MERGED --> Did Anybody Else Watch American Idol? + Bono on Idol?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:applaud: YAY!!!!! Julia Demato is gone! :dance:

:reject: I am so mean............................

Btw- I saw the headlines that the US is sending 30,000 more troops overseas... and Josh's infantry got put on 24hr call this week... I hope he doesn't leave. :sigh: But it looks like he'll have to.

Angel said:
:applaud: YAY!!!!! Julia Demato is gone! :dance:

:reject: I am so mean............................

I figured she would be.

She was a good singer...but people just didn't like her attitude.

She seemed awfully happy about her loss.

Originally posted by Angel
Btw- I saw the headlines that the US is sending 30,000 more troops overseas... and Josh's infantry got put on 24hr call this week... I hope he doesn't leave. :sigh: But it looks like he'll have to.

*Gasps*

Noooooooo!

I hope he doesn't leave, either!

Angela

Damn :| I like Josh.

Wait, maybe I wasnt paying good enough attention. (Damn Computer) Julia was the one that got booted? Then why was she all smiles and Kimberley was balling her eyes out running her nasty mascara all over her face and crying like someone just ran over her dog?

:confused:

:lol: Sicy! I know.... :rolleyes: Maybe Kimberely had PMS. :sexywink:

I just think that because of their rocky start, Julia and Kimberely probably got really close... and she was really sad to see her go. Julia on the other hand didn't seem too upset. :shrug:
They kept zooming in on Kimberely's racoon eyes, lol.

Angel said:

I just think that because of their rocky start, Julia and Kimberely probably got really close... and she was really sad to see her go. Julia on the other hand didn't seem too upset. :shrug:
They kept zooming in on Kimberely's racoon eyes, lol.

You would think that the make up artists at the show would have some waterproof mascara. She looked almost comical.

I am really addicted to this show and I enjoy watching it, but I can't get over how much they drag it out. Last nights episode easily could have fit into a 15 minute time slot and they managed to make it an hour long. It's getting a little out of hand....

this is the one time i didnt get to see the last 15 minutes of the show:|

from what im reading here, seems like julia was relieved to be off the show...i could be wrong:shrug:

I am late coming into this discussion, but I just want to say:

1) I am a big Simon fan! I think he has a double standard about the weight issue though. He tells Josh and the girls to lose weight, but says nothing to Rubin!

2) Julia drove me nuts! Carmen does too. She sounds like Belinda Carlisle. :yuck: Simon has to keep defending her because he chose her.

3) Although Corey has an unusual voice and sounds good sometimes, I often think he sounds like a strangled chicken...he truly did sound diabolical the other week.

4) I loooooooooooooooooooooooove Clay! :cute:

Mrs. Edge said:

1) I am a big Simon fan! I think he has a double standard about the weight issue though. He tells Josh and the girls to lose weight, but says nothing to Rubin!

2) Julia drove me nuts! Carmen does too. She sounds like Belinda Carlisle. :yuck: Simon has to keep defending her because he chose her.

3) Although Corey has an unusual voice and sounds good sometimes, I often think he sounds like a strangled chicken...he truly did sound diabolical the other week.

a strangled chicken! :lmao:

and I :heart: Clay too...I'm really hoping he wins :yes:

Ditto to what Jess said, with a little more potency. I hate Corey and Carmen with the fire of a thousand suns and they need to get kicked of very, very soon. Carmen would be lucky if she sounded like Belinda Carlisle. And Corey would be lucky if his voice was as soothing as an air raid siren. I *still* can't believe Vanessa got kicked off before either of them.

Also: :heart: Clay :heart:

Mrs. Edge said:

Okay, so we are all in agreement about one thing.... I am totally :crazy: for Clay. I hope that he wins.

I do not like Corey at all. He really bugs me, and what was with that little tea cozy thing that he was wearing on his head last night. We were like :ohmy: !

And not to focus on the clothes that everyone is wearing, but does anyone know what 205 stands for? :eyebrow:

Word on Corey's 'tea cozy.' And 205 is Reuben's area code. Which apparently he has to 'represent' by wearing a shirt with those numbers on it EVERY TIME WE SEE HIM. I actually like Reuben a lot, but I'd REALLY like to see him where something, ANYTHING else.

I really get far too involved in this show.

Hallelujah Here She Comes said:
Word on Corey's 'tea cozy.' And 205 is Reuben's area code. Which apparently he has to 'represent' by wearing a shirt with those numbers on it EVERY TIME WE SEE HIM. I actually like Reuben a lot, but I'd REALLY like to see him where something, ANYTHING else.

Yeah, that hat Corey was wearing was awful. I'm no fashion plate myself or anything but yeesh! I also don't see what the big deal is about him...I don't care for his voice much myself. :der:

Ruben and Clay are my favorites. I would :heart: to see Ruben in a suit or something besides all of those 205 jerseys. His voice reminds me of Luther Vandross sometimes...so beautiful.

i know i have a knack for going against the grain..but i kinda like corey's voice, even tho he probably won't make it as the american idol.

my favorite three are corey, clay, and treynice.

They kicked Corey off the show..

Corey's mug shot

coreyclarkmug.jpg

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/doc_o_day/doc_o_day.shtml

No, it's on tonight and it's Disco night.

I will survive! :yes:

Something tells me that if there's an American Idol 3, the people will have tougher background checks on the people involved.

On a lighter note-I did not know "Everlasting Love" was considered a disco song (great, for an hour tonight I had to hear disco music...:yuck:...). At least I didn't have to hear "I Will Survive" or "Shake Your Booty" or "Stayin' Alive" or anything like that.

But I suppose my sister'll want to hear that "Everlasting Love" song more often now, too (she's developed a major crush on Clay and has been downloading all the songs he's done thus far, and will probably do the same with this song).

Anyway, tonight was kind of an eh night for most of them-disco is hard to do, not everyone can pull it off.

Who do you guys think will be kicked off tomorrow night?

Angela

I agree that the performances were pretty underwhelming. Even people I usually like didn't impress me all that much. Overall, I think Kim L and Clay were probably the best, although I didn't even like them as much as I normally do. I don't think the disco theme did anyone any favors.

I actually have no clue who's going to get kicked off. I'd love to see Carmen and her wretched vibrato go, but who ends up getting the boot never seems to be who I want it to or think it will be, so I won't even venture a guess.

Also, what crack was Simon smoking tonight? Clay and Trenyce were completely unimpressive but Reuben is the second coming? I do like him, but I just don't see how he is so far and above the rest. Maybe I'm missing something...

Back
Top Bottom