MERGED-->Johnny Cash dies at 71...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
rip johnny.

was listening to some of his stuff today. ring of fire was so cool with the horns. don't take your guns to town so folksie. it ain't me babe so dylan hippie. the man in black could do anything.

Amen to that

"God speed Mr. Cash. No one will ever fill your shoes. " Screaming Flower

When I heard the news about JC, I remembered the scene from the movie "Ali" where Bundini Brown, Ali's cornerman, is telling him why he fell into drugs and alcohol when Ali was suspended from boxing.

"(Being) Free ain't easy. Free is real ... and real is a m****rf**ker. It eats raw meat. It walk in it's own shoes. And it don't ever waver."

Johnny Cash never wavered.

The Man In Black

I shall never forget listening to The Rambler in 1977. My brother played that 8 track many times. I grew up knowing about Johnny Cash. I cannot remember a time when I didn't know of Johnny Cash. He broke down all the boundaries and reached a countless number of people, and peoples. The man who 'shared the stage' with Billy Graham, The President of the United States, prisoners, and of course, U2.

I shall never forget Johnny Cash.

MacMango

Oh my gosh...

I've been out of town for a week and haven't been online or watching news or anything...this is a complete shock to me...wow...

:sad:

R.I.P.

Back
Top Bottom