MERGED ----> Fahrenheit 9/11 + fahrenheit 9/11

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I saw it this afternoon and thought it was a great movie. Of course it had an agenda that's what movies of this type do. It's sad that it had to be made. If the media, congress, and the people had actually researched and questioned some of these connections we probably wouldn't be where we are right now. It was great to see senior citizens, young adults, people of all colors and backgrounds in the theater, I was really moved by that.

fahrenheit 9/11

Five minutes into the movie, I cried. The screen was black. All you could hear were the sounds of the plane crashing into the trade center, the emergency vehicles driving to the scene and people crying. The screen slowly fadded from pitch black to images of people crying in disbelief on the streets of New York. That pretty much set the powerful tone of the movie.

The cinematography was excellent for a documentary and the editing came together nicely.

There were moments in the movie where I had to hide my face into my tiny hands in tears watching the graphic detail of the kids injured by the bombings and the crying of the mother who lost her first son who served in the US Army.

I am still neutral as to who is right or wrong but just like most, I am against the idea of war. From what was presented in the film, Bush sent those troops for a poor unnecessary reason.

There were some moments that were funny. When you have an idiot like Bush who seems to be notorious for making stupid comments, you can expect some laughs. It is funny to laugh at a politician's stupidity and ignorance.

A lot of what I believed about the conspiracies behind 9-11 was confirmed in this documentary. There were some things however that I found to be debatable but that is to be expected with a documentary that is one sided based on personal opinion as well as facts (facts presented by Moore).

What intrigued me was that Michael Moore was able to come up with all this amazing paper work that was presented in the film.

Fahrenheit 9/11 was one of those movies that I was unable to get my eyes off the screen for just a second.

It amazed me and was a wonderful piece of work whether you agree with Moore or not, whether you like Bush or not, whether you believe in war or not....it was a great documentary

My good friend, who I was going to take to this movie, is in the hospital. She's eighty-eight, and thinks Bush is the worst president she's seen in her many years as a military wife. I pray that she gets better. I can see the movie myself, but I can't replace her friendship. :(

Re: fahrenheit 9/11

isabelle_guns said:
Five minutes into the movie, I cried. The screen was black. All you could hear were the sounds of the plane crashing into the trade center, the emergency vehicles driving to the scene and people crying. The screen slowly fadded from pitch black to images of people crying in disbelief on the streets of New York. That pretty much set the powerful tone of the movie.

Same here. Right after the scenes of ppl in NYC looking up into the sky, I had to run out of the theatre. It took me 10 minutes to compose myself to watch the rest of the film. I won't get political here because I don't care to have an argument with anyone, but all I can say is "wow." :sigh: :sad:

Headache in a Suitcase said:
i'm downloading it off the internet... i can't comment on it without seeing it, but i refuse to provide any money to put into mr. moore's pockets.

right now it says it'll be done in 10 hours... so i'll get back to ya

And Mr. Moore says he's OK with that! :tongue:

From the Sunday Herald:
http://www.sundayherald.com/43167

Moore: pirate my film, no problem
Controversial film-maker Michael Moore has welcomed the appearance on the internet of pirated copies of his anti-Bush documentary Fahrenheit 9/11 and claimed he is happy for anybody to download it free of charge.

The activist, author and director told the Sunday Herald that, as long as pirated copies of his film were not being sold, he had no problem with it being downloaded.

?I don?t agree with the copyright laws and I don?t have a problem with people downloading the movie and sharing it with people as long as they?re not trying to make a profit off my labour. I would oppose that,? he said.

?I do well enough already and I made this film because I want the world, to change. The more people who see it the better, so I?m happy this is happening.?

C ya!

Marty

Sure it was agit-prop, but even if 1/1000 of what was said is true, georgy is one evil son of a bitch. Not like I didn't know that before...

I just got back from seeing it. I was so overwhelmed that I came this close to getting into an accident backing out of my parking spot at the theater. I had read a lot about the movie before going to see it, so I knew quite a bit about what was going to be in it, but I was still shocked. I tried very hard to watch with a critical eye because I am well aware this is not exactly an objective account. But like Zoorock Girl said, if even 1/1000 of what is in this film is true, Dubya is truly evil. Then again, there's plenty of blame to go around. I can't believe not one Democratic Senator would sign off on the petitions of the House members who were protesting the 2000 election results. Did they not even bother to investigate?

I was kind of pissed off at the other people in the theater with me. They were yakking through much of the first part of the film - even when the screen went blank when the planes hit the towers and the 9/11 aftermath scenes. :eyebrow: They did quiet down somewhat as the film went on though.

I'm the kind of person who almost never cries at the movies, but I damn near lost it at a couple of points - particularly the 9/11 part and the scenes with the mom from Moore's hometown who lost her son in the war.

MrBrau1 said:
I hate Liberal BS as much as I hate Conservative BS. Still, I'll see this film.

same here.

makes me really hate my town 90% of the time. /slightly off-topic

i seriuosly think the iraqis are being ignored here...it is not only the american troops that are suffering but the iraqis aswell ...and moore failed to get that point acroos effectivley in the film for the simple fact that the general pulic in the states is not concerned for them ..is this true...it does seem to be in most develoed nations(australia's john howard was probably reelected cause there wasnt a single australian casualty while the thousands of iraqi lives lost meant nothing). ...and besides whatever was the reason moore made the film ..to get bush out of the white house?!! i mean what diff would it make ..whoever wins the election the zionists will still control the world.
bytheway anyone noticed the contradiction in fox news's motto and antics..."we report you decide" while programs like fox and friends continue to mould ppl's minds in whatever way suitable to them or should i say profitable( ur ratings do go up when the president is interviewed and shown on just ur channel)

Back
Top Bottom