MERGED--> Heath Ledger Found Dead?!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
oh god...

I think I've just seen 10 thing I hate about you... nothing else of him... maybe 10 minutes of Brokeback mountain...

GOD... I'm really shocked...

I don't know... is just... I'll say it like I see it

just watching the trailers... THE TRAILERS of The Dark Knight... I was in AWE of him... of the performance... the laughter, the claps, the voice... everything... this guy turned me around just through THE TRAILERS.... just by seeing the trailers I was planning on going like 5 times to se TDK... just based on the trailers, I was giving him the OSCAR, JUST BASED ON THE TRAILERS!!!!....

THAT is a performer... THAT is an actor... THAT is an artist....

GOD DAMN...

RIP Heath Ledger

:(

as someone wrote before, his Joker was bound to be legendary... now it is

Oh. My. God.

I just found out about this from Dlisted.

I remember when he and Michelle Williams were living in Brooklyn. They seemed like one of the truly happy couples in show business. And then they had their darling little girl. I was so sad to hear that they'd broken up.

Poor little Mathilda. My heart goes out to her, Michelle and all of Heath's family, friends and fans.

It's a few hours since finding out and posting my initial reaction in here. I'm still kind of in shock and, I have to admit, still pretty fucking shaken up about it. Whatever I am feeling is not at all relevant and 1,000,000 times less than whatever his loved ones are going through (I cannot even wrap my brain around someone telling his poor daughter), but, I feel how I feel. It's legitimately shaken me up and I'm not 100% sure why. I've been thinking about it all night. I see threads in here all the time about celebrity troubles, even deaths, and I usually do not even bat an eyelash. I work in the sports TV business and meet current and former athletes all the time and I usually just do not care, it's part of the job. I guess I just admired his work, especially in Brokeback, and hate to see such a promising career cut so severely and needlessly short. He's just an actor, you know, I don't know the guy.....but to me, our playwrights and authors and musicians and directors and actors are vital.....those 300 pages you read or the 2 hours you sit in the theater or the lyrics and sounds that move you, you need them. They take you away or they hold up a mirror and you can glean and feel so much. And he was a part of all that.

I don't even know what the fuck I'm talking about. I'm just really upset. Sorry.

Last edited:
I think that sums it up well. :up:

There are actors, and then there are those actors. I think people understand that.

From what it sounds like, he was one of those actors.

That was lovely NSW... I feel the same way in regard to most of your points...

I heard people talking when I got to school in bits and pieces. I gathered a celebrity had died, so I asked who had died and when the response came back as Heath Ledger I went a little cold... :slant:

His little daughter was the very next thought to cross my mind.

(in response to NSW's post)

:hug:

His death has definitely shaken up my day. I watched some of the news (Larry King - 1st half hour), and some other news/entertainment shows this evening. I'm still stunned. I sense it was accidental, but none-the-less, still feel quite saddened by his passing.

:sad:

No spoken words said:
It's a few hours since finding out and posting my initial reaction in here. I'm still kind of in shock and, I have to admit, still pretty fucking shaken up about it. Whatever I am feeling is not at all relevant and 1,000,000 times less than whatever his loved ones are going through (I cannot even wrap my brain around someone telling his poor daughter), but, I feel how I feel. It's legitimately shaken me up and I'm not 100% sure why. I've been thinking about it all night. I see threads in here all the time about celebrity troubles, even deaths, and I usually do not even bat an eyelash. I work in the sports TV business and meet current and former athletes all the time and I usually just do not care, it's part of the job. I guess I just admired his work, especially in Brokeback, and hate to see such a promising career cut so severely and needlessly short. He's just an actor, you know, I don't know the guy.....but to me, our playwrights and authors and musicians and directors and actors are vital.....those 300 pages you read or the 2 hours you sit in the theater or the lyrics and sounds that move you, you need them. They take you away or they hold up a mirror and you can glean and feel so much. And he was a part of all that.

I don't even know what the fuck I'm talking about. I'm just really upset. Sorry.

Just what you said.

I can't really put into words how this is fucking me up tonight. I haven't been able to wrap my head around it. Possibly because no celebrity tragedy has every really affected me much at all before, but this one blew me away. Damn. Maybe it's just all the circumstances that make it so fucking unacceptable. It just SHOULDN'T have happened to him. You know?

He was obviously a vital part of a lot of people's lives, oh his daughter, my god, I can't even imagine. But he was also a vital part of his art, in a way a lot of actors or musicians or whoever aren't. He was one of the special ones, one of the special ones that hadn't quite earned his dues yet either, and that's the saddest part. A fantastic artist that the world has been suddenly and violently denied the utter privilege of sharing. And he was obviously an artist who lived to share his work. So sad, so wrong.

NSW, I know what you mean. I'm not having that reaction to Heath's passing, but you are making perfect sense.

I just heard this on TV. I am shocked and stunned and saddened. How sad. Heath was such a great actor. Such a very sad loss. I feel sad for his daughter Mathilda also.

:sad:

No spoken words said:

I agree completely. Who knew he had touched so many lives...heck I didn't even realize how much he touched me until now. :(

U2democrat said:

I agree completely. Who knew he had touched so many lives...heck I didn't even realize how much he touched me until now. :(

Yeah. I don't normally get upset over celebrity deaths, but he was just starting to show how much talent he really had. I'm definitely a bit numb.

U2Girl1978 said:
I'm really disgusted with the paparazzi. I'm filled with anger that there was a crowd around his apartment while they were taking out the body. They have reached a new low.

I'm just as surprised that the police still went ahead with it in that way. Turn the ambulance around 90 degrees so it's 'backed' up to the door, put up some sort of makeshift curtain or something. Of course the paparazzi would show no respect, but going ahead and rewarding them with the exact shot they wanted...

this is pretty crummy, my favorite performance of his was Candy and like everyone else I've been anxious for the new Batman flick especially after the trailer. But his death is definitely very tragic, he was young, talented, father and had everything going for him.
:(

Earnie Shavers said:

I'm just as surprised that the police still went ahead with it in that way. Turn the ambulance around 90 degrees so it's 'backed' up to the door, put up some sort of makeshift curtain or something. Of course the paparazzi would show no respect, but going ahead and rewarding them with the exact shot they wanted...

There's even a video going around. :tsk:

Real classy.

The video of the gurney being wheeled out is on the major news channels too, so it's not like it's some internet video.

It's just so ... weird.

I don't want to see the gurney. Not on TV or any pics. I refuse to see any images of it.

ETA: Ha, just as I say the above, I see a pic of the body bag on the blog I was reading. I feel ever more sad, and a bit ashamed that I saw the body bag.

Last edited:
U2MaNaIcWeIdO said:

That's because they are parasites and have nothing better to do with their lives.

They do it because people will pay to see the pictures they take. Period.

I don't think I've seen a single thing Ledger was ever in (I don't watch many movies), but I do recognise the name and am saddened by his death. I feel for his friends and family.

indra said:

They do it because people will pay to see the pictures they take. Period.

I don't think I've seen a single thing Ledger was ever in (I don't watch many movies), but I do recognise the name and am saddened by his death. I feel for his friends and family.

True....and there are idiots out there that want to see those pictures despites their protests. :wink:

U2Girl1978 said:
I find it repulsive.

I know. I'm usually a lot more tolerant (for lack of a better word) of celebrity shenanigans in the media - not much surprises or repulses me these days. But seeing the gurney made my stomach hurt.

I didn't think I'd be seeing that on CNN.

I still haven't seen Brokeback Mountain. I should fix that.

I feel the Cobain effect is strong in this case. He will become even more of a legend than he would have otherwise because of this.

I think it would be a nice gesture if a dedication - something like "Dedicated To The Memory Of Heath Ledger" - was put somewhere in the opening or closing credits of TDK.

Back
Top Bottom