MERGED ---> Kylie diagnosed with Breast Cancer + Wishing poor Kylie a speedy recovery

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aardvark747

Blue Crack Addict
Kylie diagnosed with Breast Cancer....

She has cancelled all upcoming gigs, and will start treatment immediantly apparently.

I'm not a huge fan of her music, but of course I wish her a full and speedy recovery.

:up:

I just heard this on the news. Kinda of a shock as shes about my age. Scary actually.

According to the news Kylies heading home to Melbourne for treatment. I believe thats where her family live. I also wish her a speedy and full recovery.

It is sad news and I wish her a full and speedy recovery.
However, the way it has been reported on the TV news (first news item too), you would think she is the only girl with this awful disease.

lol. Me too. I'm reading "Farewell, My Ovaries" at the moment. It's a fabulous, light, silly read. It had me hooked from the opening scene set at a wedding. :drool:

:wink:

Last edited:
Kylie Minogue was my first musical "obsession" - at the tender age of 9.

I'm no longer a fan, however like all those who are struck with this terrible illness, I hope she makes a full recovery.

I also hope the media goes easy on it (but of course, I doubt that).

If the media coverage helps to urge people to pay attention to this disease I think it's brilliant.

I hope she has a speedy recovery.

Wishing poor Kylie Minogue a speedy recovery from cancer

:ohmy:Okay, so now I feel REALLY guilty about my 'Kylie retirement' thread. I turned the news on at 6am, to find that the poor woman has been diagnosed with breast cancer. She has to cancel the homecoming leg of her tour because she will be having treatment.:sad:

It's horrible news. I'm not be a Kylie fan these days, to say the least... I would never wish her any harm though, of course. I'm sure that no decent person would, regardless of what they may or may not think of her music. Seeing someone with a serious illness makes you realise that petty squabbles mean nothing and aren't important. :reject:

Having been reminded of this, I want to just wish her all the best.

I adored Kylie when I was a kid - she was one of my idols for about two years. She has worked damn hard to get where she is and overcome a lot of prejudice to become an icon of the 1980's in Europe. Aussies (including my fiance) may take the piss out of her, but in general it seems to be affectionate.

What else can I say really. Not much, other than I genuinely hope that she recovers from her cancer and has a happy and successful future ahead of her.

Re: Wishing poor Kylie Minogue a speedy recovery from cancer

sallycinnamon78 said:
:ohmy:Okay, so now I feel REALLY guilty about my 'Kylie retirement' thread.

When I heard the news, my first thought was that it's all your fault. :angry:

:wink:

Re: Wishing poor Kylie Minogue a speedy recovery from cancer

sallycinnamon78 said:
Having been reminded of this, I want to just wish her all the best.

when i wished for her to stop making music, this isn't what i had in mind. :no:

cancer sucks. :angry:

Last edited:
I read on some teletext site it was discovered early :up: at a routine medical check-up.

Wishing quick recovery here too...

I saw the news on the front page of my local paper&was so shocked :sad: :sad:

I love Kylie too and hope she's going to be better VERY soon!

Get well soon Kylie! :love:

yertle-the-turtle said:
I like Kylie, unlike a lot of people here
and I do wish her a speedy recovery

She's not my cup of tea... but that makes no difference whatsoever. I wish her nothing but the very best and, like evryone else, hope she will soon be back with us and healthy again.

DrTeeth said:

COULDN'T AGREE MORE!! Well said.

As it has been caught in the earlier stages, hopefully she will pull through - whatever else Kylie may or may not be, she's certainly not someone who gives up easiy. She has the strength to come back fighting and I'm sure she will. :up:

Last edited:
Like Yertle, I'm a bit of a Kylie fan and quite enjoy some of her songs. I hope she recovers quickly. Good thoughts and prayers to her.

Back
Top Bottom