MERGED --> Did Anybody Else Watch American Idol? + Bono on Idol?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My mom is obsessed with the show and she wants Ruben to win so bad. She was screaming last nite that she couldn't get through to call....that's because she was dialing 1-800-866......instead of just 1-866.....:rolleyes: (she calls every week) I've only watched the show a few times and I even knew that what the number was cause they say it so much. Anyways...I can't wait to watch it with my mom tonite just to see how she reacts about Ruben, if he stays or goes. I hope he makes it to the next round.

Last night I spent 2 hours calling to vote and I couldn't get through. :mad: The one song that Clay sang "Vincent" didn't go to well, but then he sang "Unchained Melody" and made a good come back. I want him to win. :applaud:

Hallelujah Here She Comes said:
I kinda was wishing Kimberly and Clay would make it to the finals. Ah, well. Now I just have to root for Clay. :)

Me too. :( I even tried to vote for Kimberly last night, but couldn't get through. It should be a pretty good show next week. :yes:

Well, Ryan Adams was watching again...he posted three American Idol threads on his message board. :der: :laugh:

One of Ryan's posts:

"kimberly...of course. fucking male dominated television.......its better that she leaves now for a recording carrer outside the show. free fucking agent. and besides, lets face it, she is fucking hot. yes, i can say that."

:laugh:

A bittersweet ending...all three of them looked teary-eyed.

It's sad to see Kimberly go...I liked her. I figured she'd probably go, tonight, though.

But I like Clay and Ruben, too, and I'm glad to see them going on.

Man, next week's gonna be hard.

My sister wanted Clay to stay so badly tonight...she looked more nervous than the three contestants did!

By the way, that song that Ruben did last night, the Peabo Bryson one...yeah, he kicked butt on that. That song was just perfect for him...he sounded so much like Peabo!

"Unchained Melody" is a lovely song, and out of all of Clay's performances last night, that was his best.

Angela

:bow: :heart: Clay :heart: :bow:

So, yeah...I want Clay to win. A goofy guy from North Carolina with a voice like I don't know what. There's no doubt in my mind that he's the better singer. That note at the end of Mac the Knife? Incredible. :drool:

Yeah, that was great..."Mack The Knife" is one of my favorite songs, and Clay made it even better!

dammit if i had it my way I wouldn't vote anyone off...:rant:
I was very sad to see Kimberley go...in fact I cried...:coocoo:
It's funny how she was let go....she sang better than or should I say more solidly than Clay or Rueben.
Clay's 1st song that night was terrible...and Rueben sounded winded on his 1st song too. Kimberley on the other hand was immaculate on all songs. :der:
I'm going for Clay, though. Now that Kim's out...I'm going for Clay.
Sometimes I feel that Reuben can sometimes fuck up and it goes unnoticed. And that pisses me right the fook off.
Clay is more of a perfectionist...and therefore should win.

HeartlandGirl said:
:bow: :heart: Clay :heart: :bow:

So, yeah...I want Clay to win. A goofy guy from North Carolina with a voice like I don't know what. There's no doubt in my mind that he's the better singer. That note at the end of Mac the Knife? Incredible. :drool:

:up: He's by far the most talented.

I have only seen two episodes and then spent an hour voting for Clay. :reject:

mmmBono said:
dammit if i had it my way I wouldn't vote anyone off...:rant:
I was very sad to see Kimberley go...in fact I cried...:coocoo:
It's funny how she was let go....she sang better than or should I say more solidly than Clay or Rueben.
Clay's 1st song that night was terrible...and Rueben sounded winded on his 1st song too. Kimberley on the other hand was immaculate on all songs. :der:
I'm going for Clay, though. Now that Kim's out...I'm going for Clay.
Sometimes I feel that Reuben can sometimes fuck up and it goes unnoticed. And that pisses me right the fook off.
Clay is more of a perfectionist...and therefore should win.

I have also noticed that they seem less critical of Ruben when he goofs than anyone else. He's sung a few bad notes here and there and they just praise him. If anyone else did that, you'd hear someone comment on it. Oh, well. :shrug:

Lemon Meringue said:

I have also noticed that they seem less critical of Ruben when he goofs than anyone else. He's sung a few bad notes here and there and they just praise him. If anyone else did that, you'd hear someone comment on it. Oh, well. :shrug:

I agree. I thought his rendition of the Peabo Bryson song was pretty subpar. My husband and I were shocked that he received nothing but praise, considering he was really straining for some of those notes. For this week's show, Clay's first song may have been uninspired with some forgotten words, but at least when Clay hits the notes, he hits them. I have yet to see a performance of his where the singing itself is not top notch. Twice now, Clay has been told that his performance was the best ever in any of the seasons (once by Simon for To Love Somebody and once by Paula for I believe it was Mack the Knife). If we're going on talent, I think Clay has been the most consistent, even if this week he stumbled on that first song.

Clay is a great singer.

But my parents have said this before, and sometimes I tend to agree-Clay's from a theatrical background, and so sometimes he tends to overdo songs, he tends to get way too theatrical with them when he should just sing them straight out. He'd be excellent on Broadway.

He's still a great singer, though-seems like a really nice guy, and if he wins next week I won't be upset.

I really don't have a preference. I don't care who wins-I like both Clay and Ruben.

Angela

Oh man. When they said, "Here's Clay singing Bridge Over Troubled Water" I freaked! I love that song, and I think it was the perfect song for him. And that final note! What a way to end the competition!

:bow: Clay :bow:

I tried off and on tonight to call and vote for Clay but could never get through. I hope that's a good sign!

*waits in suspense for the results*

HeartlandGirl said:
Oh man. When they said, "Here's Clay singing Bridge Over Troubled Water" I freaked! I love that song, and I think it was the perfect song for him. And that final note! What a way to end the competition!

:bow: Clay :bow:

I tried off and on tonight to call and vote for Clay but could never get through. I hope that's a good sign!

*waits in suspense for the results*

I could not get through either, so maybe that's a good sign. :hyper:

Back
Top Bottom