MERGED: Fiction Plane

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

strictly4rockin

Babyface
U2 fanz must check FP out

Hey! This site is dope... glad I can chill here :) I've been a U2 fan since way back in the day you know? I love the song they did on the Batman Forever soundtrack... remember that? So I'm usually hesistant to try new bands and new music cuz I have my faves already, but one band recently caught my attention. Have you all heard of Fiction Plane? They're awesome... heard about them thru this internship I scored at Universal. But anyway their album is called "Everything Will Never Be Okay," and I got to see them perform it live--- how hot! Check them out and tell me what you think... fictionplane.com is the site to hit up. Good, bad, great... whadya think??

Sting's son is the singer of Fiction Plane. They have one or two ok songs in my opinion. Not bad, but not great either.

Quite mediocre, but they could end up being decent. They could end up fading away in to obscurity too. You never can tell.

Last edited:
Re: U2 fanz must check FP out

strictly4rockin said:
Hey! This site is dope... glad I can chill here :) I've been a U2 fan since way back in the day you know? I love the song they did on the Batman Forever soundtrack... remember that? So I'm usually hesistant to try new bands and new music cuz I have my faves already, but one band recently caught my attention. Have you all heard of Fiction Plane? They're awesome... heard about them thru this internship I scored at Universal. But anyway their album is called "Everything Will Never Be Okay," and I got to see them perform it live--- how hot! Check them out and tell me what you think... fictionplane.com is the site to hit up. Good, bad, great... whadya think??

hype hype hype :lol:

Go, Universal! :up:

Re: U2 fanz must check FP out

strictly4rockin said:

spam........:down:

a couple ok songs, i wouldn't go buy the album based on what i've heard though. and i don't see how they're supposed to appeal to u2 fans anymore than any other band should...

I have the CD. I was in the mood to try something new and I honestly bought it because I wanted to see how much Joe Sumner sounded like his daddy. I hear a resemblance but after a while I don't really hear it all that much. I like a few songs. It's a first album. It's not all that good but it's certainly not horrible.

Have you heard of Fiction Plane?

Has anybody heard of a new band called Fiction Plane? I came across them thru working at Universal, and their CD "Everything Will Never be Ok" has been getting constant rotation in my stereo. They've got the Brit alt. rock/electronica thing going on, and they're already pretty big in the UK. Some of it reminds me of Radiohead, and Coldplay, and U2. I seriously suggest y'all check em out. I'm pretty sure they have a site up at fictionplane.com, where you can hear some samples..."Hate" is the one that I think sounds like U2 big time. Do you agree? Tell me what you think.... and tell me some other new bands you guys think are worthy of a mention.

Wasnt there another post worded almost 100% like this a month or 2 back by a brand new poster too? Hmmm, interesting how they even metion the record label too.....

What I've heard of them I havent liked at all.

u2popmofo said:
Wasnt there another post worded almost 100% like this a month or 2 back by a brand new poster too? Hmmm, interesting how they even metion the record label too.....

What I've heard of them I havent liked at all.

im also suspicious....:|

Internship/street promoter!

Research done well(read: Radiohead and Coldplay - two most posted-in threads)! Was Batman a Universal movie?

At least he/she identified themselves as an intern for Universal. Could be a totally planted person - like Zoomerang96 for Capitol Records and Radiohead.

Nice discreet infiltration...but I'll take the bait anyways.

I saw them on a venue with Eighties Matchbox B-Line Disaster(which was one of the strangest live shows I've ever seen), and the Fire Theft(use to be Sunny Day Real Estate, they were amazing).

But as far as Fiction Plane...they have a few descent songs, but one of the sloppiest live band I've seen in awhile.

alright, heres what this loser has to say at the radiohead board.

Fiction Plane to chat this Friday

? Next Oldest | Next Newest ? Track this topic | Email this topic | Print this topic

strictly4rockin Posted: Jun 19 2003, 06:47 PM

Group: Members
Member No.: 2507

Hey everyone! I'm an intern at Universal Music and I have exciting news for you. Remembe Fiction PLane, the anti-pop brit rock band? Well, I just found out from their website that they are doign a chat tomorrow, June 20th at 4PST on www.teenhollywood.com Tell me what you think of the band after the chat!

----------

and my reply

Soylent Green

your a loser.

you post this spam shit at interference too. go get a life.

---

ban this guy already.

Back
Top Bottom