MERGED--> Fred Durst is a GREAT man... + Fans throw garbage at Fred Durst

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrsSpringsteen

Blue Crack Addict
Fans Throw Garbage At Fred Durst

Durst Pelted With Garbage
Jul 29, 11:53 AM EST

CHICAGO (AP) -- Fred Durst must have been having a really bad day when the Summer Sanitarium tour stopped outside Chicago Saturday.

The Chicago Sun-Times describes Durst as having a tantrum on stage and ending Limp Bizkit's set after just 20 minutes. The report says heckling fans throwing garbage gave Durst a rough reception.

At first, Durst encouraged the abuse, then offered to fight anyone within earshot while yelling curses and sexual putdowns. :rolleyes:

According to the report, "Had the villain in 'The Wizard of Oz' been a vile little boob like Durst rather than a snarly old lady in greenface, the movie's 'I'm melting!' scene might have looked like this."

The band left the stage early and Durst continued to curse the fans from the wings until someone took the microphone. That meant the crowd had to wait more than an hour before Metallica took the stage.

No comment from Limp Bizkit's representatives

Fred Durst is a GREAT man...

No, perhaps he's not. :sexywink:

Saturday, Fred was pelted with plastic bottles and booed off the stage while opening for Metallica outside of Chicago.

From the Chicago Sun Times:

...The metaphorical fireworks started much earlier [than the Metallica set], however, when heckling fans induced a profane tantrum from Limp Bizkit frontman Fred Durst and the band quit playing after just 20 minutes.

It was easy to predict a rough reception for the rap-rock has-beens when a significant segment of the crowd booed a mention of the band by previous openers Linkin Park. When Limp Bizkit actually appeared around 7 o'clock, the boos intensified, and some fans pelted the stage with garbage.

The famously brainless Durst only fanned the flames, first encouraging the catcalls and flying trash, then swerving into a bizarre tirade against the crowd and city. Ranting that he'd fight anyone in earshot and spluttering explicit sexual putdowns, uncreative curses and ludicrous homophobic slurs, Durst simply self-destructed. Had the villain in "The Wizard of Oz" been a vile little boob like Durst rather than a snarly old lady in greenface, the movie's "I'm melting!" scene might have looked like this.

The crowd, perhaps stunned, calmed down, and Limp Bizkit played a few more songs (including a sarcastic, gay-bashing cover of George Michael's "Faith" with potty-mouth lyrics that would embarrass a fourth-grader). But then the band left the stage and Durst resumed his vulgar invective from the wings until, mercifully, he was relieved of the microphone.

The aborted set left fans to wait more than 90 minutes for Metallica, but the mood never turned ugly--maybe because a lengthy delay was better than suffering through any more Limp Bizkit.

http://www.suntimes.com/output/rock/cst-ftr-metal28.html

From NME:

Fred Durst - Couldn't happen to a nicer fella
Limp Bizkit Extras

BIZKIT BROKEN

LIMP BIZKIT stormed off stage at the weekend, after being pelted with plastic bottles, boos and chants of 'Fuck off FRED DURST'.

Thirty minutes into the band's Summer Sanitarium show outside of Chicago on Saturday (July 26) at Hawthrone Racetrack, the singer retaliated with a storm of swearing before walking away from the volatile 40,000 fans.

According to Bob Gendron from the Chicago Tribune, the ill feeling towards the band had been building throughout the day. He told MTV: "From the very beginning of the show, there were people in the crowd with 'Fred Sucks' banners, and every time one of the other bands mentioned Limp Bizkit, (the audience) booed."

Durst was met with showers of bottles and other missiles as soon as he appeared onstage. After crouching down and trying to ignore the barrage, he started to call the crowd "fucking pussies".

After their cover of George Michael's 'Faith' he left the stage, just six songs into what was supposed to be an hour-long set.

http://www.nme.com/news/105710.htm

I wasnt really sure from all your posts so I wanted to clarify, you guys dont like Limp Bizkit?

MrBrau1 said:
I wear a red Yankee baseball hat just like him. I'm totally cool.

I bet you don't wear it backwards like me.

Poser.

:down:

I should drown you in hot dog flavored water.

u2popmofo said:
I wasnt really sure from all your posts so I wanted to clarify, you guys dont like Limp Bizkit?

What's to like? The music is silly and juvenile, and doesn't even sound good. Fred's a chump, he always has been. And no, I don't like LB... never have... never will. Their music insults my ears and my intelligence.

It's all about the he-said she-said bullshit,
I think you better quit talking that shit,
so come and get it.

I'm like a mother fucking chainsaw!

Inspired.

Blown Away.

A Tour de Farce.

Parlez-vous kick-ass?

:yes:

Fred Durst is indeed a great man.....FOR ME TO POOP ON!!!

No, no, seriously I like the Limp Bizkit with the songs and rap and such. Then again, I eat my own poop.

the only thing that disappoints me about this story is that the crowd threw bottles instead of fire axes.

And to think I get to sit through a Limp Bizkit set in a week and a half... I can hardly wait. :rolleyes:

I'm not too thrilled about Linkin Park, either.

How is throwing garbage at garbage recycling?

If you're part of the problem,
you're part of the pollution.

:down:

Back
Top Bottom