatic4ever said:
I bet big money that she doesn't do the whole 45 days. I doubt she will do 1 week there.. Michelle Rodriguez only lasted a few hours from what I read.:huh:

They said on the radio that after the Michelle Rodriguez thing, the law got changed so that things like that can't happen again. I have no proof of that though, like I said, I just heard it on the radio this morning. :shrug:

Bonochick said:

They said on the radio that after the Michelle Rodriguez thing, the law got changed so that things like that can't happen again. I have no proof of that though, like I said, I just heard it on the radio this morning. :shrug:

yeah that could be. Who knows but her lawyers will find a way to shorten her sentence or possibly find some loop hole. Like good behavior or something like that. I just remember reading about that on tmz.com the other day.

the latest installment in the Poor Paris Saga...:huh:

Paris' Jail Break
Posted May 8th 2007 7:00AM by TMZ Staff
Filed under: Celebrity Justice, Paris Hilton

Paris Hilton could break out of her 45-day jail sentence six days ahead of schedule -- but only if she's on her best behavior. In other words, she MUST serve 39 days minimum, and there's no way out earlier.

TMZ has learned that Hilton is eligible for a "Good Time/Work Time" credit, a federal mandate which offers a chance to leave the joint early -- for inmates sentenced to 11 days or more. According to the mandate, every four days that an inmate spends behind bars "in an acceptable manner" will count as six. So, as long as Paris doesn't smuggle in a BlackBerry or stab a fellow inmate with shank carved from a bar of soap -- she should be back at Hyde after just 39 orange jumpsuit-clad days!

Police sources tell us that the Hollywood hills resident will enjoy a 24-person POD for "special needs inmates," and she'll be bunking with a fellow convict. Finally, being a socialite comes in handy!

The judge has ordered that the celebutante is to receive "no alternative sentencing," which means no work furlough, no home detention, and no city jail programs. And you thought being an heiress was easy.

well if this is true then I stand corrected.. Guess we will have to wait and see how it pans out.

and it just goes on and on..... OY VEY MAMA!!:|

Paris to Gov. Ahnuld: Pardon Me, Please!
Posted May 8th 2007 6:55AM by TMZ Staff
Filed under: Let's Get This Party Started

Paris Hilton is begging the Governator to give her a break -- and is pleading with her fans to sign a petition asking for her pardon.

On her MySpace page this morning, she says her friend Joshua Capone started a petition, and asks that her fans "help and sihn [sic] it," adding, "I LOVE YOU ALL!!!" The petition takes the somewhat puzzling tack of pointing out that she's an heiress to the Hilton fortune, and that Paris "provides hope for young people all over the U.S. and the world."

Meanwhile, TMZ has confirmed that Paris met with her longtime rep Elliot Mintz, whom she fired over the weekend, and now Us Weekly is reporting that Mintz has been rehired by Hilton. Later yesterday, Paris was accompanied by Mintz to an event called, appropriately enough, Sober USA. An Us witness says though Paris "held it together" at the event, her eyes were tearing. (At right, the merry pranksters at www.prettyontheoutside.com have produced their own image of Paris in the clink.)

Back
Top Bottom