MERGED--> Heath Ledger Found Dead?!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This is a massive loss. The guy was only 28 and had already turned in what I consider riveting, inspired performances in Brokeback Mountain, Monster's Ball, and I'm Not There, to name a few.

It'll be interesting to see how this shapes the Dark Knight now, seeing as it will be forever remembered as his swan song.

Great young actor. Terrible tragedy. He will be missed.

This is definitely a shocker!

IF it was a drug overdose, i wouldn't be that surprised. In the last year or so, he has been looking a bit rough.

RIP Heath

heatrh_ledger.jpg

Hopefully his relatively small number of roles will still be enough to preserve his memory for future film fans. I truly believe his Brokeback performance was one for the ages, maybe Top 3 of this decade.

I'm going to have a hard time digesting this one too.

He's been one of my favourite actors for several years. Seeing all these pictures is just making it more real. That's such a beautiful pic of him and his daughter. Very upsetting. :sad:

This is horribly shocking and very very sad. I've always thought that he had the potential to be one of the truly great actors of our generation. :(

lazarus said:
Hopefully his relatively small number of roles will still be enough to preserve his memory for future film fans. I truly believe his Brokeback performance was one for the ages, maybe Top 3 of this decade.

I'm going to have a hard time digesting this one too.

He's like our generation's James Dean.

I think Ennis Del Mar would have been enough to immortalize him alone, let alone his role as The Joker, which I've always said would be brilliant. Heath will NOT be forgotten. True talent never is.

He carried a huge part of I'm Not There as well, one of the most brilliant performances there too.

Lancemc said:

He's like our generation's James Dean.

I've actually been thinking the same thing. Unfortunately, I think a lot of people only know him as the guy from 10 Things I Hate About You and A Knight's Tale. For that reason, I don't think his legacy will be anything Dean-esque.

Edit: Damn. Look at how many people are in ZS right now.

impy13 said:

I've actually been thinking the same thing. Unfortunately, I think a lot of people only know him as the guy from 10 Things I Hate About You and A Knight's Tale. For that reason, I don't think his legacy will be anything Dean-esque.

You should see the stupid fucking giggling myspace girls right now.

"OMG HEATH LEDGER, THE HOTTEST MAN ALIVE DIED TODAY!"

"OMG, STOP POSTING SO MANY BULLETINS, I KNO HE DID, hahahahahaha :]"

I want to punch them in the ovaries.

ladywithspinninghead said:
According to TMZ, he wasn't at one of the Olsen's apts and the cops told TMC the death was accidental.

Yeah, this is crazy how people are "reporting" things. Now when people post info, they have to be careful to say that it's "been reported".

I just heard the TMZ report on FOXnews.

impy13 said:

A lot of people NOW do. In the years to come his teen flick films will be largely forgotten but true gems like Brokeback Mountain and I'm Not There won't be. I'm sure his work in Candy and The Dark Knight will last too.

The whole thing is just so surreal. It's sad to see such a shining talent stopped just as it was starting to achieve great things, especially when it's from someone who didn't seem to squander it selfishly.

LemonMacPhisto said:

You should see the stupid fucking giggling myspace girls right now.

"OMG HEATH LEDGER, THE HOTTEST MAN ALIVE DIED TODAY!"

"OMG, STOP POSTING SO MANY BULLETINS, I KNO HE DID, hahahahahaha :]"

I want to punch them in the ovaries.

Then you shouldn't be friends with them. :wink:

This is from US Magazine, maybe it sheds some light?

News of Heath Ledger's death has shaken friends of the actor.

"This is terrible and I'm in shock," a close friend of Ledger's tells Usmagazine.com. "But to tell you the truth... we saw it coming."

"Heath has gone though a rough road of trying to get sober," the source tells Us.

"Things were very dark," the source says. "His one joy was Matilda." Matilda is his 2-year-old daughter with ex-wife Michelle Williams. They split in September.

"Everything else was misery for him," adds the source. "Unfortunately he was too late in getting help."

Ledger, 28, was found dead, reportedly at Mary-Kate Olsen's apartment

http://www.usmagazine.com/exclusive_health_ledgers_friend_we_saw_it_coming

I find it hard to believe Heath was ever a drug user. He just didn't strike me as one.

Back
Top Bottom