MERGED --> David Blaine

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Security has been increased at the site of David Blaine's endurance feat following several incidents in which members of the public have thrown missiles at his plexi-glass box.

Cleaners dealt with an egg which hit the side of the box during Blaine's first night inside, but other objects thrown include golf balls and stones.

In addition to increasing the number of security staff at the site, Blaine's support team have raised the height of the box in an attempt to deter further pranks.

The increased height of the box also serves to make Blaine's temporary home quieter. The magician was unable to sleep for a time on Saturday night when England fans celebrating the national side's victory against Macedonia assembled near his plexi-glass box.

While the reverie was good-natured, the noise posed a problem for the magician, who is especially dependent on sleep to cope with the starvation he now faces.

Meanwhile, one visitor who is especially welcome is Blaine's girlfriend Manon Von Gerkan. The model and jewellery designer has kept a vigil beneath the illusionist's plexi-glass box since he began his feat on Friday night.

Crowds have continued to gather after a weekend in which onlookers brought neighbouring Tower Bridge virtually to a standstill as they struggled to get a view of Blaine's feat.

David Blaine is suffering even more for his art - thanks to a burger van parked near his perspex box on the Thames.

The illusionist - who has vowed to go 44 days without food - has complained that the smell of onions is driving him mad.

:shifty: I thought Angela Harlem had mentioned cooking onions under his box....... :hmm:

How did his crew know to raise him and that the smell is driving him crazy? Isn't he suppose to not be communicating with anyone?

Hes cheating already!

And waving to people - would that be seen as being in contact with other ppl??? :slant:

I think coming near to Halloween time they should have a pyrotecnics display outside his box every night and start selling candy floss and popcorn and all the typical fair food like hotdogs and burgers

They should also play the circus music "do do do doolo do" very loudly ALL the time

If that doesnt drive the man mad, I dont know what will

lol, you're lucky then! Apparently England can get kicked out of Euro 2004 if England fans go over to Turkey and cause YET ANOTHER riot there. I mean fans of every other country in the world seem to be able to go abroad and enjoy a game of football without there needing to be 43 riot vans called out in the aftermath.

:madspit:

FizzingWhizzbees said:
lol, you're lucky then! Apparently England can get kicked out of Euro 2004 if England fans go over to Turkey and cause YET ANOTHER riot there. I mean fans of every other country in the world seem to be able to go abroad and enjoy a game of football without there needing to be 43 riot vans called out in the aftermath.

:madspit:

the main problem with the turkey match is that, to stop trouble, the FA has decided not to sell tickets to the england fans for the turkey match. But Turkey have decided that they are going to sell them to the english themselves (or something). There's a lot of nutters here in england who want revenge for when those turkish guys stabbed 2 leeds united fans to death a while back

It's scary shit. I hope people listen to whats being said here and don't go to the match. Unfortunately, there's always going to be a certain amount of fuckwits who do....:no:

just additional info - from today's bbc news:

Turkey spark tickets fear

England fans celebrate the win in Macedonia
Report: Macedonia 1-2 England
Turkey's football federation has said it will sell tickets to England fans for October's crucial Euro 2004 qualifying game in Istanbul.

England's Football Association has repeated its intent to refuse its allocation of tickets for the final Group Seven qualifying match.

But the FA is now seeking urgent clarification from its Turkish counterparts after newspaper claims that tickets would be made available to England fans.

Haluk Ulusoy, the president of the Turkish federation, reportedly told the News of the World: "Even if the English FA is not going to sell tickets and not going to bring fans over to Istanbul, we will do it for them.

"If there are fans who want to watch this game, they can come and get tickets from us.

England's fans have as much right to travel as anyone else

From Phil Mounty
Have your say
"We will sell as many tickets to them as they want - 1,000, 2,000 or even 3,000.

"We can also give VIP seats out if they want them."

Ulusoy's claims may prompt more England fans to travel for the high-risk match, which will decide the outcome of the group.

FA head of media Adrian Bevington said: "We will be discussing this with the Turkish federation over the next 24 hours to establish what their view is with regard to this article.

"We would like to strongly reaffirm the position of ourselves, the Government and the police that no fans should travel to Turkey."

The FA adopted a similar stance towards Saturday's qualifier in Macedonia, but was powerless to prevent about 250 England fans buying tickets on the black market.

It's always that bunch of fuckwits that ruin it for everyone else though. I mean look at the number of times in the last decade there's been crowd trouble at England matches. Actually look at the number of times it's been peaceful - that'll be quicker. The FA wouldn't have turned down the ticket allocation if it wasn't for that bunch of dickheads who are determined to go over there and cause trouble.

Love football, hate hooliganism.

Hey, someone should put that on a t-shirt. :D

FizzingWhizzbees said:
It's always that bunch of fuckwits that ruin it for everyone else though. I mean look at the number of times in the last decade there's been crowd trouble at England matches. Actually look at the number of times it's been peaceful - that'll be quicker. The FA wouldn't have turned down the ticket allocation if it wasn't for that bunch of dickheads who are determined to go over there and cause trouble.

Love football, hate hooliganism.

Hey, someone should put that on a t-shirt. :D

gotta hate those jackasses who ruin it for everyone else.

David Blaine?

Who is this guy?
Is he just some damn attention getter?
Is he one who now.."thinks outside of the box"?:sexywink:

What do you guys think?

DB9

He stayed in a box, was pelted with eggs, laughed at, got really smelly, grew a beard and lost 50 pounds. What's is the point?

Now he has to be hospitalized and re-introduced to food.

What he HELL was this supposed to accomplish or prove?

He has not been able to capitalize on his magic tricks on a larger scale. Most of his work can only be done in front of very small crowds. His stunts (locked in ice, locked in a box) are his only way to generate publicity.

Bono's American Wife said:

But it wasn't magic..it was sitting in a box! :shrug:

obviously you dont know how to appreciate magic "not of the norm"

Chizip said:

obviously you dont know how to appreciate magic "not of the norm"

I guess I need to learn how to appreciate magic of the "non-abracadabra" variety :wink:

tricks.gif

I actually find him fascinating to watch. This may sound stupid, but oh well...to me, what he does is not magic at all, but a test of mental toughness..test of stamina..pushing yourself to the limits...

I dont know..I just find it amazing that time and time again, he does these stunts, and you can say all you want about his reasons for doing them, whether it be for publicity, celebrity..but I got to hand it to him...he does them...and he does them good.

inside or outside of the box.....the guys is amazing..crazy perhaps....but amazing...

I agree with you on most of that guaca...he is a pretty amazing illusionist and I really like most of what he does...I just didn't get this latest one :shrug:

Back
Top Bottom