MERGED-->New Battlestar Galactica + the most politically...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Any of you aware that they are in the process of creating a prequel to BSG called Caprica? It covers how they began the Cylons...

It doesn't have the green light yet, but still, very interesting.

phanan said:
Any of you aware that they are in the process of creating a prequel to BSG called Caprica? It covers how they began the Cylons...

It doesn't have the green light yet, but still, very interesting.

I've heard about it and read a short blurb of it in the NYPost a few weeks ago. IIRC, it's about the Adamas against the Greystone family, back when Bill was still young. Looks interesting, they I believe will probably talk about the origins of Cylons as well and whatnot.

I hope that Ron Moore isn't going to start working on it until they finish Galactica (or if he's working on Caprica, to not put so much on that, and more on Galactica)... last thing we really need is the quality of the show/episodes declining because he wants to start another project. Not being harsh, just want him to keep everything from being rushed and getting the fans all riled up.

I read about that. At the moment I'm kinda meh about the whole thing. I would like to see what lead up to the Cylon rebellion, but maybe not a series on it. Well, we'll see. I was completly uninterested in BSG, and now I think it's pretty much the greatest show, maybe, ever?

Tonight, however, I have a dilemna. The Islanders are playing, and they've been playing well. If I don't watch, they might start playing badly, and then it'd be my fault for not watching. Ugh. Tough call.

Tonight's was kinda "meh". I still don't understand why they let him go, that didn't seem to make much sense. And Adama feeling that he started the war? i dunno.

I do like the Cylon side plot thing though.

And the next episode preview didn't do it for me. Fight Club Galactica?

Can't read any of your comments about the latest episode yet... I've yet to see it still :(

The bf sent me this link this morning and I thought you'd all like to know... maybe that's a reason why all the episodes are kinda blahhed:

Ronald D. Moore, the executive producer and imaginative genius behind the new “Battlestar Galactica” will take a scifi/horror classic and try to make it into something his own. Moore has decided to take on the monster made famous in the John W. Campbell scifi short story called “Who Goes There.” The story was adapted some 13 years later in 1951 into a scifi flick featuring James Arness (Gunsmoke’s Matt Dillon) as the monster from outer space. John Carpenter expanded on the idea in his 1982 film of “The Thing” starring Kurt Russell.

Variety reports that Moore will write the script based on Carpenter’s idea, but with some re-imaging of his own to be expanded more as a companion to Carpenters film, which, if you have seen how Moore has re-invented “Battlestar Galactica,” ought to prove to be an interesting 2-hr theatrical ride.

Link here

Okay, the brother just left and I finally had a chance to sit and watch BSG.

I was also not that impressed... after the intense storylines of last couple of weeks, I thought they kind of dropped the ball (and lost a lot of momentum). I don't really see how this advances the storyline at all... I'm hoping something in the next couple of weeks clues me in to why it was important that Bulldog was allowed to escape from the Cylons and that Adama's "mistake" was revealed. I certainly hope it serves for more than bringing Tigh back from the dead.

Though I must say, Adama's emotional delivery of the line "It only takes one" really got to me. Even with a less-than-stellar script, he still manages to make it meaningful.

And what happened to Bulldog at the end? Where was he going?

UberBeaver said:
And I think they let him go so that he'd kill Adama, but that's friggin silly.

Actually, that's kind of brilliant of the Cylons. Use the weaknesses of human anger and betrayal against themselves.

Somehow, the Cylons knew it was Adama's mistake and that Bulldog would find out eventually.

It would create dissent within the human population if they knew that the man they were following to Earth was possibly responsible for the deaths of their loved ones and homeworld.

Thankfully, that DIDN'T happen, but the possibility is still there.

This show gets better and better as it goes on.

Rafiennes said:

Actually, that's kind of brilliant of the Cylons. Use the weaknesses of human anger and betrayal against themselves.

Somehow, the Cylons knew it was Adama's mistake and that Bulldog would find out eventually.

It would create dissent within the human population if they knew that the man they were following to Earth was possibly responsible for the deaths of their loved ones and homeworld.

Thankfully, that DIDN'T happen, but the possibility is still there.

This show gets better and better as it goes on.

I think for all the peices to fall into place like that is a bit far fetched, no? There's a lot of variable in there. And if the cylons knew where the Galatica was, why not just for it themselves?

I finally watched the episode today, as I was busy Friday night.

I'd say it was a good, but not great, episode. I found the backstory intriguing, and if this can be used as a way for Adama and Tigh to reconcile, that works for me.

It did feel a bit disjointed at times - it's almost like they took a breather after the excellent run they had to open the season.

Just saw the episode today, but I think I've got to watch it again.

That was the guy who I was asking about a few weeks about. I hate when SciFi shows teasers that show things happening weeks later... why spoil it for us?

I think it was interesting how they talked about Adama's past, and how he fit into the whole story, and the whole guilt trip of his (hence his no leaving anyone behind motto) was interesting.

I definitely liked this episode better than last week's. At least this one had something going for it plot-wise.

Hopefully Tigh and Adama will make up after this. You see Tigh putting down the bottle for Adama, that even though he disliked Adama after New Caprica, he still found it in himself to shelve the demons and help out his best friend, despite the differences they are having. He also got rid of that ugly gauze patch and finally put on a real one. Could that mean that he's ready to leave his room? Hopefully so!

And I totally agree with the week after next's episode... fight club? Wtf? :huh:

Ooh... just hot off the SciFi Wire:

Battlestar Moves To Sundays

SCI FI Channel's award-winning series Battlestar Galactica will move to a new timeslot starting Jan. 21, 2007: Sundays at 10 p.m. ET/PT, following the premiere of the new original series The Dresden Files at 9 p.m.

Battlestar Galactica has been airing episodes of its current third season on Fridays at 9 p.m. ET/PT.

The current season picks up the story of the ragtag fleet of human survivors as they flee the Cylon menace. Executive-produced by Ronald D. Moore and David Eick, the series stars Edward James Olmos, Mary McDonnell, Jamie Bamber, Katee Sackhoff, James Callis, Tricia Helfer and Grace Park. —Patrick Lee, News Editor

Link Here

If you guys watch Heroes as well, the latest episode (9), in the beginning, there's a school kid who's wearing a Galactica t-shirt in the background.

How subtle was that for NBC to push Galactica through Heroes? :lol:

phanan said:
Having Heroes and BSG back-to-back would be an interesting idea for NBC, although as we discussed earlier, I'm not sure if doing that is in the best interests of BSG.

Probably still won't float. I was just thinking that BSG gets away with a lot of things due to it being on cable television, and if it was going to be placed on prime time slots, wouldn't they have to censor things? I mean, people'd raise hell if they saw some of the stuff that is shown on SciFi.

Oh BSG thread, why have you fallen to the second page?

Anyway, tonight's episode:

While I'm a complete sucker for a misery filled love story, I have to say that Adama stole this episode. I could feel every punch he received. And what an awesome leader... to know EXACTLY what would start to begin the healing between the people who stayed on Galactica and those on the planet during the invasion.

Okay, for those of you who watched last season... was all the stuff that happened between Lee/Kara there or is that something they didn't tell about what happened?

And I usually don't think about the editing of shows/movies too much, but I have to give major kudos to whoever did the editing for this show... I thought the cuts from flashbacks to "fight club" were perfect and not at all confusing (like flashbacks can sometimes be).

I had low expectations going into this episode, but they stepped it up. Excellent episode.

The scenes between Lee and Kara were spread out through the first 2 seasons, and maybe the mini-series as well. It was all older footage, yes.

I thought Adama and Roslin were gonna get freaky. That would've been sweet.

I also liked:

how Starbuck totally beat the shit out of Hotdog.
how good Cat looked.
How Starbuck fought dirty and starting using kickboxing moves.
how Chief thought the fight was a joke and totally ended up beating the shit out of Adama. Chief has a vicious temper and it's been coming out more and more.
how Anders is just fed up.
how I felt bad for Dualla.

This show is awesome.

Good episode, as usual just watched it today.

I thought it wasn't going to be a good episode but the flashbacks added so much to it and made it really worth it.

I can't believe how evil the Chief was though, but Adama also looked as if he wanted to be beaten to a pulp (as if he deserved it for all his past actions or whatnot).

We finally find out the reason for Starbuck/Apollo's fallout and I thought that Bill and Laura were going to get freaky as well-- who knows? Maybe they did but they just want to keep us guessing. ;)

I never liked Anders much though... but I do feel somewhat sorry for Dualla. Thing is though, I don't think they'll ever make Lee and Kara a couple though. It'd probably ruin the show if they did.

Can't wait til next week's ep. :sad:

I agree. I don't think they should get together. Maybe when they find a planet, but not now.

I also thought Adama was smoking weed at one point, but I guess it was just a cigar. Though he did seem rather mellow, right? giving people leave and whatnot. "Yeah chief, it's cool. You and, uh, heh, your wife can, like, live here, man. No sweat. Damn..... I'm hungry."

Lol!
Re Adama, I'd like to say how much I loved how they had him playing in the "sand"... I forgot what type of metal dust's name. I just though that was so cute of him. Even though he's supposed to be serious, he just enjoying himself in that one moment.

Last edited:
I just saw the episode tonight. I had recorded it but just didn't make the time to watch it, and I think it partially had to do with my expectations that the episode wouldn't be as good based on the previews (just like everyone else apparently), but wow, what a great show that was.

Loved the flashbacks - they do them so well on this show. And I agree - while this may have brought closure to this portion of the Apollo/Starbuck relationship, I don't think you'll see them together just yet. Their duty is their number one priority, as it is for everyone after that speech Adama made.

The scenes with Adama and Roslin fleshed out their relationship a bit more, but I wasn't expecting it to turn sexual, and I'm glad it didn't. There is a certain warmth to their relationship, like a smoldering fire that will take its time before really heating up. They are older and more seasoned, and the writers are doing an excellent job with them.

Two more episodes to go before the mid-season break, I believe. Man, has it been a blast.

Yes, a very cool angle. Cylon heaven? What's up with the other 5? Why does the freak in the pool know so much? Ugh. Very psyched for next week.

Also, why did they have to jump twice? I didn't get that. Did the radiation filed make one jump impossible for some reaon? I know they were talking about it, but I was only half listening.

Back
Top Bottom