MERGED--> Heath Ledger Found Dead?!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Very shocking news and such a talent, I was really looking forward to seeing his turn as The Joker in the new Batman film, which according to Michael Caine is one of the all-time great performances.

Very sad end for such a promising young man. :(

This is just such a shock. Really unbelievable, my first thought was for his baby.

And just because someone overdoses doesn't mean they're a drug addict. If it was sleeping pills or anti depressants that he took it means he overdosed on prescription medication.

COBL_04 said:
Very sad, heard this at work this morning. Feel reeeally sorry for his daughter, and I am infuriated at the media.

I'm also infuriated at his health care (assuming he had some).....If he died from pneumonia...WHY? He is a healthy young man otherwise, with right medication he should have gotten over this.

The sleeping pill that was found around his apartment was Zolpidem....a drug that has already proved to warrant a very important safety message before administering to patients amongst Aussie GP's and one that the US TGA has chosen to omit certain "important" safety risks from their packets.
http://www.tga.gov.au/alerts/stilnox.htm

Interesting......An autopsy will reveal all, we hope.

I'm infuriated by the media too. Channel 7 was using his death in their commercials to promote themselves as the team that brings you all the up-to-date news. Disgusting.

I feel really sorry for his family too - it was reported that they found out about his death while listening to the radio. :( I hope the media now leaves them alone to grieve in peace.

It's just sad, sad, sad.....I only heard it out last night at a club, strangest piece of news i've ever heard out, I initially thought it was a joke. Part of it is because 'Movie actors don't die'...when you see someone on screen whoever it is, Carry Grant, James Dean, Brando...it's hard to look up at the screen and imagine these people very full of life on screen as being dead. Cinema does immortalise people, and hopefully it will in a way have immortalised Heath.

Another thing is the guy was just 7 years older than me, it is just very very weird thinking about it that way.

They'll be an autopsy today, the media could at least refrain from speculation and trying to dig up dirt until the results of that are revealed. If he did have pneumonia it could have been related to that, he could have had an undiagnosed health problem-there are other possibilities.

It's way beside the point really, but The Dark Knight should be a great send off...an iconic role to remember him by.

No spoken words said:
IHe's just an actor, you know, I don't know the guy.....but to me, our playwrights and authors and musicians and directors and actors are vital.....those 300 pages you read or the 2 hours you sit in the theater or the lyrics and sounds that move you, you need them. They take you away or they hold up a mirror and you can glean and feel so much. And he was a part of all that.

:yes: so true. what a beautiful way to put it. He already had a great career, and it was surely only going to get better... it fucking sucks, that's all I can say. And fuck the media.

As for what the paparazzi are doing, I think Heath and Michelle said it best:
HeathMichelle.jpg

Seen this yet?

heathsx6.jpg

Personally, I think it's one of the most disgusting things I've ever seen. Radical Christianity is just as bad as radical anything else. I don't know how you can preach love out of one side of your mouth and spew hate out the other. Obviously, it's absolutely repulsive, but unfortunately it's an actual flyer.

That's fucking disgusting. I can't stand that church and its ridiculous beliefs. :censored:

I can't even imagine how that would be for the family. Do those people think about what their presence does to the family?:|

impy13 said:
Personally, I think it's one of the most disgusting things I've ever seen. Radical Christianity is just as bad as radical anything else. I don't know how you can preach love out of one side of your mouth and spew hate out the other. Obviously, it's absolutely repulsive, but unfortunately it's an actual flyer.

Unsurprisingly, it's the same old Fred Phelps and his extended family that they call "a church."

On the bright side, the more they come out and make a fool of themselves, the more people stop and think about how wrong it is to be bigoted. That, at the very least, is a good thing.

That flyer just made me sick to my stomach.

God damn, it's still so unreal.

Really puts thing in perspective, doesn't it...

onebloodonelife said:
As for what the paparazzi are doing, I think Heath and Michelle said it best:
HeathMichelle.jpg
OMG that is awesome.....if only they would Fuck Off.....but it ain't gonna happen

I can't believe the family found out from fucking media and not an official....that is inexcusable:mad:

Was hoping that it wasn't true with how the family found out. One hell of a way to discover your loved one is gone :(.

The media needs to learn the damn meaning of common deceny :mad: Swear they have no heart! They are like a bunch of vultures fighting over who will release the biggest piece of news first. Find that so disgusting and it outrages me.

R.I.P. Heath :(

europop2005 said:
so is this our generations James Dean?
Time will only tell, but it reminds me more of Brandon Lee, and rather eerily so. The circumstances of death are quite different, but the just wrapped movie that would have propelled them to superstardom playing a similarly made-up comic book character is impossible to ignore.

brandon1.jpg

joker_poster.jpg

I suppose the last time I felt this way about a celebrity's death was when Steve Irwin died...again so unexpected to see someone who was so full of life to be suddenly taken from us.

The news keeps showing archive footage of him and it still makes me refuse to believe all this...it's so awful.

U2democrat said:
I suppose the last time I felt this way about a celebrity's death was when Steve Irwin died...again so unexpected to see someone who was so full of life to be suddenly taken from us.

That's how I felt as well. Sort of like, it can't be for real. He was so full of life and vibrant and young. It's really weird seeing the tagline "1979-2008" because that's the year I was born. We're the same age.

I remember watching the Oscars and thinking, "I can't WAIT to see how his career will turn out" because it was obvious that he was destined for really interesting and edgy roles.

lazarus said:
Westboro Baptist Church: anyone have any spare gasoline lying around?

road trip!

this church is ridiculous.. this totally enrages me and yet makes me laugh at how completely moronic and stupid these people are to think this shit.. I seriously am going to try to email these losers. We all should..

if you can believe (I can) this is their website: http://www.godhatesfags.com/

these people are complete lunatics!:mad:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom