MERGED-->New Battlestar Galactica + the most politically...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Sci-Fi channel annouced officially that the series would be renewed for a 22 episode 4th season on February 13, 2007. The 4th season premiere is currently scheduled for January 2008, production starting up in May. Along with the renewal of the fourth season Sci-Fi channel and the excutive producers of Battlestar Galactica announced that they are also working on a straigt to DVD movie related to the Battlestar Universe. The Battlestar Galactica (DVD movie) is set to be released in the fall of 2007.[3]

That's from Wikipedia.

Nice. Something to look forward to before next season. I wonder when it takes place, and what it is about. Certainly it can't be anything between now and Season 4, as I'm assuming they'll want the new season to pick right up where we just left off.

This show really is the best thing on tv. Gripping, compelling, exciting, realistic, insightful, political, heartfelt, etc... just a phenomenal show and the finale reaffirmed all that.

I loved how the trial ended, personally. Riveting speech from Lee, and I love how he and Baltar's lawyer set Baltar straight afterwards.

They kind of gave away the Cylons in the teaser for this episode, which was kind of disappointing. It'll be interesting to see where our new Cylons go next season, though. Who knows, maybe even the start of a revolt from within the Cylons. First Sharon, now 6 appears ready to turn to save Hera, and I think Tigh would rather off himself than accept his Cylon life. ;)

I'm still a little miffed about Starbuck's return, though. I hope she doesn't turn into a messiah figure, who shows up every now and then to point the way. Hopefully they flesh out what actually happened to her.

It's going to be a loooong 10 months. But the BSG writers have left themselves with a TON of new paths to explore, so it's no doubt going to be an extremely interesting start to season 4.

I love this fracking show. :D

UberBeaver said:
Related to the Battlestar Universe, it says. I dunno. Maybe it will be the Cylon perspective of things? What happened to Starbuck?

It could be a prelude to the Caprica series, maybe it'll be about the Pegasus between the Cylon attack and meeting with the fleet?

who knows? :shrug:

Sevikins said:
Wow. Just wow.
This totally makes the wait for Season 4 justified.

I've no idea what to say, the ending just left me speechless... so good.

High Five, Sevs!

I don't know I was so surprised to see Kara, but I was. This show beats me senseless with it's goodness.

UberBeaver said:

High Five, Sevs!

I don't know I was so surprised to see Kara, but I was. This show beats me senseless with it's goodness.

:hi5:
I wonder how they'll explain how Kara pulls a Jesus on the fleet, and when you hear Lee talking to her, why doesn't the CIC hear it as well (compared to when the CIC heard the whole conversation b/t Lee & Kara about the Raider)?

And Phanan-- the music, YES! When they were reciting the lyrics I was like... wait a sec, that sounds familiar lol. Even though it was originally by Bob Dylan, U2 popped into the head first. :wink: I can't wait until the soundtrack comes out though. As usual, Bear doesn't disappoint.

Sevikins said:

:hi5:
I wonder how they'll explain how Kara pulls a Jesus on the fleet, and when you hear Lee talking to her, why doesn't the CIC hear it as well (compared to when the CIC heard the whole conversation b/t Lee & Kara about the Raider)?

Well, I think it was more of a pause for dramatic effect. I imagine that the CIC did hear, but the episode needed to end with a bit of mystery - is that really Starbuck back from the dead? Is Lee under too much stress? etc.

At least I hope. I'm going to be pissed if this is all in Lee's head. :lol:

I've been a fan of this show since day one and it gladdens my heart to see so many BSG fans here on this forum. Usually I take my scifi cravings to the Spacebattles forum so I didn't notice there were so many here as well.

OK - how's this for a theory:

Lee is the Cylon - Starbuck just exists in his head the way Baltar is in 6s head. Remember when Leoben says "Adama is a Cylon"? Lee is an Adama, maybe he meant him. :drool:

This does not explain why a 6 lives in Baltar's head, of course, but....whatever. Bill Adama has his wife in his head, maybe that's just a narrative device? Hmmmm.

phanan said:

I have to disagree here on a couple of points.

The trial story arc was already intertwined with the mysterious music in the last episode, so of course that was going to continue here. I like how the trial ended and that it showed how Baltar might be even more vulnerable than ever, and what his future may hold. And the trial itself was very well done - you can't get much better dialogue than the part with Lee Adama on the stand.

As for the music, yes, it seemed a bit strange at first that the song was All Along The Watchtower, but in the end, it worked because the music in this version was absolutely riveting with what was going on. If anything, if they had used the original version, it would have been real cheesy then. In this case, how the music blended in with the scenes added even more drama to what was going on, especially at the end.

Maybe you're right about the song, but I thought the whole subplot of them hearing the music was stretched. I absolutely loved the speech by Lee. Not only was it historically accurate and an important exploration of human nature, but it also resonated very well with the major theme of the season: the politics of collaboration.

I loved everything to do with the trial; I just wished we had more of it and Romo Lamkin. What I objected to was the rushed feel of all the scenes with Laura Roslin, especially the subplot with she, Sharon and Caprica 6 all having the same vision. I thought the episode felt choppy.

UberBeaver said:
So Starbuck - Cylon? Or Something else all together? Same for the others - are they really Cylons, or do they really just dig Bob Dylan?

Poor Ceelix.

I felt really bad for Seelix, too. She seemed to have something going with Anders. That was kinda cool. While I liked Tory's different energy with the president after Billy died, I haven't liked her much this season. She's kind of a bitch and a yes-woman for the pres. Then again, I guess that's what Karl Rove does, too.

Still, I'm not thrilled with her being a cylon, as I find her boring. Then again, this show has always surprised me.

FOR ALL YOU WONDERING ABOUT STUFF IN THE FINALE, HERE ARE A COUPLE OF VERY GOOD INTERVIEWS WITH HEAD WRITER RON MOORE DISCUSSING IT.

http://www.pittsburgpostgazette.com/pg/07085/770732-352.stm

http://www.tvweek.com/article.cms?articleId=31699

Enjoy.

Last edited:
LemonMacPhisto said:
Isn't their going to be a direct to DVD Galactica movie before Season 4 is released?

:hmm:

*covers eyes from Season 3 talk*

It's all in the above interview links. It will air on TV in the fall as a 2-hour movie and then be on sale the next week on DVD. If you don't want to know what it's roughly going to be about at all, don't read the link, but it's only vaguely mentioned in one sentence.

Diemen said:

Well, I think it was more of a pause for dramatic effect. I imagine that the CIC did hear, but the episode needed to end with a bit of mystery - is that really Starbuck back from the dead? Is Lee under too much stress? etc.

At least I hope. I'm going to be pissed if this is all in Lee's head. :lol:

I'm going to be pissed if it's also Starbuck about to tell Lee that he's really dead, just like the false Leoben appeared to Starbuck. I knew a major death was going to happen sometime this season, as Ron Moore said it would, but I heard rumors Starbuck might not be dead and I partly suspected something like that. As relieved as was at the thought she was still alive, I was terrified that as Starbuck came back, someone would kill Baltar and that THAT would be the major death. I love Starbuck, but I'll choose Baltar over anyone else every time!

Muad'zin said:
I've been a fan of this show since day one and it gladdens my heart to see so many BSG fans here on this forum. Usually I take my scifi cravings to the Spacebattles forum so I didn't notice there were so many here as well.

I got to hand it to you, for taking an interest in this show so early. I was sceptical since most sci fi doesn't float my boat, but a friend heavily recommended it and I've liked Ron Moore's work before and jumped in before Season 2 aired in Canada, and, boy, am I glad. Season 1 is EVEN BETTER when rewatched. As much as I love the current season, Season 1 blows it out of the water in terms of subtlety and little moments and cohesiveness.

Muldfeld said:

It's all in the above interview links. It will air on TV in the fall as a 2-hour movie and then be on sale the next week on DVD. If you don't want to know what it's roughly going to be about at all, don't read the link, but it's only vaguely mentioned in one sentence.

Interesting that the DVD is mainly going to be two extra episodes that precede the fourth season. That's good to know.

The long wait begins...

I didn't make these but someone on the scifi forum did: http://www.thescifiworld.net/smilies_galactica.htm

Galactica smilies!
Now go check them.
adamaanime003.gif

Just wanted to let folks know Sci Fi Channel is airing a marathon of Season 3 from May 16th to 18th from 8 am Eastern to 4pm.

Also, Canada's Space is reairing the show from the beginning every Sunday at 9pm and again at 3 am. They're about to start Season 1.

Also the Season 3 DVD due out in August is going to contain the webisodes that tell the story of the occupation expanded to a full episode.

Ok

I have never watched this

and I keep hearing how good it is

I really like si-fi

it looks like my cable will not be rebroadcasting anything but season 3

so I guess I will rent season one

4 hours for 4 dollars

I guess if I like it

it may be better to buy the seasons one and two on disc?

Start with the mini-series (is that what you mean by 4 hours?) and really sets up everything else. Maybe you can pick the seasons up on ebay, then worse comes to worst, you just resell it if it you don't like it.

I think you'll enjoy it. I'm not a huge sci fi fan really, but BSG is a brilliant show, really transcends genres.

UberBeaver said:
Start with the mini-series (is that what you mean by 4 hours?)

season one is on several disc

a few episodes at a time

it may be cheaper to buy used

than to rent all of season one and two

You need to start with the mini-series as Beav alluded to. It's on it's own DVD set. Season One then goes from there.

I remember when I first saw the mini-series. I wasn't entirely sold on the show. But once the first season began, I was hooked. It gets better as you go.

deep said:
Ok

I have never watched this

and I keep hearing how good it is

I really like si-fi

it looks like my cable will not be rebroadcasting anything but season 3

so I guess I will rent season one

4 hours for 4 dollars

I guess if I like it

it may be better to buy the seasons one and two on disc?

Yeah, it's cheaper than renting. The miniseries is just over 3 hours and it's on Disc 1. Regarding Seasons 2.0 and 2.5, they are being sold for a limited time at a special combined price so you won't get ripped off like the rest of us.

http://www.amazon.com/Battlestar-Ga...1-8968647?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1178944566&sr=1-4

Back
Top Bottom