MERGED ----> Ivan The Terrible + Hey, Florida, you may have already won another...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
Ivan The Terrible

So weather forecasters are saying that Ivan the new hurricane might make a direct hit on Tampa. :crazy: I think I might just feel myself losing my mind. I don't know what to do anymore - the stress on our state is immense. People are still w/o power from Franny, and lives are still deplaced from Charley. :sad: :sad:

I just talked to a friend in Key West who is bracing for it as well. It is really unbelievable, these 3 storms. :sad: :hug:

Where I live we have only to live with the daily threat of nukular annihilation. :crazy:

Hey Florida, you may have already won...another F**KIN' HURRICANE!!!

This is starting to get old. One...I could handle...two...okay.busy year, but three? We still have over two months to go before the season's over. There is an overwhelming stench of paranoia in the state now, and if you want gas for your car, you probably have to wait an hour...IF they have gas. I think all the other Floridians can agree, these are trying times, mentally and emotionally. I have never thought so much about getting the hell out of here for good......*sigh*

Sorry.had to vent.

Fuck off Ivan!!!!!!!!!

Well at this point, Florida is questionable so hopefully it may swing just east.

Jamaica, on the other hand is fucked, and Grenada is a total mess. Cayman Islands and Cuba are next. I hope they pull out of this okay!

Well, somewhat good news for Floridians:

The center of the projected storm track would make landfall in the very west Panhandle or on the border of Alabama and Mississippi. The only part of main Florida that's on the track is the very northwest, ie there is still a slight chance it will hit Tampa, but that'd be a major swing to the right.

I think Florida is probably safe.

Alabama, on the other hand, is fucked. :(

BostonAnne said:
Ivan - swing east, swing east....

Swing WEST, swing west! Swinging east would make it smack into Florida's west coast... It's going to majorly suck for whereever it smacks into though.

It looks like right now it is staying west, which is a good thing. Just got back from my parents' in Naples in SW Florida, I sat through Frances, which fortunately we just got the fringes of it where I was. Parents were lucky with Charley too, it struck 50 miles north, hopefully this luck will continue.

I am scheduled to fly in to Jamaica in 2 weeks, so I'm sitting here waiting for damage assessments to come in. I'm glad the eye did not hit them, and best of luck to the Cubans. I hope their beautiful country pulls through okay as well.

Looks like the Panhandle better get ready:

strm9_strike_720x486.jpg

I think this might intensify up to a Category 5 by the time it strikes...the Gulf has some pretty warm waters that are basically Hurricane Steroids.

Godspeed to the Caymans today.

Thank God...we actually had a weekend here in the Tampa area...unfortunately, that means others will be getting this beast in a couple of days...

I'm heading north of Mobile. All those who are so inclined we here in Mobile, Al accept you prayers. See ya when the wind dies down and we can make our way back home. Packing up the computer and putting it in the closet hall way.
Later

Back
Top Bottom