MERGED-->Napoleon Dynamite

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

u2popmofo

Blue Meth Addict
Napoleon Dynamite

I finally caught this movie today (after wanting to see it since it was released to select theaters, I could never get any of my buddies to make an hour or 2 trip to just see a movie). I imagined it would be funny, but I really had my expectations exceeded. It was QUITE humorous and quite entertaining. I really recommend you all go checkify it out and let me know what you think!!!

If you know nothing about the movie, check this stuff out then:

Napoleon Dynamite is a quirky teenager growing up in the remotes of Idaho with a love for dancing and the way of the ninja who's really just trying to understand his life while living with his Uncle Rico, whose shady business deals are just some of the things that make Napoleon's social life in small-town Idaho all the more difficult.

http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hv&cf=info&id=1808529347
http://www2.foxsearchlight.com/napoleondynamite/

napoleon.jpg

Post warning:
I admit that every and anything I said here is most likely biased because I know the actor who played Napoleon on a personal basis...

Last edited:
Weird. I know a guy who knows that guy.

Anyway, the guy I know also says it's very funny, but I suppose he's biased too.

we may travel 30 miles to see it...well 60 miles there and back

that is if it doesnt come to our local theater

has anyone seen " SAVED" ?
that looked really good...

but they didnt play it here so I didnt get the "CHEcKIFY " it out.
( im gonna use that word) try to be super hip
im also gonna not eat today to try and be thin but that a whole nother thread....( oh WTF...i probably will eat! damnit..) ive got no guts!

hwo about AMERICAN SPLENDOR on DVD....see it..its very honest and maybe reminds me a bit of this napoleon dynamite

I saw it last night. I don't think I even chuckled once and we left before it was over. I guess it's the kind of humor you have to be in the mood for. I will go so far as to say it was one of the most unfunny movies I have ever seen! :shrug:

joyfulgirl said:
I saw it last night. I don't think I even chuckled once and we left before it was over. I guess it's the kind of humor you have to be in the mood for. I will go so far as to say it was one of the most unfunny movies I have ever seen! :shrug:

I have awful taste :(

I dont blame you for feeling that way, I thought I'd think the same thing before I saw it. I figured it would be the kind of movie you either loved or hated. How was the rest of the theater responding? People were virtually rolling in the aisles in the showing I went to. Then again, it's kind of a 'local' movie though (director & main star both went to school here), so I imagine the audiences would differ a little that way.

joyfulgirl said:

My opinion wasn't too far off from yours, joyful!

I did chuckle a few times though...but I am glad I saw it during a matinee, AND I was glad a friend decided not to go with me (she would have HATED it - and I would have been bitched out).

If it is any consolation, I did think of Mofo during the film, knowing what part of the country it was filmed in. :wink::up:

kennerado said:
When I first saw a picture of that guy the look reminded me of a young Adam Clayton.

One of the reasons i liked it more than i should've. :reject:

My humor is on the low side, and i love movies like this, so im gonna have to say i loved it. :up:

P.S. Im a sad lonely person :tsk:

The guy on the poster posted (haha) reminded me of the pic of mofo fighting the velocoraptor. Or whatever it was.

I like non blockbuster movies. Which is good seeing as I live in one of the largest backwaters on the planet.
:up:

Angela Harlem said:
The guy on the poster posted (haha) reminded me of the pic of mofo fighting the velocoraptor. Or whatever it was.

Now picture he and I in a snow covered Tokyo, quoting lines from our favorite Saturday Night Live sketches and movies. Good times, good times. :up:

I saw the movie last week with a few friends, and I hafta say I enjoyed it quite a bit. It's got a certain bizarre charm and it's even kinda touching at times. One of those movies that makes you laugh in between cringing. If nothing else it's original and different, but it's more than that. Plus the last ten minutes rock.

"GOSH!"

:)

Every time I see this thread, I have to think of Elvis Costello. He used this alias for a while (around the Blood & Chocolate album).

I finally saw this last night--the movie itself was ok, but the character of Napoleon is just fucking hysterical.

:up:

Mofo and I saw this about a month ago. We went to a really late night showing of it, so there weren't many people there, but everyone was cracking up. I was laughing so much--I loved it. :up:

This movie was quite awful. A few funny parts here and there but it was a predominately disappointing film for me.

DR MUSK? AWFUL?

I know ya meant AWFULLY FUNNY!

; )

I loved it man. my whole family does.....its a wholesome film

i didnt think wed ever see that little girl from andre again.
way to go to bring actors out of obscurity
uncle rico's use of polyester leisure wear is HOT

Last edited:
Definately one of the funniest movies I've seen in a long time. You have to have a . . . um . . . special sense of humor to enjoy it, but it's definately worth watching. :up: :up:

i think most ppl loved it.
u like it or hate it.

u get the humor and appreciate or u don't.
its that simple.

db9

Back
Top Bottom