MERGED-->New Battlestar Galactica + the most politically...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

UberBeaver

Breakdancing Soul Pilgrim
Nerd Zone: The New Battlestar Galactica

I'm almost done w. season one and this show is awesome. It's kinda dark, not the typical 30 minutes and happy resolution TV nonsense. Anyone else diggin on this swine? I got season 2 ready to go, and season 3 starts in, I think, October.

Big fan here. We've had a couple of threads before on this, but as there are only a select few of us who apparently watch the show, they died a quick death.

Wait until you see the end of Season 2. You'll shit your pants.

Pants have been shit. I had an impromptu marathon last night. Watched the last 4 eps back to back. Went to bad way later than expected, but there was no way I could go to bed without finding out what happened.

Poor Boomer. She can spy on my species anytime! I think you know what I'm saying.

And it was never explained why Chief went all crazy on little Cally, was it?

Now I'm waiting for the webisodes. First one went up yesterday.

I watch shows like Lost and 24, but there isn't a show on TV right now that delivers more twists and turns that you'd never even consider than this show.

I just saw the first webisode. Damn, I cannot wait for Season 3 to start. Exactly one month away... :drool:

:ohmy:

The BSG thread's resurrected once again!
We've got more people Phanan lol.

I can't wait til October... so long, but so short now looking forward.

Has anyone seen the new trailers (of course...), and there's this interview from the SciFi convention (I'm not sure what the name of it was), and they were interviewing the stars. Even Olmos was there! And not via speakerphone too. :wink: (inside reference to one of the video clips from the official site of them going over their lines). It's a fairly long clip and it was in I believe 5 installments... can't seem to find the link right now, but I'll try looking later.

I did find this though on youtube: Old Battlestar Galactica bloopers on Robot Chicken

Man... it's getting really bad. You'd think that once the Cylons landed on New Caprica, they'd be merciful to the humans, as you'd think they would with the revelations of the Brothers Cavil (that maybe the purpose of the Cylons is not to destroy the humans but to make them see the ways).

Anyway that's not my point. As I was watching it, even after a year of landing on New Caprica and after 64+ days of Cylon occupation, nothing seems to have changed. Nothing's grown (and what's grown is considered a "small miracle" (the celery) by the occupants.) anywhere. The Cylons have delegated keeping humans in check by having the New Caprican police force... this doesn't even look good at all for the humans.

It reminds me a lot of V for Vendetta though, with the whole curfew and police presence.

Can't wait til next Tuesday though. And only 3 more weeks until season 3! :drool:

3 more days... can't wait.

And I hate newsprint media now... they never gave it any recognition (at least in my local papers) and now all of a sudden it's like "must see tv". Not that it's bad, but like in today's "Metro" newspaper, there's a summary of it, but there's no background to it... that unless you've actually seen the show, you wouldn't know who the hell Anders is.

But yes, going to watch the next webisode now. Woot!

Okay... I'm a SciFi channel junkie now... and I've decided to start watching BG :) (As if I needed another scifi show to watch :wink: )

I caught the "Story So Far" episode the other day and I'm definitely looking forward to dorking out every Friday :D

Tonight is the mother fraking night. DAYUM! SciFi is having a marathon right now. BSG rocks. So psyched. I have faith that they'll step it up again this season; unlike with Lost - a show I am losing faith in.

Wow, what a premiere.

This show is fascinating in so many ways, watching how it draws parallels to things happening in real-life here. It's not afraid to tackle serious issues and make you think long and hard about them.

Totally amazing.

:up:

Back
Top Bottom