MERGED-->New Battlestar Galactica + the most politically...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think that was it... the radiation field made it impossible to jump all the way through it because it screwed with the navigation.

Okay, I have to say AGAIN how much Adama rocks... simply for his human kindness at the end of the show...

Oh yeah, and I loved the scene where Tigh and Adama were talking about the shortage and started laughing... :lol:

Just saw the episode today and while I didn't think that it was *so* bad, it was kind of... considering how they had CGI in this ep, and none in the last one, and yet the last one IMO was way better, even if it was just character development.

This episode seemed somewhat rushed, with too many things thrown at you with no answers given back, for instance, they throw out the idea of a food shortage due to contamination, but they didn't go into how it got contaminated and what they would've done to solve it... and not given us the whole weak plot of a planet which has sufficient algae to process into food (Soylent Green anyone? Lol).

To make it worse, they have the plot of food contamination which then is surpassed by a much worse subplot of going into "Kat's" history, and just using her history to make her death more glorified... and what was that BS with Adama implying that Kat is like his 3rd child? We *never* see her spend any time with him (if any), if anything, you'd consider Starbuck more. But of course, since she's being killed off, Adama has to make her feel somewhat better for dying right (and giving that posthumorous promotion of CAG)?

A waste of talent, Mary McDonnell, James Callis, and Tricia Helfer didn't even have that much airtime/lines. They were only there for such a short time. :mad:

If they were going to go off on such a tangent with Kat, the least they could've done was give the Cylon arc more of a presence. But that's just my opinion.

Can't blame Ron though, the guy's on vacation (good timing!).

It was Jane Espenon's first BSG ep as a writer (she wrote for Buffy :bow: )

As for the daughter angle, I think Adama sat with Kat not cause he felt she was his daughter, but to make her passing more comfortable. It only took a little of this time, and he's a good leader.

I, for one, am sad to see her go. I liked her character, even though I don't particularly like people like her. Does that make sense? The character was interesting. I really liked how she raised her arms in victory after returning, that seemed very appropriate for her character to do.

I'm glad they are leaving the Cylon plot sort of as a subplot. To make it an upfront plot would probably create too many questions and inconsistencies. I prefer as a secondary arc. I think in the long run it will make it better.

Food contamination: I kinda of hope they try to tie it in with the uprising from a previous episode. That would bring that loose end back, and show that they are still active as well as add to a possibility of a future storyline.

This show owns me.

I liked this episode. Kat was only a secondary character, but a very interesting one, and I loved how she and Starbuck always went after each other. In fact, I'm surprised they didn't fight each other in the last episode.

Can't wait for the mid-season finale next week.

What?!?!?!

I have to wait a month for more BSG? :sad:

Could they have left a few more cliffhangers? *sarcasm* Seriously...

I think that Chief is the chosen one... they're kind of setting him up for it. With his mystical religious childhood, and then him sensing the temple and all.

And I laughed at the "And we'll throw in Baltar, too. To sweeten the deal." :lol: Though it must SUCK to be Baltar and know that you're pretty much despised throughout the entire universe.

Anyway, not a very satisfying episode... but lots to look forward to :)

^I totally agree.
This mid-season finale has been more disappointing than the last two seasons' mid-finales.

They have way too many story arcs and they have successfully thrown them all in one collective confusing menagerie with no answers whatsoever in this episode.

There were also a lot of deleted scenes... hopefully they'll all be included in the DVD releases in the future.

Too many time fillers (Tyrol walking in the fields? C'mon! That could be cut out for much better scenes) and not enough substance.

Disappointing, and they wonder why their ratings are floundering.

I thought the episode was great. I like all the tension. I thought Chief was a Cylon for a bit there. Not the most exciting episode, but I thought the story was well done. Sharon finding out about her baby (though I felt the dialog by Helo was kinda weak), was a good setup too. Is she going to infiltrate the basestar to rescue the kid? It's turning into a nice little chess game.

How did the Cylons find the planet though?

hippy said:

Actually, I thought that they kept getting clues from the cylon that's the in goo (are they called cognitives? or is that minority report? lol) about finding the planet....

You mean the Hybrid. I think that somehow the Cylons knew the whereabouts of the Galactica and fleet all along (back to the Bulldog setup).

The story was good, but the thing is that they threw in too much without giving a lot of answers or time to actually let one absorb the story. They stuffed too much into an already shortened episode, which makes it all the more disappointing.

UberBeaver said:
I thought the episode was great. I like all the tension. I thought Chief was a Cylon for a bit there. Not the most exciting episode, but I thought the story was well done. Sharon finding out about her baby (though I felt the dialog by Helo was kinda weak), was a good setup too. Is she going to infiltrate the basestar to rescue the kid? It's turning into a nice little chess game.

How did the Cylons find the planet though?

I liked the episode as well. Not the biggest of cliffhangers, but it is only mid-season. I like the idea of all these storylines converging, because you know they'll be told out in numerous episodes in the second half that will keep the overall story moving forward nicely.

Unlike a show like, oh I don't know - LOST, which gives you tons of storylines and takes forever to resolve them.

And I agree about the Chief. I see something big happening to him.

I'm renting the Miniseries and 1st and 2nd seasons to catch up with those show.

I'm really excited to finally watch it, I'll probably get hooked. :hyper:

LemonMacPhisto said:
I'm renting the Miniseries and 1st and 2nd seasons to catch up with those show.

I'm really excited to finally watch it, I'll probably get hooked. :hyper:

You enjoying the best show on TV, or must we hunt you down and kill you for charges related to blasphemy?

I suppose it's alright with me... as I have nothing better to do on Sunday nights in the first place. What they should do as well, when moving the series to the new time slot, is to air the previous episode on Friday nights, so people who missed an episode can watch what they missed on Friday, and watch the new episode on Sunday.

Being cable deprived, it makes no difference to me, I'll still be watching the episode on Monday lol.

Back
Top Bottom