MERGED ----> Jack Nicholson or Robert De Niro?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Who do you prefer?

• Jack Nicholson

Votes: 14 53.8%
  • Robert DeNiro

Votes: 12 46.2%

• Total voters
A lot of the time it just feels like DeNiro is just reciting his lines and looking tough. Not a whole lot of acting going on...especially in his mid-career roles.

De Niro's acting is more understated and subtle and are hard to pick out of the movie. You can't show Nicholson's best scenes vs. De Niro's because Nicholson has so many more "Memorable" scenes but it can be argued DeNiro has better "overall performances" in movies.

I think a Pacino/DeNiro and Hoffman/Nicholson debate is better suited, because I really cannot compare DeNiro to Nicholson. It's impossible.

You can argue that DeNiro has cashed out on some of his recent movies while Nicholson doesn't, but plays himself. So that's a draw.

Last edited:
Lancemc said:
A lot of the time it just feels like DeNiro is just reciting his lines and looking tough. Not a whole lot of acting going on...especially in his mid-career roles.

zing!

deniro is decent.

nicholson is a genius.

Jack is Jack

[/thread]

PS: I've always had in the same spot in my mind De Niro, Hoffman and Pacino.... they're like the same to me... I recognize their diferences, but they even kinda look alike... I don't know why I think of them like that...

All i know is that in Meet the Fockers I was really glad of them working together

Back
Top Bottom