MERGED-->New Battlestar Galactica + the most politically...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Regarding Tigh, I'm thinking he's gonna be messed up for a while, and might not return to active duty, at least in the immediate future, and the way he deals with the loss of Ellen and everything that went down on New Caprica makes for a great storyline.

And I know Anders was to protect Mia, but I think things changed once Adama showed up. I mean, all hell broke loose, and it got very confusing as to who was doing what. And I'm sure his determination to find Starbuck played into it.

It was a great twist involving the kids, though. I thought for sure that girl would end up being Starbuck's daughter, and how she would have to deal with that going forward. They really surprised me with that one.

And of course the Cylons have Hera, so I can't wait to see how that gets played out.

So many stories within the main story, so many complex characters, so many dark situations. It just sucks you in and never lets go...

On the way flight back from Boston, they showed a compilation of both seasons and I got hooked on it!
I have not seen a single episode and it is now on my TiVo's Season Pass!
Can wait to see the next episode. :nerd:

btw....

*Grace Park*
:drool:

5.jpg

My sib's been staying out late on fridays recently...so she calls me up to tell me so i can come over and watch Cable for BG. So sweet of:hug: her!

when I house-sat for her recently that's when i caught "the story so far" . Otherwise in the past I've seen mostly 1st season in dribs & drabs repeats at her place.

I missed LAST week's....and when

S
P
O
I
L
E
R
>
>
>
> this night's 'sode
sinse i hadn't seen late week's NOR had the time to read any on-line synopsis this PAST week......
...of course, at first i thought Baltar's dream was real.....until Laura "approached" him.
Then I figured SOMETHING had to be OFF!
SO he's in "toasterland" now.

WOW....what intense drama all around!

Baltar's cluessness because of his his self-agrandizement." oh, I should of said that first" comment after ? #6 left.

The "circle [jury] of justice". :ohmy: They don't say "war is Hell" for nothing.
War the "gift" that keeps on giving. :yuck: I'm not a complete pacifist, but you gotta be pretty damn sure..........[speaking about here on Earth]

and when the [sorry, i don't know all the character's names yet] that guy who finally stood up & left ... saying he was done fighting that war.

Starbuck [as trauma victim] first not geing able to be kissed, then later wanting to claw her REAL husband's eyes out for "looking at" her. And finally some begining healing for her as she was able to hug & kiss him at the end.

Attacking & dragging <sp>Gaetta nearly to his execution....until ? "Chief" caught the comments about the dog bowl. {I saw all of that stuff previously.

I see you mentioned stuff about the babies. Couldn't quite figure that out. But that's OK. I'll be on-line later this week and catch up. :D

ANd yes the Truth & Reconcilation approach.....see where that takes them or some.

Reminds me of the years of watching Babylon Five, :happy: and reading the Message Boards on it! {not here}

Last edited:
UberBeaver said:
This show continues to deliver. Best line, Adama: "Keep jumping."

:lol: Lee looked crushed when he said that...

I had company on Friday and I just got around to watching this week's episode. Holy shit.

This show continues to amaze me with the topicality of the story lines... vigilante justice (though secretly government sanctioned)... secrets kept... trauma survivors (Starbuck)...

And Baltar was crying again! He's the weepiest man on television. EVER.

whew, I need to go watch something comical after that...

I finally got to see the episode today finally!
Really good but is it me or is it that the episodes look even shorter, that or there are too many damned commercials?

Good ep. Love that tubby Lee's going to finally get himself into shape.

I don't know if they're short, but they do go fast. It never seems like an hour. I don't think the commercials are excessive either, unlike Lost which is friggin near 50/50 show to commercial. I'd imagine BSG would have a lot of commerncials, being expensive to make, but it doesn't bother me if that's the case, never even noticed.

I remember in the podcast for Exodus pt. 2, Ron Moore was talking about how making BSG breaks the bank with all the graphics and CGI.

With a popular show like BSG though, wouldn't it be okay to assume that SciFi/Universal would allot it a bigger budget? Just wondering.

But maybe Beav, as you said, they do go fast... or maybe we're just so riveted to our seats that we don't even notice until it's over. :(

skjuls said:
My sister got me watching and I love it.

She is planning on going to the convention next year. She went the first year and said it was cool.

:ohmy: I hope that she's going to take lots of pics!
I always wanted to go to those but they're in California IIRC.

Sevikins said:

:ohmy: I hope that she's going to take lots of pics!
I always wanted to go to those but they're in California IIRC.

Yeah, she will. She said next year it'll be Halloween weekend.

She got the package where the stars stopped by each table and chatted with everyone. Pretty cool!

UberBeaver said:
I don't know if they're short, but they do go fast. It never seems like an hour. I don't think the commercials are excessive either, unlike Lost which is friggin near 50/50 show to commercial. I'd imagine BSG would have a lot of commerncials, being expensive to make, but it doesn't bother me if that's the case, never even noticed.

Also, sometimes it depends on how long the intro goes. If it's relatively long, the rest of the show will obviously be shorter, and that may be why it comes across that way at times.

Last week's episode had quite a long intro.

And yes, Lost is the king of shows with lengthy commercials.

SERIOUSLY.

My mind is blown yet again.

Okay, possible SPOILER for those that haven't seen the episode yet....

who thinks Baltar is a Cylon?!?!?!

And Lee is hot again... that is good :D Guess maybe all that jumping paid off ;)

And is the Colonel going to kill himself or will he get it together?

Why isn't it next Friday already? :hyper:

The scene at the end with Adama approaching Starbuck and Tigh was chilling.

As for Baltar being a cylon, since he went aboard the ship that was affected by the disease, we shall see if he gets any symptoms from it. If he does, then he'd be a cylon, right?

I've been wondering if he's a cylon. How did he survive the nuclear blast in the mini series? Why didn't Six know he was alive?

He may not get sick cause he was in the space suit. Hopefully that holds true for Boomer/Sharon/Athena.

Okay, I finally got to watch the episode today, FINALLY!

Really really good episode, it ties with Exodus Pt II right now with best S.3 eps. so far.

I've got a few questions though. I don't think Baltar is a cylon... it just doesn't strike me. There's a possibility, but I doubt it.

It was really interesting how they explained Cylon projection and the "hybrids", I thought that it was something else until Baltar saw it. It really makes you go :ohmy: at their technological advances... melding machine with flesh, so to speak, so that the ship is itself a person in its own sense...

What makes me wonder though, is what that thing is, the thing that Baltar saw-- the "beacon" that was supposedly left by the 13th tribe. In any case, my question would be, if the 13th tribe was before the Cylon wars, then how would they have known that the device would've been harmful to the hybrids? Was it foresight? Or was it something else (perhaps in the scriptures as they were religious).

The bf and I were having a very interesting chat after that... kudos to Sci-Fi for giving us so much food for thought... now I'm going to be thinking about this for the next day or so! :drool:

And Tigh? I sure hope he can recover... won't be a while though. Poor thing. I can see him staging a coup somewhere down the road... since he doesn't give a damn about the fleet, or life for that matter, anymore.

Sevikins said:

What makes me wonder though, is what that thing is, the thing that Baltar saw-- the "beacon" that was supposedly left by the 13th tribe. In any case, my question would be, if the 13th tribe was before the Cylon wars, then how would they have known that the device would've been harmful to the hybrids? Was it foresight? Or was it something else (perhaps in the scriptures as they were religious).

Great point! I was kind of thinking about that too... so did the members of the 13th colony leave it there for anyone who might come along? Would it be lethal to humans as well?

hippy said:

Great point! I was kind of thinking about that too... so did the members of the 13th colony leave it there for anyone who might come along? Would it be lethal to humans as well?

More precisely, how would they know that it's going to affect the hybrids. Unless someone or something told them that.

They mentioned the other 5 models, but Six talks about them as if they're tabooed creatures, much like the untouchables in the Indian caste system. If that's so, maybe they're involved with the 13th tribe? Perhaps that's how they knew to create such a beacon?

Just a thought.

Sevikins said:

More precisely, how would they know that it's going to affect the hybrids. Unless someone or something told them that.

They mentioned the other 5 models, but Six talks about them as if they're tabooed creatures, much like the untouchables in the Indian caste system. If that's so, maybe they're involved with the 13th tribe? Perhaps that's how they knew to create such a beacon?

Just a thought.

You almost got the sense that the other five Cylon models might have been the first generation of hybrids, and perhaps they weren't created the same? Maybe during their creation, something went awry? Very interesting to think of the possibilities.

And was it just me, or did the beacon on the ship look very similiar to the nuke from last season?

I do have one bone to pick about, though. Lee got in shape very quickly, didn't he? :lol:

Back
Top Bottom