MERGED ----> Modest Mouse - We Were Dead Before The Ship Even Sank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

coemgen

Rock n' Roll Doggie
New Modest Mouse!!!

Rolling Stone said "Dashboard" has been "leaked," and they have a link to a copy of it. The band also put it up on its myspace. (So did I.)

Give it a couple spins before you judge. I think it's funky cool.

Thank you for the heads up! :up:

EDIT: Had a listen. It's somewhat of a continuation of the sound on Good News. Cool little bass line. I think I'm going to have to give it a few more listens though.

Last edited:
Check out www.myspace.com/modestmouse

It looks like Rolling Stone took down their link.

As far as the release date, The Oots, I can't find one yet. Sometime early this year is what I'm finding. It was supposed to be released Dec. 19, but got pushed back.

Wow, I like it. A lot. Sounds better than most of Good News to me. But hell, Johnny Marr can only make things better for any band. :wink:

Lancemc said:
Wow, new Modest Mouse AND Arcade Fire within two weeks of each other!!! :combust:

Two sure-to-be-great albums released within two weeks of each other? I think I'm probably going to go into sensory meltdown. :(

Lancemc said:
Wow, new Modest Mouse AND Arcade Fire within two weeks of each other!!! :combust:

Why are they releasing these albums in March, though? Everyone knows an album should be held over until at least November to be released so as to take advantage of holiday sales.

Pffff.....amateurs:wink:

coemgen said:
now March 20.

Add this to Arcade Fire and a Bright Eyes EP on March 6, a Bright Eyes album in early April, and the new Wilco record coming out sometime around there.

2007 is going to be disgustingly good to me. Rumored new albums from both the White Stripes and Raconteurs. The Shins, Spoon, Explosions in the Sky, Do Make Say Think, Air, Interpol, and Feist putting out new ones. Maybe a new Ryan Adams project. Hopefully LP7.

I'm loving the horizon right now.

inmyplace13 said:

Add this to Arcade Fire and a Bright Eyes EP on March 6, a Bright Eyes album in early April, and the new Wilco record coming out sometime around there.

2007 is going to be disgustingly good to me. Rumored new albums from both the White Stripes and Raconteurs. The Shins, Spoon, Explosions in the Sky, Do Make Say Think, Air, Interpol, and Feist putting out new ones. Maybe a new Ryan Adams project. Hopefully LP7.

I'm loving the horizon right now.

I think I need a clean pair of shorts.

I'm on Fly Trapped in a Jar and I'm enjoying the album thus far. :up:

Edit: Little Motel is beautiful.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom