MERGED --> Did Anybody Else Watch American Idol? + Bono on Idol?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My boyfriend is so smart. During Clay's second song "Here, There, and Everywhere" he said, "wouldn't Clay be terrific singing Bridge over troubled water?". It was bizarre and we were both stunned when they started playing the song.

I have to go out tonight :( so I have to tape the finale of American Idol and stay up very late to watch it... oh well, I guess that's what they mean by addiction!

GO CLAY!!

some lady on the radio this morning said she voted 137 times last night :crack:

and then a 40 yrd old guy called up and said he voted 120 times. :coocoo:

oliveu2cm said:

How is that possible? I couldn't get through on the phone even once! Or was there some Internet voting I was unaware of?

:scratch:

On second thought, there is that text messaging way...

<---lives in the stone age with no cell phone

Last edited:
I've been so busy doing stuff with John that I just got a chance to watch Monday and Tuesday's shows that my dad taped for me.

I actually don't think their performances are going to influence the vote much. I think that people already have it in their mind who they want to win. They both did a fantastic job though.

HeartlandGirl said:

How is that possible? I couldn't get through on the phone even once! Or was there some Internet voting I was unaware of?

For some reason, I was able to get through whenever I wanted when I used my land line. But on my cell phone, nothing. I have not a clue why. In any case, I'm guessing the people who voted 4713849 times had similar luck...

I tried calling to vote last night and was never able to get through. :grumpy:

No Josh last night, huh. I guess he's back in the Marines now. No more fun for him!

HeartlandGirl said:

:scratch:

On second thought, there is that text messaging way...

<---lives in the stone age with no cell phone

they said they sat there for the three hours pressing redial :|

oh and the guy said he called at the end of the 3 hour period, cuz less people are trying to get through then.

(I think they both voted for Clay as well.)

I can't believe I'm thinking about american idol :der:

A kid from Huffman High School won it. That's where my wife and several of my best friends went to school; they all graduated with Kevin, Ruben's brother. We voted for him numerous times last night.

~U2Alabama

Geez, no wonder my sister couldn't get through last night. 137 times? 120 times?

Wow.

Anywho, so, that's that. Ruben's our new American idol.

I'm very happy for him. Yay, Ruben! :D.

I felt so bad for Clay, though...he always tried his hardest during his performances, and he's such a nice guy (I was really, really impressed with how he took his losing to Ruben. The way he handled himself tonight...that just increased my respect for him). And last night and tonight in particular...man, Clay just blew me away. He did a superb job on all his performances tonight and last night...some of the very best performances from him I've ever seen. Last night was one of very few times I disagreed with Simon-I don't know what he was on last night, Clay kicked butt, in my opinion.

But both of them will be just fine. I'm happy both of them made it as far as they did.

By the way, that little bit with Simon and Paula...geez, I cracked up during that. That was very...odd.

So, yeah, congrats to Ruben.

And to Clay, as well.

It's been fun.

Angela

ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOBEN!!!!!!!!! :applaud:

I swear If I hear Kimberly sing over the rainbow one more time......... :scream:

btw.. halfway during the show a TVG sign flashed on the corner of the screen, and I'm thinking.. wow.. I didnt realize that steamy scene between Paula & Simon was suitable for children :ohmy: :mac:

oliveu2cm said:

I voted a times myself :shifty: I would have voted more but I didn't think about it until there was only an hour left.

I'm so happy Ruben won!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

What Moonlit Angel said!

I think they'll both be very successful, and I can't wait to see them "battle it out on the charts."

I had the same thought about the G rating after the Paula and Simon thing. During it, I was like... :no: It made me squirm, so I can't imagine what parents watching with their kids felt about it.

I missed it due to a work event but I'm sad Clay didn't win. I honestly don't think Ruben is very good but he's a sweet guy and on some level I'm glad he won. Clay will go on to do good stuff. Get that guy on Broadway and SOON!

Last night I got home really late, but I finally caught up on Tues and Wed's tapes. I am very happy for Ruben and despite my slight preference for Clay, with a difference of 1,300 votes in 24 MILLION that's pretty good! They will both do really well. Canadian Idol will be coming on soon (yes, it's true!) I wonder who the judges will be.

Anyway, this all got me wondering, if Bono were just some guy who decided today to audition for the show, how do you think he'd do (picture early Bono of course)? Just with his voice, not his songs and with the rest of U2?

I agree about Kelly Clarkson. But I do kinda think the independent song is ok :uhoh:

icelle said:
simon would have torn bono apart

I would have to disagree. Bono has a lot of feeling in his voice. He comes across well and isn't irritating to listen to like the dude that sings for the white strips.

Back
Top Bottom