MERGED-->New Battlestar Galactica + the most politically...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh, I just wanted to give a heads up for those who's watching the marathon. Apparently there's a commercial for Galactica that features a *major* spoiler (which according to the bf ruined the whole show for him). I've yet to see it, but I don't really want to if it does that.

:mad:

Sevikins said:
Oh, I just wanted to give a heads up for those who's watching the marathon. Apparently there's a commercial for Galactica that features a *major* spoiler (which according to the bf ruined the whole show for him). I've yet to see it, but I don't really want to if it does that.

:mad:

I watched the last 3 eps. Was the spoiler related to the upcoming season? Or was it related to one of the final eps and would spoil it for those that hadn't seen it? If it's for the upcoming, I might know what he's talking about, but it just made me more curious.

In his words, "whatever is coming up".

I'm not sure if I want to pry any further before he accidentally spoils it for me.

I think there are 3 commercials that show stuff that's supposed to come up. One relating to the episode that's coming up, I think that's the one you're referring to (is the one where it shows everyone alive which is a big enough spoiler as it is). The other two, I think was on today as well but I was too busy with fingers in my ears and singing incoherent sentences to notice.

Sevikins said:
In his words, "whatever is coming up".

I'm not sure if I want to pry any further before he accidentally spoils it for me.

I think there are 3 commercials that show stuff that's supposed to come up. One relating to the episode that's coming up, I think that's the one you're referring to (is the one where it shows everyone alive which is a big enough spoiler as it is). The other two, I think was on today as well but I was too busy with fingers in my ears and singing incoherent sentences to notice.

lol. I know the feeling.

I was referring to something announcer says, "One will....one will....one will...."

Sevikins said:
You mean you don't have your alarms set and the big red letters of BSG's glorious return written (underlined and circled of course) on your calendar?

:wink:

I hired a Scottish Pipe Band to come to my house and play the theme at 7:45 (they'll play for an hour) just to make sure I had more than enough time to get to the TV.

Eep, I just started watching the Miniseries.

And I'm going to rent the other seasons from Netflix to catch up.

BG is halfway through season 3 right?

Correct. Seasons 1 and 2 are brilliant, but season 2 does have some slow down here and there. Season 3 has been pretty good so far. Kinda of a twist on the story. Good stuff. Watch it in order.

If this show continues to deliver like this, I'll need to be boxed.

I thought this episode was dope (which means awesome, by the way.)

Maybe not the greatest ever, but a lot of good shit went down tonight. I think the second half of this season could be excellent.

Just saw the episode today... I thought it was pretty good, although there was some stuff I didn't see coming.

For one, how different Boomer's become... and bitter as well. Either that or she felt that she has nothing better to live for... even Hera couldn't accept her, I guess I wouldn't blame her for feeling horribly frustrated at life.

Second, I half expected Caprica to tag along as well... but now how will that go down? Her, and Baltar's on the Galactica now... will they both share a cell? Or will they put Caprica in Athena's old cell... or both for that matter. Who knows if Athena could be trusted after that?

Third... I can't believe they've boxed the 3s. And who's one of the final fives that D'Anna saw? (I think it was in one of the spoilers that ran.) Guess Lucy Lawless' contract's ran dry. Hope they find a way to bring her back, I really liked her acting. :(

Last edited:
Yeah, Lucy Lawless was great in this. I knew she was getting boxed due to rumours. If they ever need her I'm sure they can easily find a way to revive her.

The final five I can only think of Roslin, Starbuck, Baltar, Cottle? I dunno, but it's killing me. And someone is supposed to die as well.

I like the way the Sharon's are two distinct "people". Very different in almost every way, but still essentially the same. I think it's testament to some acting ability that you can tell Boomer from Athena just from facial expressions.

Hippy - I didn't see that coming either. When it happened it made perfect sense, of course. Saves some time and trouble for sure.

I was just able to watch it now. Great episode.

I'm curious to know what is ailing the little girl.

As for the final five, I don't know if all of them will be people we know, but it's obvious at least one of them will be.

And you know Lucy Lawless' character will be back. Seems to be a fairly simple procedure of just turning the switch back on.

Well, I can't read this whole thread if I want to remain unspoiled. But I've done it again ... gotten myself hooked on a show.

I just watched the pilot/miniseries. I was hoping I wouldn't like it so I wouldn't have to catch up on yet another TV show via DVD. But no, I loved it within the first five minutes.

Damn Netflix ... the first disc of season 1 is a "long wait"! :mad:

corianderstem said:
Well, I can't read this whole thread if I want to remain unspoiled. But I've done it again ... gotten myself hooked on a show.

I just watched the pilot/miniseries. I was hoping I wouldn't like it so I wouldn't have to catch up on yet another TV show via DVD. But no, I loved it within the first five minutes.

Damn Netflix ... the first disc of season 1 is a "long wait"! :mad:

thank god I got it in time.

I'm on Disc 3 of Season 1.

Starbuck just flew back to Galactica on the Cylon Raider.

That's when they lost me, the 1st half of season 2. Maybe I will go back and watch the whole thing on DVD. It just seemed repetitive to me, and a little too far fetched, even when I totally try to suspend all disbelief. I'll rewatch and see if I have a different perspective on season 2.

Back
Top Bottom