MERGED --> Did Anybody Else Watch American Idol? + Bono on Idol?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Really??? Carmen's finally gone!?!?! YAY!!! I missed the show and forgot to tape it. I really would've like to see her get the news but the fact that it happened is satisfying enough.

Now we just have to get to work on Josh. :tsk:

Best moment of the night?

Josh/Kim on the couch. Ryan announces that Josh is in the bottom three. The camera pans to "Josh's" family:

joshfam.jpg

LOL, we see Kim's grandmother and another relative cheering. That was worth the half hour I devoted to the show last night.

:lmao: anitram. I was wondering what that was all about.

Well, yay for Carmen going. I was tired of her shocked expressions when the judges said how bad she sucked... as if she doesn't know. :rolleyes: I didn't see Tuesday's show so I can't comment on how good or bad Josh was... but I like him, and I am not American.

anitram said:
Best moment of the night?

Josh/Kim on the couch. Ryan announces that Josh is in the bottom three. The camera pans to "Josh's" family:

joshfam.jpg

LOL, we see Kim's grandmother and another relative cheering. That was worth the half hour I devoted to the show last night.

LMAOOO. Now that's quality television. :laugh:

Why did Clay get a special performance last night? He had different lighting and stuff from the rest of the 'idols'.

I thought that Clay, Reuban, and Kim L were all good. There is likely only going to be a bottom two tonight so I guess (hope) that it will be Josh and Trynece.

Hmmm...I thought Trenyce was great, especially on her second song. Basically, I thought everyone was good except Josh. Well, to tell the truth, it seemed like Reuben went flat a few times, but he was still pretty good. But Josh...no. And I thought his pissed off comments towards Simon were whiny and innappropriate. I really hope he's the one to go.

Yeah... Josh needs to chill a bit. Simon is not saying he sucks, just that he's not better than the other four people left in the competition and really shouldn't be there anymore. Kind of like that Nicky McKibben from last year.

I love Clay, Rueben and Kimberly. I'd be happy to see any of them win.

Trenyce is good, but just doesn't do it for me.

Hallelujah Here She Comes said:
Ok...I seriously can't believe Josh is still there. That's just...wrong. What the HELL? GAAAH.

No shit!!! It should have been him and Trenyce in the bottom two, with him getting the boot. RUBEN in the bottom two??? Simon looked disgusted. Dad and and I were shocked...Dad even said "fuck"...he never says that. :ohmy: :lmao:

I am completely disgusted that Josh made it through....the ONLY reason he is up there is because of the Patriotic Marine vote, and that is so unfair!! :madspit:

I am sure he realises deep down that there is no way Ruben should have been in the bottom two....it's just shameful!

So is Trenyce gone?

I agree with Mrs. Edge...Josh is getting the sympathy vote. He has been so below par for the past 4 weeks or so its not even funny. Every song he sings sounds like Garth Brooks...its very annoying.

There is NO way Ruben should be in the bottom 2. :down:

I should have waited and watched this myself but I couldn't help taking a peek in here :reject:

I was always really skeeved out by patriotism bordering on nationalism, but this is just sick.

This talentless hack can't stay in tune, has no upper register, can't hold a note and is not a war hero! He's not been in any war! He is nothing. Your tax dollars are paying for his vacation, for God's sake.

Josh owes his entire AI run to Saddam Hussein.

In other news, am I the only one getting a hot and bothered vibe from Kim and Clay? What up with that?

anitram said:
I was always really skeeved out by patriotism bordering on nationalism, but this is just sick.

This talentless hack can't stay in tune, has no upper register, can't hold a note and is not a war hero! He's not been in any war! He is nothing. Your tax dollars are paying for his vacation, for God's sake.

In other news, am I the only one getting a hot and bothered vibe from Kim and Clay? What up with that?
:lmao: @ anitram! Oh fuck...you just made me howl out loud! :lol:
About the Kim and Clay thang...yes..I noticed too! Imagine if those 2 had kids? :shocked: Look out! Ain't noone gonna stand a chance against their future children in singing competitions!!! :drool:
Josh soooooo needs to go!! What the hell happened tonight? It was borderline ridiculous!!! I agree with Char saying that Josh has been crap for 4 weeks and counting!! :tsk: I mean, c'mon :rolleyes: He should have definitely went tonight. Hopefully, voters will come to their freakin senses next week...because the results tonight were a heaping pile of fookin crap. :barf:

I wouldn't put it past Fox to put Ruben in the bottom two to simply stir shit and grab ratings. Look at how everyone is now talking about American Idol? Trenyce obviously had the least amount of votes... but who's to say the other 'bottom' people are really legitimately at the bottom? :sexywink: I don't trust TV.

That being said Ruben better win. :angry: You guys aren't doing your part! I can't vote here in Canada!

Josh didn't get voted off last night? I just told my husband what you guys were saying (we watched a different show last night), and we are both in shock!

And even more bizarre than Josh not getting voted off is that Reuben would be in the bottom two! WTF?

Strange things are afoot at the Circle K...

*considers actually calling to vote next week*

How dare they put my man Ruben in the bottom two!!!! Josh should have been there, and he should have gone home!!! I think he knew it too, did you see him with his face in his hands. With that said he better get kicked off next week, because if Ruben is in the bottom again, there is gonna be some serious hell to pay!!:evil: :censored: :mad:

:lmao:

Lori:mac:

HeartlandGirl said:
*considers actually calling to vote next week*

No kidding. Dad and I always watch the show, but we've never voted. We're considering it now. The final two should come down to Ruben and Clay...they deserve to be in the top two spots.

If FOX did what has been suggested and put Ruben in the bottom two to stir things up, well...congratulations to them because it worked.

they'll probably keep doing it for the ratings too. friggen josh needs to go away.

anitram said:

Amen!

Last night's results just pissed me off big time. Trenyce kicked some MAJOR arse on Tuesday night, especially on "Proud Mary" (if I didn't know better, I'd swear Tina Turner had invaded her body), and what does she get for such a performance?

She gets kicked off.

:tsk:.

That is just SO wrong on so many levels.

Josh sucked Tuesday night (like he has been for the past few weeks-he keeps getting worse and worse each week!). He should have gone home last night. Enough with the patriotism vote already, people. Argh.

Sorry, Trenyce, you deserved better than that-she should still be up there.

Angela

Josh will be gone next week.

Angel is right, people should vote for their favorite contestant.

I voted for Kimberly Locke....sorry Reuben fans :eek:

Lemon Meringue said:

I voted for Kimberly Locke....sorry Reuben fans :eek:

It's okay :) I wouldn't mind if Kimberly won...I hope it is either Ruben or Kimberly...i'm holding out for Ruben though...lol. I don't really like Clay as I think he is better suited for musicals, but I have this feeling he may go all the way:shifty: :madspit:

Lori :mac:

I don't think it's necessarily the military thing. I heard this morning on the news that they might be looking into "voting irregularities". I think they should do this before a travesty like that happens again.

Didn't Carmen have a web site where you could vote for her? There must be a way to vote numerous times via computer. Maybe people associated w/ Josh have the same thing set up, who knows? The way he buried his head in his hands, you knew that HE knew he should have been in Ruben's place. And the way Ruben handled it, he is a CLASS ACT :up:

I voted for Ruben last week, and I hope he and Kimberley are the two finalists. I wouldn't know who to choose in that case.

Here's the thing about voting irregularities:

Last year, a bunch of computer guys set up powervoters to vote for Nikki McKibbin. They'd log in like 10,000 votes/phone line/night, which was incredible.

American Idol actually has a clause re: voting irregularities. It states that the producers have the right to remove any votes which they deem to be suspect. This also actually allows them a legal loophole to screw around with the results, because there is no independent auditing done.

Carmen had an autodialer. This is actually not considered cheating because you can log the same amount if not more votes manually. All that was is setting up your modem to dial for you instead of your phone, and I believe theirs was set up with 11 second intervals in between calls, logging some 700 calls in 2 hours. This is pretty much no different than using a standard phone line, but it allowed people to have their computer dialling away while they dialed on their home and cell phones.

Bono on Idol?

So I am watching Idol and I catch a glimpse of this freakishly familar face. It appears to be . . . Bono?! on American Idol?! Nnnnoooooo.

So behind Randy Jackson is this man who generally resembles Bono but it was enough to freak me out and to look for him the next judge go around.

Anyone else agree?

Maybe it was the glasses?! The hair was longer than I knew it had been of late and the features a little sharper - but of course this was on second look. As I said - the first pass was a double take.

Wow, am I the first to comment on tonight's show? Clay was AWESOME. That first song he did gave me the total chills. Although Josh was definitely much better, his best can't even touch Clay...he is just leagues up there. Of course his second song couldn't come close to what he accomplished with the first one, but I thought it was fun seing him attempt to wiggle his hips. Very cute.

But Ruben! He was sublime in both songs! I am sooooo impressed.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom