MERGED--> Lost Season 4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh yeah, best thing to start with on the website is on the tab "The Story So Far". Watch all 5 chapters, then start rooting around Sam's desk.

This was so good tonight..I was a nervous wreck!

so a few questions I have...

1) all the other "Others" are not dead...where are they?

2) When Hurley sees Charlie and he says I am dead, but I am here....sorry I did not get that...It is just Hurley's imagination, right?

U2Fanatic4ever said:
and what the hell is cedric doing on LOST???

I literally yelled "Chief Daniels!" when he popped up. I hope Laz is right, and that he appears in more episodes, trying to piece together what happened.

That was a pretty fucking great start to the season, so glad it's back.

corianderstem said:
I have to say, all the reactions to tonight's episode are finally making me somewhat interested in watching the show.

Just so I can know what everyone is all excited about!

You might have to do a little background reading but all in all you could start watching and know about the same as we know about The Island".
But don't skip the next few episodes, or you probably should not bother. :wink:

I thought it was the best Lost premiere to date. I especially liked that they focussed on one of the "lesser" characters and didn't focus on Hurley's weight. It was exciting and not at all slow-paced. I actually got viscerally mad at Jack for the way he treated Locke, but I guess it was pretty realistic, given the circumstances. This bodes well for the season.

My only real complaint is that ABC.com was dishonest in saying the premiere was 2 hours and starting at 8pm Eastern, when half of that was a clip show. What a waste of my time!

Ok I know this should go in the tech section but this does deal with LOST. Xbox live owners will be able to download the latest Lost EP. on their 360 in HD and there will be extra video clues exclusive to Xbox 360 Live Members.

http://tv.ign.com/articles/848/848999p1.html
ABC, Disney and MGM on Xbox LIVE
Lost, Bond among titles to be available for download.
by IGN Staff

January 31, 2008 - Beginning as soon as this coming month, Xbox LIVE members will be able to download TV episodes and films from ABC, The Disney Channel and MGM.

New episodes of the ABC series Lost will be available for download in high definition within 24 hours of airing on television. Fans will also be able to catch up on past episodes and find more hidden clues via their Xbox 360. Ugly Betty will also be among the ABC series available. Furthermore, Disney Channel productions such as Hannah Montana, High School Musical, High School Musical 2 and The Suite Life of Zack and Cody will become available for download.

And beginning the week of February 18, classic film titles from MGM's library will also become available for download. Some of the titles will include Mr. Brooks, The Usual Suspects, Saw IV, the Rocky series, and films from James Bond series.

Titles from Warner Bros., Lionsgate, New Line and Paramount will also be added, with many of the films to be available in high-def. Warners titles include Michael Clayton and The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford, Paramount will offer Stardust, while New Line will offer King of Kong: Fistful of Quarters. Lionsgate titles include 3:10 to Yuma and Saw IV.

Loved the episode. This show does such a great job of keeping me off balance. I can't wait to find out how everything turns out.

Damn the writers' strike for giving us only 8 episodes.

Dude! Sweet episode. :rockon:

I haven't finished processing it all. I may have to watch it again before next week to catch the little things I might have missed.

This season is gonna be so awesome! :drool:

What I saw of the commercial showed flight attendants advertising the golden ticket with interference from some guy saying something about these people are lying and showing an Oceanic plane at the bottom of the ocean.

That was a great episode, made me more upset that there will only be eight.

He actually says something like "can't trust these people", I found it on You Tube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMcoOas8uoM

Last edited:
MrsSpringsteen said:
What I saw of the commercial showed flight attendants advertising the golden ticket with interference from some guy saying something about these people are lying and showing an Oceanic plane at the bottom of the ocean.

He actually says something like "can't trust these people", I found it on You Tube

The guy who cuts in is Sam, who is the center of the Find815.com website. He was a former employee who publicly spoke out against the company and was fired. Now he is searching for the plane with some mysterious crew.

Cool that they're linking all of this together. I wonder if he will appear on the actual show at some point.

Also, here's a still frame from Hurley's vision in the police interrogation room that many may have missed:

http://bp3.blogger.com/_RrObyQ3XzcY/R6KjO8BEz7I/AAAAAAAASgI/kXHYc_lQtKk/s1600-h/theyneedyou.jpg

For some reason that image won't appear when I use IMG, but the link works.

Cool.

WildHoneyAlways said:
Did anyone catch the Oceanic commercial during the next show?? I was flipping around and only caught the last moment of it.

yeah that was a trip.. I was wtf? this is gonna be one hell of a season even though it's only 8 friggin episodes.. :mad:

No spoken words said:

I literally yelled "Chief Daniels!" when he popped up. I hope Laz is right, and that he appears in more episodes, trying to piece together what happened.

That was a pretty fucking great start to the season, so glad it's back.

hahaha! :lol:

Both me and my hubby in unison said" woah what is Cedric doin on here!" I hope he is there too for more episodes.. He's a great actor with such a presence and intensity... Especially in his eyes..

MrsSpringsteen said:

Sweet! Thanks for the link.

I fear that I could spend hours on the find185 site. :uhoh:

EdgeIsTooSexy said:
so uh was anyone else sort of disappointed?

Stylistically, yes.

Mythologically, no.

Emotionally, no.

Structurally, yes.

It felt very, very, very much like an episode of a standard TV show, which I found bothersome--it's not an aesthetic of which I'm particularly fond, or even tolerant. Also, it didn't really feel like a premiere, which is what I guess I'm trying and failing to get at by saying that I was a bit let down, structurally. Shit was really entertaining and fairly sprightly, at least by Lost standards, but it felt very much like a mid-season episode.

Nothing wrong with that, in my book, since it seemed more like a good mid-season episode than standard Lost fare (ie, entirely unwatchable). I was pleased, but surprised. Quite small-scale, as far as these things go.

Also, knowing absolutely nothing at all, going in, I was surprised to see that we led things off with a Hurley-centered story, rather than a Jack-centered one. Very interesting...well, not really, I guess. Mostly, I was just kinda taken aback, especially with things starting off with Jack in his house/apartment.

Supposedly next week's episode is one of the most hardcore to date, so don't get too comfortable.

I'll agree it wasn't as intense as I was expecting. More creepy than anything else, which is a cool tone to begin with.

DID U GUYS C THAT SCREEN SHOT OF "JACOB"!

It's Jack's Dad! (WTF)

I'm trying to find the pic now...hold on...

*********Found it:
Cap08.jpg

OrARoundabout said:
DID U GUYS C THAT SCREEN SHOT OF "JACOB"!

It's Jack's Dad! (WTF)

I'm trying to find the pic now...hold on...

*********Found it:
Cap08.jpg

On another board, they had a screen cap from the season 1 episode where Jack sees his dead father on the island. He's wearing the same suit and tie as the guy in the chair. We don't know if he is Jacob, or is just hanging out with Jacob. There were 2 "people" in the cabin, Jack's dad and the one who looked out the window.

great premiere in my opinion!!

how fucked up was when Jack took a shot at Locke right after he said "you're not gonna shoot me Jack, anymore than I was gonna shoot" a lot of tense moments

EdgeIsTooSexy said:
so uh was anyone else sort of disappointed?

I can't say I was disappointed, but I was sort of underwhelmed. It felt like this episode was setting up for future greatness.

That said, any Lost is amazing, IMO. So glad to have it back.

sindaddy said:

On another board, they had a screen cap from the season 1 episode where Jack sees his dead father on the island. He's wearing the same suit and tie as the guy in the chair. We don't know if he is Jacob, or is just hanging out with Jacob. There were 2 "people" in the cabin, Jack's dad and the one who looked out the window.

Damn these writers love to mess with us...really...WTF is going on...

WHO THE HELL IS THIS GUY?:
800px-JacobEye4x01-wide.jpg

Doesn't seem all too familiar

Back
Top Bottom