MERGED --> Episode III: Revenge of the Sith + Got to see the new Star Wars film

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

elysithea

War Child
Episode III: Revenge of the Sith

:D

So who's going to camp out weeks before the premiere and buy tickets? :)

Not me, lol. Eh, I'm going to the midnight showing. That'll be fun. I can't wait to see Anakin's transformation into Darth Vader.

The trailer was awesome. :wink:

Star Wars fans are very much like U2 fans-never satisfied no matter what.
Basically depriving themselves of happiness.

Slapnutz[/i] [b]Hate to say it but after reading the script I'm going to be giving this one a miss....[/b][/quote] I don't know. I'm going whether it's good or bad. I really don't care what the critics say about it said:
Star Wars fans are very much like U2 fans-never satisfied no matter what.
Basically depriving themselves of happiness.

I'd have to agree with you, Iskra, lol. I didn't like Episode II at first, but it's growing on me. And I absolutely hate Jar Jar.... (I hope he gets killed off...I'm mean, lol)

My sister went to the midnight showing of "Phantom Menace" and a bunch of people were there dressed in Star Wars costumes, swinging lightsabers around. I mean, I like Star Wars, but .... weird, lol. I wouldn't say I'm that much of a fanatic...

...U2 being the exception, of course. :wink:

Episode 1 was a unique experience. A full generation had gone by before a new set of Star Wars movies was done.

Frankly, only Episode V was able to meet the expectations for the series.

elysithea said:

My sister went to the midnight showing of "Phantom Menace" and a bunch of people were there dressed in Star Wars costumes, swinging lightsabers around. I mean, I like Star Wars, but .... weird, lol. I wouldn't say I'm that much of a fanatic...

I went to the opening night of The Phantom menace, and some fans showed up in full costume. We had a few Darth Vaders and stormtroopers and so on. And these guys acted out these star wars games and it was very very silly. I am a casual fan so it took my by surprise just how far some of these fans are taking it. But i guess its ok to have a bit of fun, but at the time i felt like i was watching a freak show.

I am pretty sure that Episode III will be good.

Slapnutz said:
Hate to say it but after reading the script I'm going to be giving this one a miss....

Maybe you should go back and read the scripts for the original trilogy.

The quality of the films have very little to do with what's on the page. You can't possibly judge the end result without seeing the visuals, the actors performances, and the music.

I don't know why one would want to read a screenplay before seeing a film. How is that an enjoyable experience, even if what you read is good?

laz

Just watched the Clone Wars cartoon DVD. Not bad, got to see General Grievous who is quite the badass.

Poor Anakin is so misunderstood, childhood in slavery, then entrusted to a cult to raise him and had no father, no wonder he has so many issues.:wink:

Has anyone bought advance tickets yet? They're already selling out

LOS ANGELES - As Yoda would say "Sold out, the first shows are" for "Star Wars: Episode Three: Revenge of the Sith" at a cineplex in Hollywood.

Tickets for the 12:01 a.m. May 19 showing of George Lucas' latest installment of the "Star Wars" series have already sold out for all four screenings at the Arclight.

Tickets for the new "Star Wars" movie went on sale Friday at many theaters across the country and at online providers like Fandango.com. Fandango represents about 70 percent of the country's movie houses that have remote ticket sales.

"Star Wars" ticket sales figures from the weekend aren't yet available, but Fandango CEO Art Levitt said in a statement that "for those theaters already listing show times, the appetite for tickets is huge.

The marquee theaters will sell out for the midnight showings.

I plan on seeing the movie opening day at lunch time with my team at work. For the last Star Wars movie, there was no line at that time.

Who says I need a costume :angry:

I did tell my wife I wanted my own stormtrooper armor & helmet (like the 501st Legion!). She gave me that "I'll pretend I didn't hear such a ridiculous statement" type of look.

Heh, I have my tickets. :D

trevster2k said:
Just watched the Clone Wars cartoon DVD. Not bad, got to see General Grievous who is quite the badass.

I love that cartoon! :wink: I haven't bought it yet, but I'll probably get it once I get my other Episode III merchandise.

I can't wait to see how Grievous looks on screen. Oh, and on a side note, I just received a catalog the other day that had an authenic replica Darth Vader costume priced at $1000. :ohmy:

Thought I'd mention it since someone brought up the subject of costumes. :)

I already bought my tickets.

About a mile from where I live is the AMC 30 (yes, THIRTY screens!). Three years ago, when Episode 2 came out, all 30 screens sold out! I was there for the midnight showing, and it took me about 45 minutes just to get inside the building. When the movie was over, it took over an hour for me to get out of the parking lot! This year I am walking to the theater and back, I'll get home faster that way!

the midnight showing at my theater is sold out, I don't know about the rest of the day

:wink:

Top Ten Questions To Ask Yourself Before Camping Out To See "Star Wars"

10. "Why don't I have anything better to do?"

9. "How many wookies does my tent sleep?"

8. "Will it be more fun than when I camped out to see 'Miss Congeniality 2'?"

7. "Exactly when did I give up on doing anything meaningful with my life?"

6. "Will I be teased by roving gangs of Trekkies?"

5. "If I use all my vacation days now, how will I take that trip to ice planet Hoth?"

4. "Does Starbucks let guys dressed as galactic bounty hunters use their bathroom?"

3. "I wonder how many other guys on line are named 'Shecky'?"

2. "Should I just pay the extra dollar and use moviefone?"

1. "If I had a girlfriend, what would she think?

:laugh:

I am looking forward to seeing this one. Apparently it is actually going to come to our theatre here in Mali the same week it starts in the States! I assume this is because the French version will already be ready to go (as it is premiering in Cannes). So woohoo! Will round up some friends and go see it.

Que la Force soyez avec vous! ;)

SAN RAFAEL, California (AP) -- The Force lands in theaters a bit more forcefully in the final installment of George Lucas "Star Wars" tale.

"Episode III -- Revenge of the Sith" is the first "Star Wars" tale to receive a PG-13 rating. The movie was screened for reporters Tuesday night at Lucas' Skywalker Ranch, and the PG-13 rating -- "for sci-fi violence and some intense images" -- is well-deserved.

The action is relentless and includes sequences more dark and disturbing than anything previously seen in the tragic Skywalker soap opera.

Young Jedi knight Anakin Skywalker (Hayden Christensen) completes his transformation into blackhearted villain Darth Vader with a bloodbath against old allies, the body count including a corridor of "youngling" corpses -- Jedi children cut down by his light saber.

Anakin is left gruesomely mutilated in a death duel with former mentor Obi-Wan Kenobi (Ewan McGregor). His surgical reclamation as the part-flesh, part-machine Vader is chillingly juxtaposed against the bleak childbirth scene of his wife, Padme Amidala (Natalie Portman), whose twins grow up to be heroes of the original "Star Wars" trilogy, Luke Skywalker and Princess Leia.

Even cute and cuddly Jedi master Yoda takes his lumps, torched by the electroshock treatment dished out by the saga's puppetmaster, the evil emperor (Ian McDiarmid).

The previous five "Star Wars" flicks all were rated PG, which carry the mild warning "parental guidance suggested," and that some scenes might be unsuitable for children. The PG-13 rating carries the alert "parents strongly cautioned" that some material could be inappropriate for those younger than 13.

"We're getting a lot of flak from parents, a lot of people saying how can you do this? My children love these movies. Why can you not let them go see it?" Lucas told The Associated Press in a recent interview. "But I have to tell a story. I'm not making these, oddly enough, to be giant, successful blockbusters. I'm making them because I'm telling a story, and I have to tell the story I intended."

Of course, the PG-13 rating does not prohibit children under 13 from seeing the film without an adult tagging along. And while it's not likely to make much of a dent in the movie's certain blockbuster status, the rating could give some parents pause.

"These are pretty intense. Who should be allowed to see them should be left up to the parents, but at least they're warned that it's pretty intense," Lucas said. "And obviously, that's not a good business move."

Back
Top Bottom