MERGED-->Holy crap Dimebag Darrel is dead....+ RIP Pantera

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This isnt adding up:

1. Dimebag Darrell
2. Pat Lachman
3. Nathan Bray - audience member
4. Erin Halk - audience member
5. bouncer / band manager
6. Gunman

hmmmm.

Oh my god--that is so awful. I haven't seen any news yet today, so this is the first time I've heard about this.

:(

I just saw this on tv. What a horrible thing. Dimebag was one of the best guitar players of his generation!!!! The man rocked, he was (in my opinion) the best thing about Pantera and the one I liked to listen to the most. I'm pissed. This is a fucking shame!!! My best wishes for his family!

R.I.P. Dimebag! :(

Dimebag used to rip up the guitar. he was excellent.

wonder if the hit man was set up by phil anselmo...

Lemonboy said:

Please don't say that...it ain't funny at all....if it were to be true it would be even more sickening...:(

Yeah that ain't funny, I agree. But as much of an asshole Phill is I'm sure he's going to speak up and say how sorry he is Dimebag died and I'm sure he's going to mean it. :up:

something that is quite suitable for the Dimebag - Phil Situation..

"
Be careful what you do.
Be careful what you say.
'Cause you can't take it back on my dying day. "

This is weird and scary. I know other singers, Jim Morrison, Mick Jagger, even Bono, have had threats and scares and feared being shot onstage (Mick's fear prompted the "Gimme Shelter" incident) It's hard to believe it happened, or maybe harder to believe it hadn't happened before:( But I don't blame 'right to own guns.' Look, the kind of freak who does something like this coudd never get by a background check, those people either steal them or buy them on the black market. This can happen anywhere. Lemonboy didn't you say there was a driveby in your town, even though guns are illegal? You can't stop the bad guys, they find a way:sad:

I'm not familiar with Pantera's music, but this is one of the most awful stories I've heard in a year filled with them.

My heart so goes out to the families of Dimebag and the others who were killed. And how horrible that the drummer saw his brother murdered in front of him!

Another tragedy on a day which already had a huge tragedy 24 years earlier...:sad:

I certainly am not making light of the situation. Sorry to offend anyone.

"I can't believe the news today. I can't close my eyes and make it go away !"

U2Kitten said:
This is weird and scary. I know other singers, Jim Morrison, Mick Jagger, even Bono, have had threats and scares and feared being shot onstage (Mick's fear prompted the "Gimme Shelter" incident) It's hard to believe it happened, or maybe harder to believe it hadn't happened before:( But I don't blame 'right to own guns.' Look, the kind of freak who does something like this coudd never get by a background check, those people either steal them or buy them on the black market. This can happen anywhere. Lemonboy didn't you say there was a driveby in your town, even though guns are illegal? You can't stop the bad guys, they find a way:sad:

I don't see the connection between someone being shot onstage and a drive-by shooting....:eyebrow:

You can't stop the bad guys? So are we just gonna roll over and let them take control?.... :tsk:

It's quite funny the way americans say that they are opposed to firearms and violence....but still are very quick to point out that it has nothing to do with the fact the it is a constitutional right to own firearms.... :tsk:

Ok, keep giving away free rifles when you open a bank account....

Maybe you guys should start handing out guns in school so the children who don't have a gun willhave a chance to defend themselves.....

:mad:

UnforgettableLemon said:
Maybe some people just want to reflect and mourn.

That's exactly what I am trying to do...I have lost one of my heroes....:(

But the GC-bit comes from reflection....I now this is not the right forum for it....But this is not a normal day.... :|

starsgoblue said:
I live in Columbus...the fact that there are sick, twisted people like this in my backyard...

Regardless of where I live, this is awful. What a senseless tragedy....:sad:

my girlfriend just moved to columbus 3 weeks ago
she calls it Upper Arlington
mapquest has her 4 miles from this site.

it is sad.

one person with a gun can ruin many lives.

Last edited:
Pantera was a wonderful band if you are in the mood for "Loud aggressive music". very, very talented musicians.

Lemonboy, can we keep the America bashing out of this?:wink:

Back
Top Bottom