MERGED: New Springsteen album... + Bruce still has it

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
dammit, this cd is going to get so scratched up. stupid dual disc...stupid awesome wicked cool dual disc...

:heart:

Bono's shades said:
I finally listened to D&D tonight. I like it better than Tom Joad, but not as much as Nebraska. I think my favorite song might be Jesus Was An Only Son. Yeah, Bruce, go ahead and make me cry. :sad:

It would be very difficult to top Nebraska, which is an all-time classic. But it is better than Tom Joad, definitely. Joad tends to brood on (is brood a word?) a bit too much for my liking, whereas Devils mixes things up just enough. I like it.

I like it, I can't believe I haven't even watched the DVD yet

Bruce Springsteen's newest release, Devils & Dust — the stripped-down follow-up to 2002's September 11-inspired The Rising — will enter Billboard's albums chart at #1, with first-week sales of over 222,000, according to the latest SoundScan totals. The second straight Springsteen opus produced by Brendan O'Brien (Train, Pearl Jam) and the Boss' 13th studio LP, Devils & Dust soared past recent chart-toppers Mariah Carey and Matchbox Twenty's Rob Thomas, proving once again why New Jersey's favorite son is a bona fide rock legend. -- MTV NEWS REPORT

every time I listen to Black Cowboys I like it even more-the structure of it, the words

when I listen to All I'm Thinkin About Is You when I'm walking, it makes me want to skip down the street..I sorta did once when no one was around :reject:

I love Leah too

my fave tracks are still "Devils and Dust," "All I'm Thinking About is You," "Jesus Was an Only Son" and "Matamoras Banks"

Been that way since the leak. The whole album is great, though.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
starbucks has banned the cd from being played in it's store because bruce talks about giving it to a prostitute in the pooper durring "reno"

that makes me laugh

ha

No such restrictions in MY music store!! Tho right now....I cant take 'Hungry Heart' off the player!!:wink:

martha said:
I haven't watched the dvd yet either. :reject:

I like to listen better than watch. :shifty: :wink:

I finally just picked this up yesterday and watched the DVD last night. Damn, he looks good. :drool:

Can't wait for the show tonight. :hyper:

Bruce Springsteen - Reno
She took off her stockings, I held them to my face.
She had your ankles, I felt filled with grace.
"Two hundred dollars straight in,
Two-fifty up the ass," she smiled and said.
She unbuckled my belt, pulled back her hair,
And sat in front of me on the bed.
She said, "Honey how's that feel, do you want me to go slow?"
My eyes drifted out the window, down to the road below.

I felt my stomach tighten. The sun bloodied the sky
And sliced through the hotel blinds. I closed my eyes.
Sunlight on the Amatitlan, sunlight streaming thru your hair.
In the Valle de dos Rios, smell of mock orange filled the air.
We rode with the vaqueros, down into cool rivers of green.
I was sure the work and that smile coming out 'neath your hat
Was all I'd ever need.
Somehow all you ever need's, never really quite enough you know.
You and I, Maria, we learned it's so.

She slipped me out of her mouth, "You're ready," she said.
She took off her bra and panties, wet her finger, slipped it inside her,
And crawled over me on the bed.
She poured me another whisky,
Said, "Here's to the best you ever had."
We laughed and made a toast.
It wasn't the best I ever had,
Not even close.

I finally watched the DVD last night, it's so adorable when his kids sing on All I'm Thinkin About..

I listen to this CD every night when I go for a walk, and I'm still not tired of it. I guess it's slipped to five on the sales chart.

Back
Top Bottom