MERGED--->Cujo's Lost Weekend With Gretzky + Eat This Griffiths!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cujo

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Oh what a wonderful weekend it was at the Valleyridge Golf And Country Club in North Calgary... watching PGA professionals and hockey players partake in a round of golf for children's charities.

On Sunday the 27th, there was a Celebrity-AM... where Wayne Gretzky and Friends did two shotgun starts in the morning and afternoon, accompanied by kids from the Make A Wish Foundation and Ronald McDonald's Children's Charities. I will add pics of this later, as I dawned my Michael Griffiths cap for a day... and stalked Wayne for an entire hole.

:up:

On Monday the 28th, a match play round teed off at 8am... pairing Master's Champion Mike Weir with Calgary Flames Superstar Jarome Iginla, against the team of PGA member Ian Leggatt and Wayne Gretzky.

I was within 6 feet of the First tee when they started, as the two PGA members made opening drives with their respective hockey counterpart's jerseys on... didn't help Mr. Weir. At the end of the hole, I was able to get Jarome Iginla's autograph... but I was stiffed by the rest of them. For the rest of the day.

:down:

Even though I only was able to stay for the first 9 holes, it was well worth it. Gretzky hooked a ball into the left rough of the 9th hole, where he was forced to chip it onto the fairway... he took the shot right beside me. I'm mad that I didn't take a camera for this day... it wasn't allowed, but everyone else bloody well brought one.

The pair of Leggatt and Gretzky won the overall event, when Gretzky beat Iginla in the tie-breaker... a fifty-foot putt off.

Right before I left I was able to acquire the only autograph I cared to get... solely to rub it in Michael's face. Here it is old chap, Gretzky's autograph:

337%3C672723232%7Ffp8%3Enu%3D3237%3E954%3E5%3C4%3Ewsnrcg%3D32324%3B52774%3A%3Anu0mrj

:sexywink:

I'll post some pics of Wayne and his celebrity friends once I get the film developed.

Very funny, Cuj! Walter is a good man. The Gretzky name is the Gretzky name, afterall. Some say he's even more famous in Canada than his son.

Okay, so that must have been ultra cool. Lucky you. :angry: No, I'm happy for you. :wink: So Wayne snubbed you? How did he look out on the course, overall? Can you see him making a stab at professional golf?

Wayne actually played very well... especially considering the fact that he was a little under the weather. He was tied with Iginla for the day I believe. Apparently Weirsy recovered and shot some good golf on the back nine, but Leggatt and Gretz pulled it off.

This photo is from the first day, Wayne doing his shotgun tee-off on the tenth hole:

337%3C748323232%7Ffp47%3Dot%3E2328%3D%3A45%3D6%3B5%3Dxroqdf%3E23233%3C48246%3A7ot1lsi

He's in the middle (red cap and track pants)... sorry for the quality of it. I could have gotten better shots because I was right beside Gretzky for most of the day yesterday... but I didn't chance being kicked out. If you want a lot of far away shots I've got a lot of those too.

Here's Hayley Wickenheiser... for those who don't know she is probably the best female hockey player in the world, and she is also contemplating a return to the Finnish men's league next year:

337%3C748323232%7Ffp8%3Enu%3D3237%3E954%3E5%3C4%3Ewsnrcg%3D32324%3B5732389nu0mrj

If I need to tell you who this is... you don't know hockey, or you need glasses:

337%3C748323232%7Ffp3%3B%3Dot%3E2328%3D%3A45%3D6%3B5%3Dxroqdf%3E23233%3C48238%3C8ot1lsi

:sexywink:

I'll have more later once I get the other roll developed. If you care.

Cujo, that picture of Wayne could be anybody! :wink: It looks like he's wearing black jeans. Is that the right person?

That must have been fun though. Lanny McDonald looks as good as ever!

*waits anxiously for more pics*

Yeah that's him. Like I say, I was a lot closer to him but didn't have a camera to take pictures with. Oh well, my memory will serve as my photo album... don't try to break into it Michael.

I bet you were a lot 'closer' to him Cujo. You have to get fairly close to get one of those restraining order things like you did :sexywink:

Michael Griffiths said:
LOL. So did he really snub you? That's very unlike him.

No not really. Mike did for sure. But it was a day for the kids, so I don't expect much from them. Even though that's the closest Calgary will ever get to a PGA event.

It would be great if Leslie Nielsen was there... simply for a decent reply.

But nay. 'Twasn't meant to be.

A dickhead that can skate?!?

Screw you Cirque du Soleil,

I'm getting tickets for Phallic Capades.

Back
Top Bottom